• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Drugs that have no negative effect on the heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignbrown

Bluelighter
What drugs have no negative effect on the heart whatsover if used sensibly.

All i know of so far is benzos and gbl, both lower blood pressure mildly and has no negative effects. Alcohol in small amounts is fine too.

What about opiates, i understand an overdose could be dangerous for the heart lowering it too much, but in general recreational doses like 20-40mg oxycodone, what effect does it have on the heart?

Also ketamine, i know some disociatives like pvp can be pretty buzzy and probably put your BP pretty high, but Ket seems pretty safe on the cardiovascular system as long as its not mixed, would this be correct?

Thanks

Opiates don't directly affect the heart, AFAIK, although they can slow it down due to respiratory and/or circulatory depression at higher doses.

I normally have blood pressure 12.5-6.5 and after taking 30mg codeine I get 10.5-6

It's one of my hobbies to measure blood pressures haha:

Normal: 12.5-6.5
Codeine: 10.5-6
Dexedrine: 14-7.2
Adderall: 15.5-8
Xanax: 12-6

I normally have blood pressure 12.5-6.5 and after taking 30mg codeine I get 10.5-6

It's one of my hobbies to measure blood pressures haha:

Normal: 12.5-6.5
Codeine: 10.5-6
Dexedrine: 14-7.2
Adderall: 15.5-8
Xanax: 12-6

interesting :) Wonder how normal and being on ketamine would compare.

OP I think this thread (asking for a list of every single drug...there are a lot... that has minimal effect on your heart) is too general to generate any meaningful discussion. Pretty much anything that can be classified as a drug is going to have some action whether direct or indirect on your heart or circulatory system, and determining what is considered 'negative' is ambiguous in that someone suffering from hypotension is not going to want to have their blood pressure drop slightly by consuming benzos. Finally you add the disclaimer "if used sensibly" which to me seems counter-intuitive to the point of your thread as it only makes sense to consume amounts of drugs which aren't harmful to your heart.

If you want to refine your question to focus on a specific drug or specific group of drugs and their action on the heart and circulatory system feel free to post again.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.