• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine What are the facts about cocaine and sudden death/heart damage etc?

Harambulus

Greenlighter
What is some statistical data of these issues?

All I generally read this from is propaganda anti drug stuff and those fucking idiots on yahoo answers and the like "don't touch it that stuff will kill you instantly" Where do those conservative idiots crawl from anyway (oh yea, they are the majority of the population 8))?

So what is the basis for this scar tissue talk (i.e how much do you have to take to cause significant damage) plus the sudden death claim where any time you take it you are playing russian roullette with your life (what sort of odds are we talking here?)

Any other pertinent details related to the discussion.

Also are these heart issues any more pronounced than other similar stimulants if taken in reasonable doses- amphetamine, mdma etc?

Last edited:
I'll do a bit of research in terms of statistics and report back, but I do know that combining alcohol and cocaine is the #1 cause of death related to a drug combination (with acetaminophen and alcohol coming in second.)

Cocaine DOES carry more risk than many other stimulants, because in addition to stressing the heart (and the cardiovascular system as a whole) it is directly cardiotoxic. This combination of effects makes it excellent at inducing heart attacks in young, otherwise healthy individuals (and we're talking individuals in their early twenties and thirties here.)

Last edited:
Cheers.

Ye I'd be interested to hear guesstimated relative risk vs. other drugs/vs. other activities- walking the dog, bare knuckle fighting, extreme ironing and the like.