Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aussie Pill Bust

e_trooper

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, just saw on the news about 300 000 pills got caught coming into the country. They were pink and had a picture press but i couldn't make out what they were. I hope they weren't good quality MDMA ! =(
anyone know what they were?
any idea's?
-{Trooper}-

Duzn't matter now as we won't be eating any of them
[me prays for crooked cops]

Havent seen anything on nine news yet! and didnt see anything on ten!! Also couldnt find anything on Sydney Morning Herald online or ninemsn!! Hopefully its not true and those 300k will be coming to a dealer near you soon!

Stoopid news, they failed to mention it was old, or maybe i failed to listen. It was on tonights news however, and it caught my attention. Sorry guys
-{Trooper}-

Very interesting this. If you read the link posted above it states that back in April last year.....
Customs officers and Federal police have seized a record amount of amphetamines valued at $25 million from a shipping container in Sydney.
While north of the border Queensland police are claiming to have smashed a multi-million dollar amphetamine ring.
The Minister for Customs, Chris Ellison, says the Sydney shipment included 125 kilograms of amphetamines tablets, and 15 kilograms of heroin.
The drugs were concealed in a consignment of pineapple tins shipped from China and have a combined street value of $34 million.
Senator Ellison says customs officers used sophisticated methods to target the container and confirmed the presence of the drugs through an X-ray examination.
A 34 year-old Canadian national and a 42-year-old Chinese national have been charged over the haul and are due to appear in the Parramatta local court later today.
While the article in today’s news says that...
THE middleman in a bid to import up to $15 million worth of heroin and ecstasy into Australia in pineapple tins has been jailed for 20 years.
Canadian national Michael Sui Kwan Leung, 36, was convicted by a jury in July of two charges of knowingly importing 10kg of heroin and 51kg of ecstasy into Sydney in April last year.
The shipment from China was detected by the Customs Service and the drugs replaced by the Australian Federal Police (AFP) who followed the consignment.
taken from Drug middleman gets 20 years
My maths is pretty bad but something doesn't quite add up, they sure did lose a bit along the way ;)
[ 18 September 2002: Message edited by: Fry-d- ]

Lol i dropped maths in year 10, but i know that something is missing there
How did so many get "lost" along the way :D
Love how they exxagerate busts, either with thte quantity or value
:D

So the 74kgs of pills and 5kgs of heroin i got offered the other night probably isn't a smart purchase?? ;)
19million in reduced value at trial... hmm, i'm sure there's some plausible explanation... maybe i should join the AFP.
And to echo Dante:
HAHAHA... !!

So the 74kgs of pills and 5kgs of heroin i got offered the other night probably isn't a smart purchase??
Not so SS, I imagine they're going pretty cheaply with a view to switching the stock into donuts and coffee.

I read in a fashion column that they were Versaces - just the sort of thing a fashion editor would pick up in a blurred photo!
:)

I wonder if the price difference is due to the fact that in court the prices quoted (ie what was paid by the defendant) where at wholesale prices whilst when the prices that were given in the initial bust were those at street prices.
The weight - perhaps MDMA was in pill form and they took a few samples, weighed the ratio and then charged him based on true MDMA content rather than the MDMA + binders and fillers.

Ok me again guys, I just heard on ten news that a "multi-million dollar ecstacy haul" was found in picture frames at sydney airport. As far as it suggested this happened today, yesterday maybe. It was very recent i think. What are peoples thoughts on the increasing frequency that these busts seem to be happening? I personally don't think it will affect availabilty, but i wonder how many it was? I hope they weren't quality pills.
-{Trooper}-

It very rarely means anything to the end user who buys in singles - busts like this happen all the time, it just depends on how slow the news day is if we hear it as a front page story or as an article tucked away on the corner of page 19...

^^^^^ So very true... we (read: at work) regularly hide things in the media that we don't want people to know yet we are forced to disclose. Tricks such as faxing through infomation 1/2 hour b4 the deadlines for the days papers and generally wording things confusingly when you send info to media.
When you consider someting like 75% of news items originates from PR or other departments who want (and/or are paid) to put their message out, thus 25% of news comes from reporters actually researching stories, you become VERY cynical of anything you see or read.

Just saw a news update and said a huge number of pills got confiscated comming into adelaide. They were white, domed on both sides, didn't see the logo. Anyone got any ideas on what they were?
Just when we got a chance to get something different besides ss, and they get taken, damn.