Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Official - Newbie Q&A Thread

JayJ

Bluelighter
;) Thread High-Jacked ;)
OK, let's go all the newbies -- this is now the official Newbie Q&A Thread: Here is your chance to ask questions about stuff that you can't seem to locate on the search machine... but... be prepared to be instructed on the effective use of the BL Search to help you find what you're looking for.
BigTrancer :)
Take it away JayJ...

-------------------------------------------------
I've only been in the scene for the past couple of months. im interested in the general public opinion regarding a couple of issues;
The effect of eating a meal before droppin pills.
vitamin c & orange juice before taking a pill.
and does ural or sodium bicarbonate really prolong the effects of mdma?
JayJ
[ 17 September 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Welcome to our informative but slightly jaded community JayJ. :)
All your questions are pretty standard, and it's good that you asked them, but we have a search function (top right corner) and it usually will find everything you need. Also, read the forum guidelines, as it helps this place run smoothly. :)
That said.
Question 1 - I know it's here somewhere, but I can't find anything...anyone else?
Question 2 - Orange Juice and E??
Vitamins and XTC
Question 3 - Trick for maximising MDMA absorption
Also, the FAQ section has heaps of info summerised nicely. Most noteably Deep fantastic post here.
Anyway, hope this helps you, I figured i'd get in first before you were raped by the mods ;)

From memory eating a big meal right before you drop will stretch out your roll since your stomach is full of food so the rate of digestion is slowed down.
But don't quote me on that.

I always try to have a big meal about 8 hours before I drop, then a smaller one about 2 hours before.
I do this cos I don't want to feel full when I'm rolling, but I also know that I usually wont be eating again for a few days :)
That said, vitamins the next day always help as well.

As far as eatign is concerned... having a full stomach will cause any pill you drop to be digested slower so it will take ALOT longer to come on, i've seen alot of noobs drop a second one waiting for their first to come on and then 2 hours later they cant move or talk properly. Also, the only way it will make your roll last longer is because you digest it slower, this basicly means your brain gets smaller doses over a longer period of time rather than one big dose all at once. This translates to missing out on the sudden rush that hits when you first come up, youre likely to not notice youre coming up at all then turn around and suddenly find yourself peaking.
Vitamins: Vitamin C and vitamin B6 are essential to an effective digestive system. without them your body will take longer to digest the pill and the longer it sits in your stomach the more chance that part of it will be broken down into something other than MDMA before it enters your blood stream and thus lower the dosage your brain recieves. This is why people say drinking OJ helps.

I always try to have a big meal about 8 hours before I drop, then a smaller one about 2 hours before.
I do this cos I don't want to feel full when I'm rolling, but I also know that I usually wont be eating again for a few days
That said, vitamins the next day always help as well.
Any and all vitamins should be taken with food, it says so on the label!

^ Thanks to you all for all the helpful replies! Need I say more?

It was 4AM at the (not naming venues) BIG Party... the 1st pill was starting to wear off... so I wandered off to buy a chicken baguette with a friend. Dont ASK me how I managed to eat it.. it may have taken half an hour, but I got through half of it. Then, I dropped my second pill (Same type). FLOORED ME! came on very fast, was walking back to the dancefloor when It hit, had to grab friends for support, could hardly walk. However the peak was very hard and fast... ready to go home soon after. So there ya go!

OK Let's Go: This thread is now the official
NEWBIE Q&A thread.
** For all you newbies who want to ask something that seems like it should be obvious, or that you think would have been discussed here before, but you can't find in the search engine **
Feel free to ask anything, but be prepared to be instructed on the effective use of the search engine to find what you're looking for...
There's been so many common questions answered really well with links from our regulars, that I think it's a good link repository.
EDIT: Thread title changed to reflect this.

I guess then at this point someone should provide a link to the Drug Basics forum. In there you can ask what you want without fear of getting flamed. However there's lots of smelly forigners there, so if you want a good ol' Aussie answer then by all means use this thread... :D

I have done a search but i didn't find what i was lookin for, so if its been asked i apologise.
My question is probably a simple one, but is every weekend too much, I read alot in this forum where people do it like once every month or 6 weeks, and get the feelin that once a week is excessive

I can't say I've ever met anyone who has done it every weekend for a consiberable period of time and still been a happy human. Everybody seems to go thru a stage of caining it hard, but for most people it quickly becomes apparent that the good is being outweighed by the bad, and there are very few days in the week where you actually feel "normal".
It was often thought, and said by a few authorities, that it takes two weeks for the brain to balance the serotonin levels after MDMA use. There has been no real studies into this, but anecdotal reports seem to confirm it. All I can say is that if you are doing it every weekend, and haven't had any problems yet it is only a matter of time. Seen far too many people go down that path...

^^ Well said johnboy.
Once you're dropping on a weekly basis, it's only a matter of time before you encounter problems as a result. Be it depression, lack of money, liver/kidney problems or otherwise, something is going to happen...

Is there a site, like pillreport, for trips or acid, that shows how heavy (or light) the trip is???

No, there isn't an actual site - you can start a thread about specific acid in this forum though.
Just include the following in the title: "(City) - Acid info request - (Type of acid)", and in the body of the post give as much detail as you can - description of the pattern, colour, etc...
Very similar to a pill info request, cept for acid! :)

I might be able to get hold of some chalk(pressed MDMA crystals) and just need some ideas about where to get some scales from or what are other methods of measuring it.
Cheers
[ 05 November 2002: Message edited by: JayJ ]

lol, chalk huh?
As a rule, don't say stuff like "i just bought some" or "i just got a hold of"
And slang terms like "chalk" are sort of frowned upon on bluelight, mainly because it spreads misinformation and can cause problems when people don't know what they are taking.
That said, your local bong/head shop will sell scales, little "pocket" ones, I have nfi how to use them, but they're pretty cheap (around 5-10 bucks).
Hope this helps. :p