Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill dyes

lorrett

Bluelighter
OK people, I have done a search on this topic and found zilch. If you can direct me to some info i’ll be eternally grateful. However, if you can’t, can some pill genius answer or attempt to answer the questions below? I have two questions to ask about how pills are coloured or dyed.
Are pills dyed pre pressing.....that is are the binders dyed before pressing with the mdma? I believe, this is the proable case.
Or are pills dyed post pressing? If so, how absorbant is mdma to colouring dyes if at all? Alot of pills I have seen lately are coloured with white flecks throughout. Are these white flecks mdma or some other shite?
Thanx for any constructive input
[ 18 September 2002: Message edited by: lorrett ]
[ 18 September 2002: Message edited by: lorrett ]

Well being that I have never actually seen a pill press i cant be 100% sure but i think youll find that the dye is added when the mixture is still in paste form.

tend to agree with RR here. There was a rumour going around that the Versace's varied so much (from brown to beige to white) was because the colour wasn't mixed properly at manufacture.

Are pills dyed pre pressing.....that is are the binders dyed before pressing with the mdma? I too believe this to be the case...
Or are pills dyed post pressing? If so, how absorbant is mdma to colouring dyes if at all? I can't see how you'd dye a pill once it's been pressed, as the colour would only coat the surface & if the dye was wet (as most are...) it'd most likely break down the pill, would it not?
Alot of pills I have seen lately are coloured with white flecks throughout. Are these white flecks mdma or some other shite? I seriously doubt you'll ever know what they are.
Thus I agree with anf & RR.

I reckon dyeing postpressing can occur if certain binders are used .....remember the old colgate toothpaste ad...where the old girl drops the chaulk into the dye to compare tooth decay? Again, would mdma absorb the dye?

If pills were dyed post pressing I would imagine the colour would be darkest on the outside and be somewhat lighter towards the inside, a pill is quite solid after all. It would have to be a very porous pill otherwise or some seriously harsh penetrating dye, which wouldn't be worth the effort IMHO. I've never seen a pill with inconsistent colouring throughout when I've cut one in half. I'd expect the colouring of a post dyed pill would possibly come off on ones fingers slightly too, something which I also haven’t experienced.
I may be wrong but I'd be more inclined to think the colours were added to the mix before the biscuit was cooked :)

Rohypnol comes in green pill form with blue inside. This could be used as another marketing ploy for ecstacy manufacturers.

I've seen a pharmaceuticals pill press in action (running at around 1320 pills per minute according to the speedo on the side) and the pills were already a light blue upon shooting out of the pipe.
I was really impressed with the cleanliness of these places and it makes you wonder what conditions the weekend pills come from!

Anf: i tend to agree on the versace theory. i had all of them and never recorded any significant difference. and the Safe Sex's of late are beginning to look very similar. generally consistent quality. different variations on certain shades. just looks familiar is all...

please correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Rohypnol coloured now so you can detect if the hot chocolate rapist is spiking your drink?

daimo: yea thats right, newer pills release a coloring agent to warn when the drink has been spiked.

Binders, colours, fillers and any other inactive ingredients are known as excipients. Referring to industry (commercial quantity drug producers probably use similar techniques) the colour is usually mixed with the formulation before pressing, although coatings can be applied after. Uneven distribution in tablets can have several causes, related to the type of process employed, and the formulation used.

Last edited:
Just a gentle reminder that our Guidelines specify the following:

6. DON'T ask for someone to email you on Aus Drug Discussion. This is often a very suspicious way to draw attention to yourself and even if it's just a social reason that you want to get in touch with the person, it's better to check their profile and email them on the address listed. If they don't list an email address then they will contact you if they want to, and otherwise will remain uncontactable. This is an important feature of the pseudo-anonymity afforded by choosing a BL nickname and concealing the email address. Clearly, if someone is making it hard to be contacted, this is the way it should stay.

Further to this Guideline, you can actually leave a Private Message for someone by clicking the envelope icon above each of their posts. So, if you want someone to contact you or email you personally, please take it to PMs.

BigTrancer :)