• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

sodium valporate and pericayzine(tranquiliser)

aceishigh

Bluelighter
i had a hyper manic episode after a night out on drugs. I had taken a pink dolphin whilst i was in a filthy mood and it made me even worse. I was cuttin sick at my friends for no reason. Anyway by the time the morning came i had two red bulls to get me goin. not only did it get me goin but it felt like i couldnt come down. i started talkin real weird shit for like 3 weeks and it felt like i was on e constantly. At school i would have mad fucken rushes up my body and down people just didnt understand. They would laugh at my sensations which of course made it worse for me.
Now i was taken to hospital and put on sodium valporate and pericayzine this calmed me down but now after having that experience well over two years ago i believe that having these drugs prescribed to me would of been no different to if i had of slept or eaten properly. Problem was though i thought at the time i was king of the world. Dont know why but thought i could read peoples thoughts weird huh. anyway now i look back and think how the fuck did i get into that state of mind? Everything seemed to be so fun. Can anyone give me a decent explanation of this phenomenon? I mean doctors are good but sometimes you just cant trust them because they are looking to make money off you. Eg i was kept in there 2 weeks more than i should of at one thousand bucks a day, and even a year later i had my doctor sayin he felt i was a bit revved up i mean i felt more happy than i had for a long time thats why sometimes i wont trust their judgement.
Now since then i have probably had more drugs than then but still am normal and cant see myself gettin back into that state of mind.
Does anyone know if these kind of tablets psychiatrists prescribe can be found in normal food. Eg are they just supplementing your diet?
and do they recieve money from prescribing drugs to the patient? or has anyone else felt like this bvefore or been called hyper manic?
My doctor even said it just could be in my personality i mean if it was what a fucken waste of money! and my time!
also i must add when smokin weed whilst feelin like the king i would start talkin and my brain would start racin and i couldnt catch up with myself fucken scary if youve had this happen, I thought i was goin to die so i stepped back took a deep breath and went to my friend what the fucks happening? then again maybe just could of been stress doubt it science needs to explore these frontiers more clearly as to give everyone a better understanding of the other side
[ 25 July 2002: Message edited by: aceishigh ]

You got a lot of questions there, which might be better suited to the Health Q & A forum. Firstly, it's called a hypomanic episode which means it is a bit less severe than a manic episode. The symptoms you describe sound just like a hypomanic epsiode, particularly:
1. "i thought at the time i was king of the world" - this is a grandiose delusion. You weren't really king of the world were you?
2. "thought i could read peoples thoughts" - another delusion
3. "Everything seemed to be so fun" - when you are hypomanic, you feel euphoric and fantastic, or as you put it "felt like i was on e constantly"
Usually when people are hypomanic (or manic) they have
no insight into the condition - this means they do not believe anything is wrong, because they feel so damn good, how could something be wrong?
"anyway now i look back and think how the fuck did i get into that state of mind? " Probably a combination of sleep deprivation, drug use, and a pre-existing tendency to have an episode of mental illness.
Can anyone give me a decent explanation of this phenomenon? Yes but it would take a lot of space, so instead check out the web - here is a link to start: What is Bipolar Disorder? which talks about mania, or Hypomania.
Suffice to say that using most recreational drugs can trigger an episode of mania or hypomania if you are sensitive to it. I'm glad you are feeling well now, but the fact you have had a hypomanic episode means you are predisposed to have another, so go easy on using drugs if you don't want to get sick again.
Does anyone know if these kind of tablets psychiatrists prescribe can be found in normal food. Eg are they just supplementing your diet?No they can not. These drugs have specific effects in your brain and there are no substitutes available in alternative medicine.
i believe that having these drugs prescribed to me would of been no different to if i had of slept or eaten properly. No, because when you are manic or hypomanic you usually can't sleep. Because manic and hypomanic episodes tend to cycle, yes you may have recovered without the medication, but your erratic behaviour might have put you at risk to yourself in the meantime.
do they recieve money from prescribing drugs to the patient? No, but drug companies do give away bonuses to health professionals like pens, notepads and the occasional trip to an international conference.
I mean doctors are good but sometimes you just cant trust them because they are looking to make money off you. Yes Doctor's make a living from being Doctor's, but they are not out to take your money. i was kept in there 2 weeks more than i should of at one thousand bucks a day, how do you know you didn't need to be there? You can discharge yourself any time from a private hospital, so it's not like they were holding you there against your will.
or has anyone else felt like this bvefore or been called hyper manic?Not me personally, but I have looked after a number of people in a very similar situation to yours, so it is not uncommon.
I hope that helps - you might want to talk to your Dr if you have more questions. :)

Definiatly know what you went through. I've been diagnosed with BiPolar as well and put on Sodium Valproate. I've gone off them now for one main reason - they depressed the shit out of me. No will to do anything and wollowing (sp?) in self-pity. Much worse than I was before. Anyhow, I now control manic episodes myself. I see / feel them coming on and calm myself down. You gotta catch it at the start and it takes time to know when one's about to hit. But IMHO, self control is much better than taking drugs daily to control the occational manic episode. One word of advise - tell your friends to keep an eye on you and get them to tell you when your being manic. At start you won't be able to tell, you just feel 'shit hot' and nothing can be better. But those around you start hating you because of the way you're acting around them. If you want to keep your friends, tell them about it and get them to help you.
Another thing - i find when i am heavy on the illicits (coke, E, meth, etc...) the manic episode rear their ugly heads a lot more than normal. Early this year (Jan / Feb) was heavy usage and i struggled with manic episodes. (wasn't on med) Now i only occationally do E (absolute max 1 / month) and nothing else and the manic episodes don't apprear. (no meds) Like you said, go easy.
And look after yourself when doing illicits. Everyone should, but moreso you and other bipolars because they are more prone to epsiodes due to the imbalances that already exist in your brain. By looking after yourself, i mean, eat healthy, exercise, and post load with anti-oxidants after a night out on E (does wonders for keeping the dreaded Tuesday blues away - for me at least).
Hope this helps, feel free to mail me if you want to chat more about this. Good luck.

yeh s2000 self control does have alot to do with it and once you have learnt that then everything is sweet as sugar baby. lol
when doing drugs basically all you have to do is watch your underlying psychological stresses
and keep yourself on the right side of the coin