Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What did they slip him???

Backo

Bluelighter
A friend from uni said that on the weekend her boyfriend was up all night enduring hot/cold sweats and vomiting. The guy was drinking at a bar in SYdney (she forgot the name) and didnt have anything else but beer (she says 2-3 more like 5-6). They rang the pub they were at and were told that they had similar complaints with some other people. So im getting that whatever it was, it must have been tasteless... so i was just wondering what kind of shit do some losers put in peoples drinks which cannot be tasted? and how bad are they for you in general.
[ 13 August 2002: Message edited by: Backo ]

why suspect it was someone putting something in drinks? couldn't it have just been poor hygiene by the pub? i've heard that beer tap lines can get some nasty things in them if they aren't properly looked after...

Yep, that's what instantly sprung to mind as well... I mean, c'mon.
Enclosed environment + many people + 1 sick person = many sick people.
Airborne sicknesses still exist, and it'd be so easy to pick up an illness from a nightclub/bar.

^^^ but more than that, what was described is the classic symptoms of some sort of food poisoning.

Yeah u are probably right... but he was fine the next day and he was out drinking with heaps of his work mates and nothing happened to them...
i know it is jumping to conclusions to say that someone would slip him something but yeah... i hadnt thought about the taps idea but then again as i said he was out with heaps of his works mates... good thing to remember though next time im out
oh and before everyone starts ripping me about these tasteless substances (didnt like how i wrote that one in the first post) I had thought of food poisoning but i thought that layed u out for dayz... I know it was a long shot to believe that someone added something to his drink but yeah i didnt think it was food poisoning.. and couldnt think of anything other than that which would result in those symptoms
but i can understand that if someone slipped them something, what benefit do they get when all the vomiting and stuff would happen hours later... which they wouldnt see
but yeah thanks for your interest guys. I'll pass your ideas on :)
[ 13 August 2002: Message edited by: Backo ]

Have you notified the NSW Health Dept? It does sound like food poisoning, and the fact that the staff at the pub said they had other complaints is pretty shonky. I would strongly encourage you or your friend to contact the Health Dept, so they can check out the pub for hygiene standards, do testing etc. There are different types of bacteria that cause food poisoning, and they cause different problems, for a summary see here.

mate.....i used to work in pubs...the same happened to me......they didn't correctly flush with water their beer lines after cleaning.
those tastless alkline solutions will always get ya!

I have been sick over night from a small food poisoning incident and been fine the next day.
Sounds to me the pub didn't clean up properly.
I dont think anything was slipped in anywhere by anyone.....
Unless some rich mad-man is getting his kicks by spending up on drugs and placing them in everyone's drinks just to laugh at the chaos he has created.
BWAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA

Yeah :)
his girlfriend was a little paranoid so i thought that i would ask for her.
thanx... i knew u guys would give me a better explanation..

A friend of mine did have something slipped in his drink one night while out, and it was far worse than the symptons described, he was rushed to hospital semi-conscious after 2 beers.
As said above, sounds like food poisoining, not something slipped in the drink. Ropyhnol or whatever else gets slipped in drinks doesn't generally tend to have that effect.

I'm going with what lorrett said, as I've heard stories of pipelines not being flushed out after cleaning & people experiencing fevers and/or vomiting as a result of drinking the remaining cleaning fluid with their beer.
Did your friend get any tests done on his urine/blood over the few days afterwards? That'd be the easiest way to find out...
:\

Nah it was a few dayz ago now and i think he really didnt care after he woke up and was all fine again... but yeah i only asked cause there was some interest in it from their POV... ill tell them though to ring around about the pipes and stuff and leavc it to them to decide what they wanna do... i only wrote the post cause i was interested in what may have been the cause. As i said before it wasnt likely that someone spiked his drink but i didnt think of the taps issue... again cheers to everyone
Backo

Yer BFB, what kind of sick fuck would leave drugs lying around so that the world around him would turn to chaos?

Also you dont necessarily need to be pointing the finger at the pub or at the beer taps. It could also be something as simple as forgetting to wash hands after going to the toilets or a healthy smear of *insert nasty microbe name here* on the bar.

I have had food poisoning once and I was tripping, seeing things and throwing up, was very unpleasant. Most likely iy would have been that if there was a few people that got it.