• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tylenol question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorNinja

Bluelighter
I CWE twice a day and the total APAP intake is 50mg. My question is, can I have any problems from taking 50mg APAP daily, 365 days a year?

Assuming no prior liver conditions, that dosage is absolutely safe. Tylenol can be used daily in far larger doses, many people take it daily for minor pains, despite it being one of the shittier OTC pain meds, but that is a different story. Generally it is dangerous to exceed 4 grams of Tylenol intake in any particular day, so if you ever get lazy and don't CWE, I thought I'd share that with you. 50mg of Tylenol daily for a long period of time poses no issue, a much larger dose daily wouldn't even be an issue, assuming no prior liver condition.

Solubility of APAP is 10mg/ml so that means you are only using 2.5ml of water per extraction if you do it twice a day?

I would be more concerned about the amount of codeine / opiate extract you are regularly consuming....

Daily opiate use will quickly develop into a habit, one that will grow very fast, as your tolerance will develop very quick. You're very early into this, and can stop, hop off the train while you can, before serious addiction. Most people who developed horrible addictions started off on low dose, low potency opiates. Just some words of widsom my friend...

^Words of wisdom indeed.

I myself would be much, much less worried about the amount of Tylenol you're consuming daily vs the amount of codeine you're consuming.

Daily opiate use will quickly develop into a habit, one that will grow very fast, as your tolerance will develop very quick. You're very early into this, and can stop, hop off the train while you can, before serious addiction. Most people who developed horrible addictions started off on low dose, low potency opiates. Just some words of widsom my friend...

I take to feel normal, not to get high. Been taking 60mg daily for a while now. Yes, tolerance has developed since the initial buzz went away a long time ago but I never chased it. I just feel like shit when I wake up in the morning and need something to make me feel good so that I can work and not just walk around like a zombie. Coffee and dexedrine only give me a headache and increase the ''shityness'' feeling.
Feeling shitty in the morning is not related to drug use, I felt shitty ever since I'm born, until the day I took drugs and started feeling like other people, alive and energetic, and not some sad looking tired zombie.

The FDA maintains the safety of taking 4 grams daily (in 4 single gram doses) and even cautious doctors are generally comfortable advising patients to take 2-3 grams a day. I can't imagine ANY damage from taking 50-100mg a day.

I take to feel normal, not to get high. Been taking 60mg daily for a while now. Yes, tolerance has developed since the initial buzz went away a long time ago but I never chased it. I just feel like shit when I wake up in the morning and need something to make me feel good so that I can work and not just walk around like a zombie. Coffee and dexedrine only give me a headache and increase the ''shityness'' feeling.
Feeling shitty in the morning is not related to drug use, I felt shitty ever since I'm born, until the day I took drugs and started feeling like other people, alive and energetic, and not some sad looking tired zombie.
Saying you take it to feel normal, and not to feel high is a good sign you're on the road to a serious addiction. Why? You're self medicating, which is one of the prime reasons people fall into addiction. I also self medicated, so I am very knowledgeable about this issue. I self medicated my depression and back pain, and I like you, was not out to get "high." I never did enormous doses, I did it for confidence and to lift my depression, and yet my habit still grew. See what makes you feel "normal," will eventually have no effect on you at all. For some people it takes longer than others, but one thing is guaranteed, you WILL have to increase your dosages for the same effects, how long that takes depends on your body. I too was a zombie and unhappy in my life, so I understand your feelings pal. What you need to realize is that using opiates is not treating your problem, it's putting a band aid on it at best, a band aid that becomes unstuck very quickly. Now with opiate addiction it's like the cut gets a little bigger everyday, and you must keep using a bigger bandaid, eventually it becomes quick the hassle, and in the way. Same thing with drug addiction, it starts off as something just to "give you that extra lift" or "fix _____ problem" but it will always wind up being a much bigger problem. Please man, seek some real help and get to the bottom of your problems. Those opiates won't fix your life, don't be like so many of us here who have seriously hurt our lives with opiate addictions, remember we all started off small time users like you are now brother. When I got to the root of my problems and kicked my addiction, it was the most difficult thing I've ever done, and for a while life was hell. But you know what? I came out of it after a while, and am not better than ever. I have a real happiness I can depend on, the cut healed, instead of me just putting a band aid over it. I hope you listen to these words, I guarantee you so many drug addicts will back me up on this one.

The FDA maintains the safety of taking 4 grams daily (in 4 single gram doses) and even cautious doctors are generally comfortable advising patients to take 2-3 grams a day. I can't imagine ANY damage from taking 50-100mg a day.

Thank you for your help sir :)

Saying you take it to feel normal, and not to feel high is a good sign you're on the road to a serious addiction. Why? You're self medicating, which is one of the prime reasons people fall into addiction. I also self medicated, so I am very knowledgeable about this issue. I self medicated my depression and back pain, and I like you, was not out to get "high." I never did enormous doses, I did it for confidence and to lift my depression, and yet my habit still grew. See what makes you feel "normal," will eventually have no effect on you at all. For some people it takes longer than others, but one thing is guaranteed, you WILL have to increase your dosages for the same effects, how long that takes depends on your body. I too was a zombie and unhappy in my life, so I understand your feelings pal. What you need to realize is that using opiates is not treating your problem, it's putting a band aid on it at best, a band aid that becomes unstuck very quickly. Now with opiate addiction it's like the cut gets a little bigger everyday, and you must keep using a bigger bandaid, eventually it becomes quick the hassle, and in the way. Same thing with drug addiction, it starts off as something just to "give you that extra lift" or "fix _____ problem" but it will always wind up being a much bigger problem. Please man, seek some real help and get to the bottom of your problems. Those opiates won't fix your life, don't be like so many of us here who have seriously hurt our lives with opiate addictions, remember we all started off small time users like you are now brother. When I got to the root of my problems and kicked my addiction, it was the most difficult thing I've ever done, and for a while life was hell. But you know what? I came out of it after a while, and am not better than ever. I have a real happiness I can depend on, the cut healed, instead of me just putting a band aid over it. I hope you listen to these words, I guarantee you so many drug addicts will back me up on this one.

Increasing the dose is out of the question. It's 30mg per dose or nothing at all. The dose does it's job after 5 years of use. It just works, period. Thanks but I don't think your advice applies for my case.

tyyyy

Increasing the dose is out of the question. It's 30mg per dose or nothing at all. The dose does it's job after 5 years of use. It just works, period. Thanks but I don't think your advice applies for my case.
You're self medicating, unhappy with yourself, and using drugs to escape and hide from your problems. My advice definitely applies to you, every person when they are on their way into addiction wants to believe that they are the exception. They always think they have their use and their habit under control, but it WILL spiral out of control with daily use. I am just trying to help you out man, because you're going down the slippery slope of addiction that so many of us have went down. If you want to continue to self medicate and not seek real help, I can't stop you.

^I fully understand what you're saying and you could be right, but even if you are if he's not ready to hear it then you aren't going to to convince him... furthermore, if you're wrong you're probably not going to convince him either!

I'm studying addiction counseling and I can appreciate what you've been through but while YOU were in total denial of having a problem would someone saying this shit to you on a message board have been some kind of magical revelation that shook you from years of delusion and shot you into a wonderful life of sober happiness? I apologize for the hyperbole but I think you get my point.

Since this has been answered and is derailing fast, I'm going to close it. If anyone would like to discuss this or request it be reopened, please feel free to private message me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.