Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What the **** was it laced with ??

goatyoghurt

Bluelighter
Ok, I'm 18, from Sydney, fairly regular pot smoker, do pills occasionally, done speed a couple of times.
On the weekend me and 3 friends H,Y and M decided to spend the night in my garage just chilling out and smoking. I pulled out the rest of the gear that H and I (mainly I) had smoked on the previous weekend (we got it from our usual dealer). I had 3 cones then, and he had 1 or 2 and I ended up getting really freaked out, and thought, I was seeing shit (H turned into a Simpsons character, and Y who was also with us turned into a laughing hyena) I was extremely paranoid, and me sense of depth perception was totally fucked. Anyway back to this weekend.
I pulled out the weed which was already chopped up and we all started smoking out of our home made bong. It hit Y after the first cone, his eyes were all bloodshot and he was in hysterics about the fact that he thought he was crying,but couldn't feel any tears on his face.
This didn't really surprise us, as Y is the one in our circle of friends who has the least experience with drugs, and the lowest tolerance for anything, even alcohol.
We kept smoking, and Y dropped out after his second cone, what surprise me was that H soon burst out laughing, saying he had the same feeling as Y about the tears.
At this point we're all feeling happy, and are laughing at anything and everything, H, M and I continue smoking until H and I had 6 cones each, and M had 5. This is when things got freaky. I noticed the concrete floor of my garage was bouncing intensely, as if it were the inside of some huge speaker, then my legs started twitching, and I couldn't control them at all.
Then, we all simultaneously heard a noise outside, and we all freaked, thinking it was my parents coming outside. We all frantically hid the two or so cones worth of pot that we had left, and then tried to conceal the fact that we were totally fucked off our brains. All of us took turns, trying to sit still on the couch, then trying to randomly start some "normal" conversation with the idea that my parents were at the window watching us. I looked at the time, and 45 minutes had passed before we found out that my parents weren't out there ( I don't know if this was actually what happened, in reality, I think we just forgot about the fact that my parents existed at all).
At this point things got really bad, we were all up out of our seats, I don't know what we were doing, but we were still extremely paranoid about any tiny noise. This is when H started repeating "I'm fucking carzy" and then went on to say that "You guys are fucked, you're all in slow motion..... I'm in the Matrix!!" H then proceeded to lean backwards, dodging bullets moving in slow motion, Keanu Reeves style (it's actually quite hilarious when I think about it now) ubt it was anything but funny at the time, so I went behind him and caught him, I knew if I hadn't then he would have landed flat on his back.
He then started freaking out hard, and saying that he needed to get out of here, but I told him to calm down, it was only the pot that was making him scared. He sat down next to me, and I was in between him and M, Y was sitting on another chair next to M.
Then, out of nowhere, M, started shaking really violently, I mean physically restraining him was more that a challenge. His eyes, which were the colour of roses in full bloom, literally rolled into the back of ihs skill, I could only see the whits (or reds) of his eyes. Tears started rolling down his face, and he was mumbling, more like whimpering incoherently like a child, while all this was happening he was still shaking like someone having an epileptic fit.
I didn't know what to do, I placed my hand over his eyes and started repeating his name over and over teling im to calm down. I grabbed his hand, and he squeezed it so tightly that when I woke up the next day it was still throbbing. I kept saying things like, "you're safe, relax", and then I started saying "You have noting to be scaredof, you're with yor friends", and then repeating "we love you, we love you" I kept doing this for about 10 minutes, and I got H and Y to say it with me. At one point I removed my hand from his eyes for less than a second, and he started shreiking like an animal that was in pain, Iput my hand back, and abou 15 to 20 minutes later, he was relatively calm.
We were fucked, H and I sarted discussing what the fuck just happened, M and Y were basically asleep so they didn;t join in the conversation. We came to the conclusion that the weed HAD to be laced with something. I thought, after reading many trip reports here at bluelight, that it had to be acid or mushshrooms, while H was of the opinion that it was angel dust. Looking back I think he was right.
After a period of time, it could have been 20 minutes, it could have been two hours, H decided to walk home, I protested, but he insisted that he would be ok, then he said goodbye to us and left. M and Y were basically asleep, I tried o keep them up but could't but I knew that Y had work early the next day, so I woke both of them up (with a lot of effort) at 1am. They left and I went inside, and ate basically every scrap of junk food in the house. I stayed awake for another three and a al hours (I think) before I went to bed.
The next day I remembered that Y's face had turned in to the Cheshire cat, than after a period of time the Grinch, but I can't place these visuals on a timeline of the night.
I had a good discussion with H, and he old me that I also throughout the night would be looking into space, then all of a sudden, snap back, covering my face, as if being hit, he told me I did this last weekend as well, but I honestly have no memory of it. He also remarked how I had a genuine look of fear in my eyes, and that I was close to tears.
If anyone has any ideas of what the fuck that pot was laced with (or if this was actually the first time we had good shit) then it would be really appreciated because I'm really freaked out by M's panic attack/seizure/whatever, and I really don't think it was straight pot.
Thanks for taking the time to read this guys, I hope I hear from ya :)

Dude, you should post this in trip reports. It was a good read. Glad you ended up ok though.
I couldn't tell you what was in the pot. But you sounded like you were more then just stoned.

People often ask this question - "was my pot laced with...?". Logically speaking, it doesn't make economic sense for a DD to lace your pot with anything. Firstly, pot is cheaper than most other stuff, so why sell you something under it's value? Second, it is unclear whether smoking mushrooms is effective (see Smoking Magic Mushrooms), and AFAIK you can't smoke LSD.
More likely IMHO you got some potent pot, and the environment you were in (being in the garage, worried your parents would catch you), plus the reaction of your friend (the one who doesn't tolerate drugs very well) made you all freak out somewhat. Your friend probably did have a panic attack. The setting you are in has a big influence on the experience you get from most drugs.

Sorry, this is off the topic somewhat.... but I heard if you ate mouldy hash cookies, or brownies or whatever you'd hallucinate...t/f?
What about if you smoked mouldy mull?
[ 13 August 2002: Message edited by: Lea ]

I'll second what babydoc said. I seriously doubt it was laced with anything at all. Regardless of the potency, it is quite possibly that such an experience can be had from weed. Weed is possibly the most underrated psychedelic. Set and setting play an enormous part in any drug experience.
You increase your chances of greater intensity if you eat the stuff rather than smoking. At high doses all manner of things are possible. I don't recommend eating anything mouldy, I couldn't guess what might happen to you, hallucinations or otherwise, but its not likely to be good for you.
[ 13 August 2002: Message edited by: Plague Bearer ]

Well, I'd say straight away that it wasn't acid or mushrooms, as the acid would be destroyed by the direct heat, and there is a very small majority that have experienced effects from smoking magic mushrooms.
From reading PCP experience reports, I don't believe that it's likely to be PCP, as there isn't a huge amount of similarity between your experience and varied reports.
It'd also be quite hard to pinpoint exactly what it was laced with, if it were laced with anything, because of the use of cannabis as well.
Then again, it could quite possibly be a very intense THC experience. This would be my educated guess (and a guess it is only, unfortunately).
[Sorry that so much of this post is repeating what has previously been said, I was researching during the composition of this post, and some sneaky bastards beat me to replying... :p]
[ 13 August 2002: Message edited by: Dante ]

Well it sure sounds like you got hold of some potent really nasty stuff. I have had visuals from pot before, and not after huge amounts either so I see it as being possible to see and hear strange things. Mind you there was some beer involved.
A good friend of mine has had full hallucinatoins from smoking really strong stuff, it could have even been hash. Garden knomes comming to attack him etc etc. So while your experiance is pretty out there I dont think your gear has been laced with anything. Sure there is no paint thinner fuming away in your shed??

The parts about this story that worry me read as follows:
I pulled out the rest of the gear that H and I (mainly I) had smoked on the previous weekend - (last weekend) I ended up getting really freaked out - I was seeing shit - I was extremely paranoid, and me sense of depth perception was totally fucked. Anyway back to this weekend...
I pulled out the weed which was already chopped up - It hit Y after the first cone - We kept smoking - H, M and I continue smoking until H and I had 6 cones each, and M had 5. This is when things got freaky...
I'm really freaked out by M's panic attack/seizure/whatever, and I really don't think it was straight pot.
Now, I'm not about to lecture you, but if you knew the weed was wierd from the previous weekend, and you were seeing shit and such, why would you smoke it again, unless you were hoping for a repeat of the wierdness? If you have a drug that acts in a strange way on you, perhaps the best policy would be to ask the questions first, rather than trying it again immediately the following weekend?
In my opinion THC is grossly underrated as a psychedelic. If you know someone who doesn't believe that choof is psychoactive, get them to eat some. You can have very strong trips from THC. Perhaps this was what happened to you, it may have been overly strong for you.
I've seen and heard of dusted dope before (ie. that being sprinkled with powder of some kind, usually PCP, hence the term 'dust' referring to PCP's name Angel Dust). However I've not seen any dusted dope in about 5 years, and it's never sold at the normal price of choof AFAIK, always more expensive. It's generally something you'd have to request, rather than receive accidentally. As I have mentioned in the past, however, I believe that PCP is very rare in Australia, and your chances of stumbling upon some, for free, mixed with your weed, are low IMHO.
Maybe someone threw in a handful of extracted salvia in the mix? That's cheap and easy to get (well perhaps not so easy now that our dear government has outlawed it...).
BigTrancer :)

I had never been much of a pot smoker, having tried pills long before trying pot. However most of the freakiest experiences I have ever had have been on weed.
The worst was, admittedly, after a night out on pills. I was smoking a joint with some friends (not even a bong as they are another story!).
I started to freak out, I was seeing things; I could see people breathing as if they were all breathing smoke (and no it wasn't the smoke from the joint...hehe) depth perception went to fuck, its hard to describe it all but the world certainly was not normal for me anymore and neither were the people in the room with me. I started to get all tingly all over with my hands vibrating, and thought I was going crazy.. it was terrible.. I totally lost it.
The thing that got me through it was my friends flatmate talked me through it and gave me a sheet to read about panic attacks, this explained most of my symptoms and once I read that and realised I was having an attack and not losing my mind (seriously I had paranoia about never coming back) I started to breath and calm down... but it took a while.
Since then I have avoided the stuff, maybe one or two tokes if it is being passed around but mostly I steer clear.
It sounds like the stuff you had was strong and as others have said the situation and environment and mental states of you all play a part (and with paranoia, etc. it is easy to feed of each others reactions and make things much worse).
On the PCP thing, wasn't that what Denzel gave his partner to smoke in that freaky movie???
Oh and a funny side note, my friend gave me Vitamin C telling me that it was an antidote to what I was going through and that I would be ok after I took it... I am pretty sure this is BS and I saw through it at the time so it didn't work, but it was a nice try at tricking my mind to relax.

Did you get the pot in bud form?
Did it look any different to normal?
Could it have been mixed with Datura leaf/flower/seed? I have read a trip report somewhere about someone smoking datura seeds. Could this be possible?

i can only remember one experience with weed where i thought it was a 'bad' time, or a bad trip. and it was a time when i was new to smoking, and i was smoking some stuff that my mates used to get which they say is the strongest stuff theyve ever smoked. it used to hit you like a tonne of bricks. that time, i only had one cone, but it was too big for me, as i wasnt aware of the correct size to smoke, and i accidentally swallowed some of it. i was shaking, had an extremely heavy heartbeat, and i was paranoid. i told myself it would be the last time i ever smoke weed. hmph, FAT CHANCE!
anyway, i love my weed, and i will second (third, fourth?) what many people have already said, weed has much more hallucinogenic (sp?) properties than most people realise. i have one friend who goes quite ape for around 20 mins every time he has a cone, and in my opinion, the way he acts, is very similar to how one might act when on acid. by ape i mean uncontrollable twitching and laughter, very bloodshot eyes, says stupid things, etc. (by the way, these experiences are enjoyable for him) and he has never tried acid.
and also, last year at schoolies, my mates and i were smoking pretty heavily during the week, and one arvo, they had a cone, and it hit them extremely heavily, for it seemed, no reason.
so basically, i think you just came across some very strong weed. and if it didnt make you go spaz the week before, then maybe it was just a freak occurence.
:)
to be safer next time, id suggest less cones, and smaller cones. i know its different for everyone, but even people i know who smoke every day have no more than 2 or 3 medium size cones in a sitting (around 4 hours).
[ 13 August 2002: Message edited by: melancholic ]

Originally posted by Gnome Raver:

I started to get all tingly all over with my hands vibrating, and thought I was going crazy.. it was terrible.. I totally lost it.

I had a similar experience back in high school. put me off smoking for quite some time. we had buckets and as i wasn't a regular smoker it had an exaggerated effect (at least that's what i'm guessing). i could literally feel ALL of the nerves in my body tingling. every time i closed my mouth all of the nerves from the tips of my teeth would kind of tingle in waves out to my extremities. i was quite freaked out, to put it mildly. i wondered for a long time whether it had been laced with something. guess this kind of answered my question. thanks guys. :)
*sorry if that was kinda longwinded
[ 13 August 2002: Message edited by: gleeker ]
[ 13 August 2002: Message edited by: gleeker ]

I've got to agree with what's been said. Pot is WAY underrated. I've been doing chemicals on a regular and semi-regular basis for about 4 and a half years (and pot for a while before that), and most of the experiences which have really scared me were all on pot.
I think my problem is that when I was younger I used to smoke it a lot, and more recently even though I only smoke it rarely, I've been smoking as if I smoke it often, Ie. pulling cones when I should be taking it gentle.
It's maybe not really surprising then that the "straw the broke the camels back" so to speak, or the experience that really put me off it for good, was the results of collapsing from full muscle spasms and going blind for about 10 minutes after pulling a cone.
I was told once that if pot gets sprayed with some herbicides, as I would assume can happen, it can make it very toxic to smoke?
Sounds maybe a bit like an urban myth? But it might explain it? Though more likely I suppose is that it was just really good bud combined with mood and setting.

Spraying cannabis plants with herbicides usually kills them. Spraying cannabis plants with insecticides could result in a harvest that is coated with residues of the chemicals used to kill the insect pests. This may not be overly healthy for you... but I personally believe the story about "dope coated with flyspray makes you trip" is a urban myth. Ingesting insect poisons, however, is probably not good for you at all.
BigTrancer :)

Injesting insect poisons would be just about as good for you as smoking mould i reckon!!

Originally posted by Lea:
Injesting insect poisons would be just about as good for you as smoking mould i reckon!!
I once smoked some weed that had been sprayed with insecticide the day before it was picked. NOT HAPPY JAN. I had half a cone before I noticed it tasted bad, my sister and her boyfriend had one each. After about 10 min we all started throwing up, and kept doing it for at least 30 min. Not a happy night at all...
And what happened to the nice man that sold us said gear? Not happy things either.
--
MDMA-4-ALL (And a little insecicide warning for you all)

I'm going to jump on the "Marijuana is a POWERFUL hallucinogenic" bandwagon and say the following; Yes, yes it is.
There seems to be a common urban myth that has spread that "you can't trip off weed". Well, let me be the first to smash that one. Like BT said, if you want to have a psychadelic experiance with marijuana, then cook and eat it (read the AUS/NZ choof cooking thread ). Alternativley, sit down with a nice bong, good weed and smoke an entire $50 in one go, by yourself, (or until you physically *cant* have any more cones).
Set and setting, this can't be stressed enough...

Originally posted by nickthecheese:
Alternativley, sit down with a nice bong, good weed and smoke an entire $50 in one go, by yourself, (or until you physically *cant* have any more cones).
Heh. A friend and I, in our early smoking days, stumbled upon some slightly stronger than normal weed. Of course we had to finish it in one sitting! By the end I had to hold the bong with both hands, resting it on the table to stop the shaking while my friend used 2 hands to light it for me. We couldn't see properly or focus on anything so he just held the lighter in the right general direction and hoped for the best. Inhaling was also a problem, but we somehow managed. It was quite an intense experience.
If you physically can't light your own, is that a sign to stop, sit back and enjoy?

Yeah... I've smoked a shitload of weed in my time, a 50 in half an hour once, and I can't say I've ever hallucinated off it. Even after injesting heaps of THC in the form of very potent brownies.
Guess I'll just have to keep on trying!!!