• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Does AciD really makE you flY??

I think you may have left out an "a"
Once I took a LaRGe amount and felt like a fly on the wall. It was as if I had shrunk to the size of a fly, and looking through that damned kaleidoscope didn't help at all?!
On a more serious note. In the days of the US against Tim Leary, one of the classic rumors about LSD was that it made you think you could fly, and so because you were likely to jump off some great tall building, it was widely warned that you should definitely not touch it.
Well, it wasn't an altogether unfounded rumor. A psychiatric hospital near where I lived was run by a mate’s father (The head psych). He worked with LSD, as it was investigated for potential for use in psychiatry. One of his patients jumped out of a third story window while on the drug.
Use was quickly stopped and he (mates dad) told me years later in reply to a question about LSD and psychiatry..."There is no place for LSD in medicine" This was his opinion, based upon several years of trials, but it’s a view not shared by many other researchers of this time (mid 60’s)
I think when it comes down to it, with a big enough dose you may tend explore anything you dream of, so if you've always wanted to, and perhaps thought you could, perhaps you will. Just make sure your hang glider is pre-fitted, and your co-pilot is with you ;)
If you are going to do acid for the first time then the golden rule is to start off with less than you think or are told you need, and work up to what’s comfortable. Remember acid takes anything up to 2-4 hours before you peak, so don't be too quick with a supplement. Also, realize the potential potency of liquid if you're ever offered it.

phase_dancer: You rock! :D
The only reason I'm gunna leave this open is cos of that reply. It might not go anywhere, but at least phase_dancer has given the thread a chance.

If you read Timothy Leary's very interesting autobiography, he firmly debunks the myth about people on acid thinking they could fly and jumping out of buildings. He says it simply never happened.
If I remember correctly he claimed this was anti-drug propaganda put out by the US government in their campaign against him in the 60s when he was the leading proponent of LSD as a means of expanding consciousness.
I, on the other hand, can fly without acid. Now excuse me - I hear a damsel in distress [/me swoops off the top of a flaming building]...
splat
:)

D&AWg, yes I believe basically it was purely a rumor started by the US anti drug agencies, along with the chromosome damage myth. With the patient mentioned above, many other factors could have been involved, but it did make the news in NZ, and was locally talked about for years.
Interestingly, LSD took a dive in popularity during the seventies. Was this the result of a temporarily effective anti-drug strategy, involving such scare stories?

phase_dancer:
Apparently the dive in popularity during the 70's of acid was due to around 100-150g of rat poison found on each acid trip sold which was killing off those unfortunate party goers.
This trend will again be found in ecstacy use as mroe and more pollutants are added to each 'pill'. I myself found a 1/4 pound block of heroin in a pill I took the other day and I see on the news that a 2 tonne haul of Cokey pills that had been crushed up and packaged to imitate cocaine was found.
Now if one of those cokey pills got into your system then you'd become an immediate social outcast with emotional problems...
You have been warned
--------------------------
BEER BEER BEER!
BED BED BED!

^^ to anyone 'not in the know', THIS WAS A SARCASTIC POST and done in poor taste..

I prolly deserved that...anyway it got a laugh from me, trying to visulise how you'd balance 150g of anything on a blotter.

Wazza:
captobvious.gif

(I haven't used one of those for a while, I couldn't resist)
[ 17 September 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

The post might get a laugh but imagine if some stupid ass journo who scans bluelight used it as a reference to why 'drugs are bad' and stated 'Rat poison used to kill off drug users' or a similar pathetic title to gain attention.
We must remember this is preserved for anyone to see. Oh well, I'll just shut up from now on.
[ 17 September 2002: Message edited by: wazza ]

I think the real question of this post is .. if acid makes you think you can fly.. why the hell would you test this theory by jumping off the top of a building.. I have never seen a duck catching the elevator to the top of the Rialto to fly south for the winter...
Acid doesn't kill people
Stupidity kills people
[ 17 September 2002: Message edited by: JTHM ]

Yeah, people should use the
icon12.gif
when they reply, so everyone knows they're joking.
***Hint Hint***
:D

Wazza: relax a bit ok? Credit us, the users, and the media for that matter, with some intelligence, and a sense of humour. If the subject wasn't brought up it couldn't have been so thoroughly, and amusingly, debunked.
This is why censorship gets us nowhere (see thread on the term "smack"). It's only when people identify themselves as idiots that we can help them, and by doing so help everyone else who reads along.
That is the priority, not worrying about what journos might think or right. Keep that in mind at all times; we are here to support our users, everything else runs a poor second.
Oh and flying? Nobody makes it the first time, just ask Neo... ;)

Bluelight: World Headquarters for sardonic drug elitism!

Hmm, this thread actually turned out to be quite informative AND entertaining...
Koutos to you all :)
Please do continue :)

Ok, I'm sorry. I guess I am not seeing the funny side of things at moment (my fault)
Found out my dad might be dying or something. He had something like a heart attack on saturday and this being the third day in hospital and no one still knows whats wrong with him. I'm sorry..
I've realised my mistake and won't read this for a bit until I've calmed down (emotionally inside)

Phase_dancer: I wasn't ripping into you at all, I agreed with the stuff you said. I was just trying to skew the thread into a bizarre exchange of bizarreness like the "can you fax acid" one... props to you PD
and wazza:
What I was writing was so tongue in cheek I almost poked a hole through my cheek with my tongue. If a newspaper actually printed
...was due to around 100-150g of rat poison found on each acid trip sold...
then they would be laughed off the face of the planet. And
a 2 tonne haul of Cokey pills that had been crushed up and packaged to imitate cocaine
was pretty much just for you and our constant cokey/smacky IRC banter
-------------------------
James woods: I'm off to battle space aliens on a distant planet
Marge: That sounds like a good movie
James Woods: Yes... a movie...

Ha!
yea this thread has actually turned out to be quite informative, lol
thanks for keeping it open too!
another thing im happy that it has been focused by nearly all the m0ds and i even got the eyes of J0hnboy the Admin!! lol
keep up the good work pEEps! :D
oh yea one more thing....
"iTs A bIrD.....No ItS A PlaNe.....WaiT....Its A AciD TrippEr" !!!
Ive learnt alot hey, Wickid!! :D :) :D
SubJ*~*