Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ice in melbourne

eddi spgeddi

Bluelighter
ive just looked at some amphetamine called ice....
it looks like shards of glass.
it is rather expensive. maybe 1.5 times the price per weight for meth...
who knows what im looking at?
is it worth a dab?

sounds like crystal meth. there has been more of this about lately, especially in melbourne. when smoked it can be very powerful.
*cue usual ice=4MAR whinge by the purists*

...takes the cue.
As is the week for correcting people for terms being used when they shouldn't, the smacky thread comes to mind.... ;)
I'm with JB though in thinking you've got purer crystals of meth there. Which does tend to have somewhat addictive effects when smoked. If in fact it is actually 4MAR I think I remember a thread ages back where someone was sure it didn’t test positive for amphetamines when tested with an EZ tester or am I getting confused.... ?

No thats right Fry_D.
It has been claimed that "ice" (as in 4-MAR) was tested and did not go orange with EZ.
IMO i doubt highly that it will, but i have no way of proving this.
Test it if u can.
I think u will see it will be a very violent reaction to orange with bubbles etc.
[ 17 September 2002: Message edited by: Biscuit ]

Goddamn! I haven't been able to get on to some for ages, I can't find it anywhere!
Trust me, get some, you won't be disappointed!
Here in Melbourne, 4MAR is pretty much non-existent. What's referred to as ice here is always pure crystal meth, as far as I know.
And from what I've read on 4MAR, I'd rather the meth anyway!
Stay Up Forever

Had a go at this stuff on the weekend. Yes, its a fair bit more expensive, but considering how little you need its worth it. Under 1 point left me wired for days.
I did find it more difficult to smoke than regular stuff. Which leaves me wondering if it isn't the cut which burns more easily than the actual amphetamine.

Quick question: I'm looking for references that say techincally ice should mean 4MAR. The closest I can find is the meth FAQ on Erowid and the meth FAQ on methamphetamine.com which appear to be the same and state:
Methamphetamine (also known as speed, meth, crystal, crank, and sometimes confusingly called ice)
and:
The term "ice" is generally considered to apply to 4-methyl-aminorex, but is often used to refer to relatively pure (and in some cases, not so pure) forms of methamphetamine.
Despite that, the home page of methamphetamine.com has "ICE" at the top.
Dictionary.com, while probably not the best source for street slang, has methamphetamine as a definition but not 4MAR. It is looking like quite an uphill battle to get people to use the "correct" terminology. Slang purists could argue that words such as this are defined by how they are popularly used. Either way, I find it confusing enough so generally avoid using such ambiguous terms.
A quick search on Erowid turns up this and the drug slang vault.

If you do have a dabble let us know how it goes. In the 'nanna can't tell' and various threads there is a general consensus that it won't do much to you (euphorically, energy etc) but will keep you awake forever.

**holds self back from usual ice vs. meth whinge**
from what i have seen(note 1st hand boldedness!) ice does not test orange. and yes, it did have an effect when taken.

Keep in mind, if it is 4MAR that very low dosages are required so start low if you unsure.
Also, this 'ice' whether it be meth or 4MAR from my understanding and what I have 'seen' should burn cleanly without too much black residue left behind (basically none).

tested blue on marquis (not that i saw the test done, but have no reason to doubt it)
smoked very impressive.
the crystals are rock hard... couldnt be broken between thumb and forefinger.
was rushy and euphoric...
lasted too long into the tweakend...
if i can get some more ill scan a pic and test it on e1.

blue?!
I'm not to upto speed with the testers and get the different ones mixed up. maybe it was blue on mandelin? tell the truth i really dont know, and was just repeating what i'd been told. I only have an E1 tester... and its bout 2 years old, which i figure dramatically effects the clarity of tests. anyway the drug in question is definately amphetamine and very nasty indeed. i 'll see if i can get a test with my old E1.

I tested some under an e2 and it sizzled green and smoked like a bitch. We smoked some small shards of it, it kept me up for ages and rushed me a fair bit. The shit is worth it if your into that sort of thing, personally I'm not. it made me pretty paranoid and it makes you real messy the next day. Some of the crystals are real big, up to three points.

The E1 tester is the one we want to test it with.
IMO the reaction the orange for amphetamine/meth is much better than the one to green for amphetamine/meth on E2.
U say its definitely amphetamine and it turned blue on E1??
That is impossible for that to occur; even if the tester is old.
If anyone has got an Xtreme tester please try and test this. It will be very interesting to see how 4-MAR tests; if this is 4-MAR as it contains TWO AMINE groups!!
I am still predicting 4-MAR to be colourless on a fresh E1.

^^^^
sorry to confuse you biscuit with the dodgy test data...
just had the test types mixed up and not sure now weather my friend had done any tsting at all... as i said originally "didnt see the test" and had no reason to doubt it... obviously now i do, as i too have worked out that it couldnt have turned blue.

If it’s so available, how about someone doing some testing? C'mon, this is a good chance to test out what Biscuit is talking about - the 2 amine thing, and how if at all these groups react.
I've heard there are well over a hundred noted reactions of known drugs with corresponding colours. Even some of the tryptamines react, so it's really worthwhile buying a kit and helping to solve a mystery.