• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is this dangerous? (5g of acetaminophen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm0kedgrass420

Greenlighter
Okay so around 2:30 i took 6 percocet 5/325s totaling 1950 mg of acetaminophen and about an hour and 15 minutes later (3:45 am) i took 3 more totaling 2925 mg of acetaminophen. is this dangerous and can it kill me?

yikes! i would go to the hospital.
they can give you an antidote to the acetaminophen, keeping your liver happy

Sounds like that would make you kinda sick. I took 36 750mg vicodin once, and 6 hours later, after some INTENSE sleep paralysis, I found myself puking my stomach up... hurt. But I went back to bed and woke up fine.

After some research, I discovered it was because of the acetaminophen that I was so sick.

5g of acetaminophen is over the 24 hour limit, and definitely more than you should take in an acute dose. The safest thing to do is get treated at a hospital with n-acetyl-cysteine.

Overdosing on acetaminophen causes liver damage and, depending on the severity, liver failure. Its not something to take lightly.

Sounds like that would make you kinda sick. I took 36 750mg vicodin once, and 6 hours later, after some INTENSE sleep paralysis, I found myself puking my stomach up... hurt. But I went back to bed and woke up fine.

After some research, I discovered it was because of the acetaminophen that I was so sick.

holy crap. i took 9 total percocet 5s, so hopefully ill be ok. you kno the saying, better safe than sorry, so i was just checking.

Acetaminophen is actually quite easy on the stomach. Opioids regularly cause nausea, so that is likely what made you feel so sick.

And just for the record, that dose (27g) FAR exceeds the median dose that causes fulminant hepatic failure and subsequent death, so count yourself extremely lucky there.

No its not the guidelines for APAP or acetaminiphen daily dosage is 3 grams daily. The liver toxicity dosage starts at 6 grams but can be higher depending on liver function, enzyme levels..pretty much individual physiology. In my experience, before I was knowledgable about pharmokinetics I took about 30 vicodin in one day...Without any repercussions, something that is NOT RECOMENDED as it can cause liver failure and/ or a raise in liver enzymes leading to jaundice which can cause liver damage and then failure.

holy crap. i took 9 total percocet 5s, so hopefully ill be ok. you kno the saying, better safe than sorry, so i was just checking.

You'll be fine. You did take quite a bit but I bet nearly everyone on this board has taken 3g's of APAP in their day, and some with frequency until they realized what they were doing. Shit, I'd be bet more than a few were taking more than 5g's of APAP! I know I have a few times and I know for a fact my liver is ok.

Having said that, it'd be good to not do it again. Repeatedly doing that will really stress the liver and your luck might run out sometime. Perc 5/325 are easy to do a CWE on. Next time, be nice to your liver and whip up a nice little batch of "perc-o-water" to sip on. (that's a batch of CWE'd in case that wasn't obvious.)

Some Good Advice :)

Okay so around 2:30 i took 6 percocet 5/325s totaling 1950 mg of acetaminophen and about an hour and 15 minutes later (3:45 am) i took 3 more totaling 2925 mg of acetaminophen. is this dangerous and can it kill me?

if you are taking alot per day it would not hurt to go get yourself Milk Thistle caps at the health food store.. it helps rebuild damaged liver and cleanses it...that will at least prevent some of the effects of acetaminophen. Also, take a break for about a week. It will naturally lower your tolerance levels so you will not have to take so much to get what you are looking for. The first day/night is the hardest so plan that for when you are not scheduled to work the next day.
DRINK A LOT OF WATER is Number 1!
good luck, happy trails.

Last edited:

Isn't that only 3 grams of acetaminophen or did I read that wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.