• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc feels like I'm on 2 bars of Xanax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marauder

Bluelighter
Woke up now at 6 AM and I feel fan fraking tastic. HOLY SHIT.

I was in bed for 30 mins wondering wtf I ingested. hmm!

I just had sex before bed, but I didn't cum.. what the hell did I take?

oh yeah! Effexor 37.5g! That's why I couldn't come! and now I feel like a million bucks.

Super calm, super relaxed, almost too calm to move.

Need a cig. No PAPER!!

wait my wife bought a pack. Nice!!

Has pharmacology come this far? Might as well have given me a low dose of mdma/methylone because that's exactly how I feel.

this is life without anxiety? shit is nuts!

Psychopharmacology at its foremost, all that separates what is legal and what is not are socially dictated pragmas and its stigmas. Effexor is used to generalized anxiety due to its anxiolilic effects and you can thanks its serotonigeric effects for not cumming..lol

Are you prescribed Effexor? From the way you make it sound, you just took this on a random occasion, to which I say that is placebo. SSRIs, SNRIS, DRNIs etc. do not kick in over night. Some of the side effects, such as prolonged ejaculation may be true, but the Effexor surely hasn't had enough time to take effect on your personality, and make you "feel like a million bucks." You most likely got yourself psyched out about taking it, EXPECTING it to do these wonderful things. That placebo coupled with having sex with your wife last night is more than likely what is responsible for your sense of happiness, and who wouldn't have their anxiety relieved from good sex? It is very good for reducing stress, anxiousness, anxiety etc. and very healthy for you. So that right there would be why you're feeling good this morning, not some miracle sent from one night of using Effexor 8)

oh yeah! Effexor 37.5gThat's why I couldn't come! and now I feel like a million bucks.
You sound like a representative for Effexor. Also, I guarantee you that you DID NOT take 37.5 GRAMS. 37.5mg, yes ;) That dose is also incredibly small, and very difficult to believe for all these miracle effects. I would think you'd need a decent dose of the miracle drug, atleast what people take therapeutically everyday in order for its magic to have effect =D

Has pharmacology come this far? Might as well have given me a low dose of mdma/methylone because that's exactly how I feel.
Man, you must have had some horrible MDMA in your life if you think Effexor would be as good as low dose MDMA. Not experienced with Methylone, but I bet it is still a million times better than the mainstream shitty anti depressants being shoved down our throats :p

This thread is self serving and belongs in your blog.

/assholemood

Last edited:
Effexor doesn't tend to make ya feel like a million bucks either, although it can definitely prevent you from feeling like a train-squashed penny ;).

But who knows, it's possible that just the serotonin boost (which is likely immediate) can feel good... it's the disappearance of depression that takes time w/antidepressants. Their effects on serotonin happen right away, AFAIK.

Effexor doesn't tend to make ya feel like a million bucks either, although it can definitely prevent you from feeling like a train-squashed penny ;).

But who knows, it's possible that just the serotonin boost (which is likely immediate) can feel good... it's the disappearance of depression that takes time w/antidepressants. Their effects on serotonin happen right away, AFAIK.
No, this is an impossibility. It is NOT a serotonin releasing agent, like say MDMA, which it would need to be immediate. What it does is prevent the reuptake of serotonin (and norepinephrine in this case as well) but does not release any. It blocks the enzymes which are responsible for picking up or "reuptaking" the serotonin in the brain that has not binded to a receptor. This process is extremely slow, and takes time, because you're changing the chemistry of the brain essentially. This thread, and Effexor being a miracle drug is nonsense.

Reuptake inhibition is immediate, afaik, and it's the effects on depression that take time to manifest. I could be mistaken, of course, but many stimulants are dopamine reuptake inhibitors (such as cocaine) and to say their effects are immediate would be an understatement (try injecting or smoking it).

Although not the most diplomatic delivery ;) cyrax is correct on all accounts. Venlafaxine is not recreational, won't produce ANY substantial effects acutely and this isn't appropriate for OD. If you'd like to make a trip report, check out the Trip Reports forum and format it as they instruct. The other option is your BL Blog accessible via the User CP.

PM me if you have any questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.