• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Effects of 120mg of Crushed Embeda?

humanguineapig

Greenlighter
What's the most likely side effect of ingesting 120mg of crush embeda orally?

I'm a 22 year old male, 5'8'' average build. I've taken opioids before (i.e. valium, percocet, xanax, lortab) but it's been 4+ months since I've taken any opioid of any kind...

Could this cause me to OD? Isn't it hard to die if you have medical staff watching you?

BTW, I'm doing this for Lifetree clinical research study where I will be under constant surveillance.

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Basic dosing and effects questions belong in BDD.

OD >>> BDD

Sorry for mis-posting... This is my first time here...

I'm going to be taking the 120mg crushed embeda orally.. I think it's going to be in a flavored liquid solution...

I suppose that will mean the morphine sulfate will hit me almost immediately and all at once, with the Naloxone somewhat reducing the effects of the morphine... Or it could make me go through withdrawals while i'm on morphine?...

I've been reading everywhere that people shouldn't take 120mg of crushed embeda unless your an opioid-tolerant individual... (Like I said, I've taken opioids before but not for a long time and I don't think I've ever taken above a 40mg of lortab or percocet...)

I would appreciate anyone's knowledge and personal experience!

Sorry OP. I didn't realize Embeda was a morphine naltrexone preparation. It actually probably does belong in OD and not BDD. I'll get another mod to move it back but for now...

It's important to note that it is naltrexone and not naloxone which is in the antagonist core of the drug. Naloxone is short acting and not active taken orally while naltrexone is longer acting and oral dosing is viable.

Theoretically what will happen on taking the crushed pills is the morphine and naltrexone will both get absorbed into your blood stream at about the same rate and the naltrexone will outcompete the morphine at your opioid receptors (due to it's higher affinity) resulting in no significant symptoms at all.

If you took 120mg of uncrushed Embeda then the naltrexone core would pass through your body
untouched and if you were not opiate tolerant this would be an extremely high and dangerous dose (albeit the time release would minimize it somewhat). Since you are in a safe setting with a supervising doctor though, it is almost impossible to be in any bad situation as morphine overdose is easily treated with narcan.

edit:
I'm not sure about the ER mechanism and whether it is defeated by crushing/dissolving in solution and whether or not the naltrexone is designed to act throughout the high when crushed as well. In effect you might notice some high at the tail end of the experience?

Last edited:
If you are not hyper sensitive to morphine you will be fine. Morphine has a weak action when consumed orally. I would say it will be equal to 20-30mg of oxycodone in terms of euphoria, but much greater in terms of pain killing. The naltrexone in Embeda would throw you into precipitated withdrawals at worst (unlikely with no opiates in your system), at best the high will be so weak, equal to around 2 mg of oxycodone, you won't feel a thing. That drug is best used as a true painkiller unless you have a substantial amount. I have an opiate tolerance and I have taken mscontin without breaking them to achieve a high. It required over 300mg of the drug to catch even a small buzz.

This would be extremely dangerous for you to attempt with no tolerance. You may just want to take them as is and see if you can achieve atleast a small affect for a long duration.

P.S. Naltrexone does not affect everyone equally, you may be able to crush them and use, but do not count on it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys!!

Amapola - From what I've read when you crush the Embeda and take it orally the Naltrexone is immediately dissolved in your bloodstream and isn't time released.

This is also true with the morphine sulfate in the Embeda... Therefore I would be getting 120mg of morphine sulfate all at once...

"This would be extremely dangerous for you to attempt with no tolerance. You may just want to take them as is and see if you can achieve atleast a small affect for a long duration." Codones

When you say "no tolerance" do you mean a built up tolerance for morphine, similar to alcohol or weed? Or are you saying an inherent tolerance, and/or know how opioids effect you from memory and past experience?

Because I can tell you that if its the prior, I have no tolerance... And I have to crush them... I'm doing this for a study to make $2550... (Got a lot of debt...) Thus my username...

Wish me luck...

An inherent tolerance or a prior opioid tolerance. They will have medical staff on hand. You will be fine.

I think that they are doing the study to see just how "abuse proof" this medication is. There is a warning on the prescription to not crush it, because the naltrexone will be released, which can put you into precipitated withdrawal if you have any opiates in your system already. Others have said that the dose of naltrexone is too low to have an effect, especially an oral dose of it. I guess you will find out.

I wonder what type of people this is being marketed to. If your giving somone morphine, your giving them morphine. I dont get the point of doing all this other shit. People are going to get high one way or another.

Last time I looked there weren't to many 70 year olds abusing there mscontin scripts. So what's the point of this? To have a morphine preparation to prescribe to "opiate abusers"

^It's ER morphine so they are trying to make it so you can't break the ER by crushing it or you ruin the pill. Tamper resistant for the general population if you will. Like the OP oxycodone formulation eh. Arguably even more effective as you can shoot gunky OPs into your vein if you want and still get a high while this will theoretically ruin all the drug the second you crush it unless you chemically extract the naltrexone.

Are the individual beads morphine/naltrexone? Or are there beads of morphine, and beads of naltrexone? How does this thing work?

From my extremely brief reading on the subject it's a morphine pill with naltrexone inside some sort of sealed beads within it. If taken properly the morphine dissolves steadily over a period of time resulting in sustained time release and the naltrexone sealed beads pass through your system without being broken down. The naltrexone therefore not entering your bloodstream and having no effect. If you manually crush the pills to break up the morphine you'll invariably break through the protective shell protecting the naltrexone thereby allowing it to be absorbed.

If the pill has a "core" couldn't you grind/ flake off the outer layers until you were close-ish to the core and just eat that or save it or whatever you want to do, and then eat/ snort/ shoot the finely ground pill?

This seems like a bad design to me.

oral would be the best option since the intestinal bioavalability of naltrexone is negligable in the villi of the human digestive system. Actually it will assist you with the constipation side effect of chronic opioid administration. In australia, a similar composition (agonist/antagonist) is used for chronic pain patients that have severe problems with constipation. Insulfation wouldn't be my choice since naltrexone has a long half life and will most likely over power your morphine. Although im speaking from science and pharmokinetics. Have no experience with embeda as its a new medication. Although its a curious concoction made to deter IV users

If the pill has a "core" couldn't you grind/ flake off the outer layers until you were close-ish to the core and just eat that or save it or whatever you want to do, and then eat/ snort/ shoot the finely ground pill?

This seems like a bad design to me.

Each capsule has a lot of little beads in it, so this really wouldn't work. I had the 30mg capsules, so it would not have been reasonable to do that to that many beads, given the amount I would have to take (~240mg). The beads are really tiny, so you can barely hold in between your finger nails.

Holy shit man don't crush embedia. You will go into prec. withdrawals.
I just threw my script away and got 60 4mg dilaudid.

edited cause mad and man are two different words.

My dr. told me this morning they have taken it off the market. I donno.

^ Yea, I was just on its website and it said they took it off the market.