• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Pneumonia/bronchitis/fluid in lungs? :(

SangerRainsford

Bluelighter
I'm NOT trying to skirt a dr.'s(ER, probably...) visit with this posting, I'm just trying to figure out what I may be looking at before getting to the hospital. I can't get there for at least an hr.

I've been unable to take a full breath since waking up today. I can't fill my lungs. This makes me virtually incapable of yawning, or even talking really (I CAN talk, but I have to talk slowly, quietly, etc, and if I talk too long - like more than a few sentences - I have to slowly rebuild my breath before continuing).

Any guesses what I may be looking at?

Oh and it hurts like shit - it's not muscles, it's inside the ribcage, maybe the top 1/3 of my rib cage's insides(lungs I'm presumin lol) hurt at all times, but when I attempt to take more than like 60-70% of a breath, the pain rises exponentially - I haven't tried it, but I'm not even sure i could handle the pain and take a full breath, just 3/4 of one hurts a ton.

Any info/advice/q's/whatever are appreciated. I'm pretty sure there's no way out of an ER visit, but in the meantime I'm just hoping I can get a better clue of what it is.
(drinking fluids hurts too - have not/will not attempt solids right now. Also, I *am* a smoker, and maybe 1-1.5wks ago, I noticed my lungs "hurt" a tiny amount while smoking, but it subsided after a day or so.... there was a girl around me at the time, and she had the same subtle "hurt" when smoking, but she's fine now..)

Well noone here is a doctor but definetely get your ass to the ER ASAP. If it is pneumonia your not going to be in for a fun time. I had it last year and it might just be the most unpleasant thing ive ever been through. If it is that they will probably hook you up to IV anti-biotics and maybe give you a painkiller to help you take a deep breathe without being in pain. Oxygen is kinda nessasry ya know :\

Best of luck to you for a speedy recovery.

thnx - just was hoping for some kinda heads-up, not-knowing can make things worse yknow?

I'm getting ready to go to the ER right now, wish me luck :|

This sucks dude, i had pneumonia in jan 2010 & i just always felt out of breath, it can be quite distressing. I Imagine a bronchiodilator like methamptheamine would help you take a bigger breath! I know for a fact a form of speed is used for this very purpose. Same thing pseudoephedrine does is dilate your passges which come to think of it is a precusor of meth itself!

Maybe some sudafed? (psuedoephedrine) & yeah an antibiotic too. I got clarithomycin for mine but it didn't do a damn thing for my fluid filled lungs, just gave me stomach problems. Try steam inhalation, my doc suggested that too.

I got the methamphetamine like you said, it seems to have helped a bit. Problem is now I've been up for 3d straight, and I have nothing.left.to.clean!!!
/jk, there is no methamphetamine anywhere near me, fuckin hate speeds!!

I got the methamphetamine like you said, it seems to have helped a bit. Problem is now I've been up for 3d straight, and I have nothing.left.to.clean!!!
/jk, there is no methamphetamine anywhere near me, fuckin hate speeds!!

LOL, what u obtained the meth or you were scripted it?

I hear you on the cleaning; i've been chewing on cigarettes & sweating whilst hoovering & wiping surfaces with anti-bacterial spray on speed before=D

Try easing into a chillout sesh with 10mg of valium or 120 of codeine to get some still body time to reflect on your madness U perahaps sleep?

that was a joke ;P even ephedrine makes me shaky/uncomfortable, hell caffeine can do it after 300-400mg's..
If I could score some guafenesin (w/o ephedrine) it'd be cool, but I'm gonna grab my new rx allbuterol (sp?) inhaler, so should be good for the time being ;P

Nver know with bluelighters, some take heroin for the flu! guaifenisin is actually quite good at purging that crap off your chest ime. I'm hypersensitive to caffeine to (only half a mug of coffe in the am) & ephedrine makme me feel like i'm literally going to to need an ambuland to help with an impending heart attack!
Good luck to you mate

thnx man ;)
if I were back up in MA, speed (adderall) is available quicker than cigs/booze in any college area I know of, but in FL I've yet to even see speeds (different crowds yknow?). Meh, if I had adderall I'd still hang onto it for the next time shit was overwhelming, I'm more of a "deal w/ shit and save the 'medicine' for later' kinda guy ;)