Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

what not to do with shrooms

Chaos Butterfly

Bluelight Crew
ok, here is the story from me about last night at a party...
started off just fine, was celebrating 3 months without any substances, and was up in newcastle for the party. started having a few beers and just generally enjoying myself.
then i found out that there were shrooms available and that piqued my interest, as even though i have given up drugs, i had never tried shrooms and i am always open to new experiences... so at the after party i consumed said shrooms and started having a great time.
now as knowledgable as i am about many things drug related, shrooms are one of those that i know little to nothing about... but i was dead set on having a new experience, so my inexperience didn't hold me back. i went up on the balcony to have a better look at the set up, and it was amazing, the visuals i was getting were amazing, but then everything started going wrong.
first of all it seemed to me that i was starting to have a slight allergic reaction to the shrooms, which wasn't too bad, as i have been dealing with allergies my whole life, but it did make me a little sketchy. then everything started getting really really intense, the visuals were fantastic, but i couldn't comprehend anything... i couldn't tell if anyone was talking to me, so i was sitting in a chair experiencing everything.
i am not too sure what happened next, but i know i did pass out, and in the process twisted my knee :( and at this point everyone got very worried, which was a good thing, and the amount of help that i received was fantastic, but people were asking me questions, and all i could say was that i didn't understand anything, and i needed to sleep and i needed to get warm... and i started to panic a bit, because i had not experienced this before and i was just a seething mass of confusion...
i was taken out to a car, and here i started getting really bad... i knew that i needed to sleep, but i didn't know if it was going to be ok if i went to sleep, so i couldn't relax, because i thought that i would stop breathing... it was pretty scary and very very intense, but there were people there who were taking care of me, and not letting anything get out of hand.
the biggest problem that i had that night was that there wasn't anyone there (as far as i know) that had had lots of experience with shrooms, and i do know that especially for your first time you NEED a trip sitter, so it was all very intense and very scary, but all in all i don't think that i was in any danger, except in my mind, and i am feeling fine now, except for being a bit tired.
so the moral of this story is don't fuck around with stuff that you don't know anything about without other experienced people there!! and also don't mix shrooms with copious quantities of alcohol... not a good look, and it's probably better not to have your first experience in an unfamiliar place where you aren't completely comfortable...
i was stupid and i know that, i just don't want anyone else to do the same thing.
big thanks to all the people who helped me throughout the course of the night, and sorry for giving you guys any unnecessary worry, i hope i didn't spoil anything for anyone...
have fun, play safe CB :)
[ Edit: removed references to the location ]
[ 10 August 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

Chaos Butterfly: Glad you came through unscathed. Just one question, How big a dose did you have?

I removed the references to the actual place you were from your post, because as it was it was directly admiting that there were drugs used at a location - and on a public message board that's not the best thing. It doesn't take anything away from the story anyway, and I'm sure those that were there will still know what party you're refering to... :)
Anyway, good to hear that you're OK and that you got something positive out of the experience. There's no such thing as a bad trip if you learn something from it... :)

Glad you've pulled up ok CB. Cheers to everyone who helped out at the time... :)
Thanks for sharing the story, I hope people take it into consideration. Also, you might find this thread interesting...
Be safe :)

Before you passed out, were you having any bad or paranoid thoughts? I am just wondering because I have found on mushrooms, one bad thought can lead to a million in a second, and it can really put a lot of stress on you. Which can easily turn into a panic attack or something like that.

Precisely the reason I didn't go looking for them that night.
I'll save my first time for my house, with a trip sitter.
Glad you were OK though.

Originally posted by Splatt:
Before you passed out, were you having any bad or paranoid thoughts? I am just wondering because I have found on mushrooms, one bad thought can lead to a million in a second, and it can really put a lot of stress on you. Which can easily turn into a panic attack or something like that.
I could not have put it better myself, during my first mushroom trip, I somehow went on to a bad train of thought, which lead to me lying in a puddle trying to figure out why everones face kept melting, or if I was just going crazy. :)
Seriously, get a trip sitter, especially on mushrooms. I can't stress this enough... ;)

MUSHROOMS
---------
Nature = Good
Concrete Jungle = Bad
---------
Seriously, do it with close friends, and somewhere how should i put it......unseedy.
:)

yeah splatt that's exactly what happened... i was a bit worried because of the slight allergic reaction and all... and then somehow i passed out... it was a struggle but in the end, i am fine...
if i ever try shrooms again, it will be in a familiar setting, with a trip sitter.