• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 1st time IV dope, strange experience

NewJerseyChill

Bluelighter
okay so a few days ago me and my friend decided to IV dope. he was fine and im assuming didnt feel the initial 15 min rush everyone talks about. I on the other hand, after IVing like less than a bag felt very uncomfortable, verge of puking, i saw like groups of different bright colors, now and then id see a lining of purple/green silhouette of my iris. i was also sweating profusely...this all lasted for about 15 min. after i weathered the storm i was pretty doped up though...im just curious to know what the reason for this was. any kind of feedback is appreciated!

Prob was cut with some nasty stuff. and rushes dont last 15 minutes, more like a minute or so. Sometimes when i do a big shot or just normal with quality d the rush makes me feel like im gonna puke, and im some cases i have, but i actually love that. I feel like the more u feel like your gonna puke the harder the high is gonna be and thats how i judge the quality. I LOVE IT. You get that puke feelin then all of a sudden it goes away and you get the warm wave feeling all over. OH GOD?!? I WANT SOME HEHE

yeah, the first 2 times I shot dope I went all cross-eyed and puked like 6 times. just laid in bed, wishing it would go away so I could be sober enough to drive

then over time I learned to love that feeling, and chased those first few highs for years

sounds like a bout of cotton fever to me, wash your hands before and after you inject and especially before rolling your cotton, if you remembered or knew to use one. read over the safer injection megathreads and links and arm yourself with the knowledge to propely harm yourself

The heroin rush can be kind of frightening to someone who has never experienced that kind of high before. And it can trigger anxiety or panic attacks.
Throwing up is also a pretty normal thing for opiate naive people - even experienced heroin addicts can throw up of the rush being too awesome.

But all in all you should also feel the really euphoric high and you can't miss it so if you didn't feel any good its either to small of a dose or shitty dope (cut with nasties) or cotton fever as said.

Just thought of this: Ok so if anyone has experienced this comment. So after being off the D for a long while (rehab/moving back to the burgh) the first time I copped i went with my buddy and he said they were amazing. So i threw down some big bucks on them, gave my buddy a couple and he was lit. I did them and what do u know, did not feel the high or the rush at all. Felt all weird like u feel when ur really tired but awake, kinda like ur dreaming in real life. Then id just puke, non stop, like i just did some FIRE but i didnt get the high. I always equated it to maybe myself being allergic to the cut, as this only happened with that brow D from my area, never wit the white flaky shit. My 2 cents..