Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Shameless (Showtime)

axl blaze

Bluelighter
I've been recently enamored with the Showtime program called Shameless

Shameless is essentially about a perpetually drunk father (William H. Macy) and his many children getting by in the projects of South Side Chicago without a dad around... usually this show gets fairly outrageous

it has many great things going for it. lots of sex, violence, and drugs which we all know equates to solid modern television programming. also it was based on a British version which we all know means that the version across the pond is more steamier and entertaining... but Shameless (US) gets by on its own accord and doesn't fail to delight the palate of the usual Bluelighter

I am eagerly awaiting the season finale!

thoughts??

Love love love this show! I can't wait for the finale this Sunday!

I quite enjoy this, it's been years since i've gotten into a TV show again.. but since Shameless deals with so much raw material i can't help but feel drawn in.

Where i feel it succeeds opposed to other shows is, it focus's on the situation in play, and doesn't get caught up in bullshit drama between characters.

i love this show, i stumbled upon it when looking up some new popular stuff... im happy i did.

just another dysfunctional to enjoy!

let me reiterate for my fellow American viewers on the fence - this show has William H. Macy as the lead character and lead drunk

110228shameless-william-h-macy1.jpg

as per usual, it's solid acting from Macy. to see him go on drunk rampages through Chicago just as convincing as a true homeless man on the more grimy sections of the Midwestern USA - is worth the hour-long show

I LOVE this show! A family(or something like it) trying to make it in the tough world we live in. Never fails to make me laugh.

This is probably my favorite show on television right now. The characters are so well developed, and its genuinely entertaining. I had a hunch this would be good, because anything with William H. Macy usually is.

Plus the girl that plays Fiona is absolutely smoking hot! :D

I agree! and Emily Rossum (Fiona) has thrown in some powerful performances throughout this first season, and there are some talks about how she is up for some award nominations

as for myself, I thought her most powerful performance was when she was trying on dresses in her bedroom, with the thorough guidance of Amy Smart!!

NSFW:
images

NSFW pic due to boobies!!

It's scene's like the one mentioned above, that make me enjoy this show.. the way it's so casual, there's no silly emphasis on the fact that she's topless.. it keeps focus on the situation.. which for me encourages the 'real/raw' feel the show is trying to portray.

Just watched the finale, season 1 was awesome. :)

there's a really nice TV guide website that I use... search "ice films" and they have many of the episode descriptions up ;)

how about that season finale? it was rather obvious, to me, that she wouldn't be partaking in the offer. still very solid and very hilarious

It is a remake of a British programme that has been on for years, it is annoying when americans do that! it is a good programme though.

^^ Suppose its good for the UK economy though, been a few now - The Office, BGT, X Factor, PoP Idol.

but since Shameless deals with so much raw material i can't help but feel drawn in.

Raw? It's about as scripted as a stage play. All of the plots are based around the family's need to survive another catastrophe by miraculously pulling off complicated schemes concocted over idle banter. They live so unbelievably fast that the show feels like staring at the caricatures in the new yorker riding a subway train while tripping on acid.

Haha fair enough.

I suppose the difference i noticed is it doesn't appear as 'censored' with subject matter in comparison to other shows.

I've been recently enamored with the Showtime program called Shameless

Shameless is essentially about a perpetually drunk father (William H. Macy) and his many children getting by in the projects of South Side Chicago without a dad around... usually this show gets fairly outrageous

it has many great things going for it. lots of sex, violence, and drugs which we all know equates to solid modern television programming. also it was based on a British version which we all know means that the version across the pond is more steamier and entertaining... but Shameless (US) gets by on its own accord and doesn't fail to delight the palate of the usual Bluelighter

I am eagerly awaiting the season finale!

thoughts??

we're never taking your advice again! less than 10 minutes in and we had to shut it off, what a terrible waste of time axl. we didn't even make it through the first episode. you're failing showtime, you're failing.

it might be a bit fluffy and exploitative, but I like these things

it was a very fun show for me to watch, I dunno. I guess it might not be for all. the show is even better for people who are familiar with the great city of Chicago