• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

poison fucking ivy

carolinablues

Greenlighter
i've never met anyone more allergic to posion ivy/oak/sumac than myself. i fucking hate it. honestly, i've got poison ivy rashes/blisters year round... even in the winter when there are no leaves on the vines. most people with this allergy get rashes, well i get blisters. nasty fucking blisters..

i've got a few methods and remedies i use to take care of it when it isn't a severe case (which when it is severe i visit the doc and get prednisone, a steroid). i normally just try to keep the skin as dry as possible using things like dish soap and hand sanitizer (alcohol) to keep the skin dry. also i try to run cold water or hold ice over the infected spots to keep it from producing more puss.

anyway, what sort of methods or remedies do you all use to take care of poison ivy rashes?

depends I think - pretty sure it can spread via the oils on the skin, or can go systemic.

When I used to get it, which'd be once a year w/o fail, I had no choice but prednisone (I think...some steroid). One year I just stopped getting it and have never had issue again, oddly enough. But when it was an issue, the 1st time I noticed I got a little, it was right to the phone to have my prednisone called in. The longer I waited, the more I became the marshmallow man lol!