Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

muscles

melbourne madness

Bluelighter
ive had a lot off shit and i want to know,do pills effect your muscles/nerves?ie.twitches,back ake etc....... Cheers.

Define "effect" in the sense that you've used it here, and you'll probably get some better answers... as it stands it's a bit vague...

i often have some neck / back ache after pilling, although it could be more about dancing for hours on end but my chiropractor tells me its a symptom of working your liver too hard.
hope that helps

when i say effects im taking sudden jumps in arms.ie when going to sleep or laying aruund or even on cumdowns
I used to get this a lot when I was working out a lot but it had nothing to do with drug (chems) use as I was on a break for ~3 years at that stage.. Also a lot of friends who did goto the gym a lot also had the same muscle jumps/spasms.
Just offering a suggestion as to one possible cause (weights and/or maybe exercising a lot due to dancing/running around like a madman on chems?)

MDMA does cause muscle tension. It may lead to twitches/small involuntary movements, during or after the roll, depending on the individual.
The most common muscle tension symptoms are trismus and bruxia (jaw and teeth grinding).
I too experience (at times violent) twitching after a night out. Many a time I've laid a fair old whack (totally unknowingly ;) ) on someone sleeping beside me. I lay it back to the fact I spend the entire night tensing many of my muscles heavily due to the MDMA, and when I finally relax, they've got a lot of tension to get rid of, which they diperse in the form of twitches.
:)

Could excessive dopamine release be a culprit for twitching?

whatabout spinal fluid draining doesnt that cause the back pains. Does anyone know more about this i'm interested?

Originally posted by **rAsPuTiN**:
whatabout spinal fluid draining doesnt that cause the back pains. Does anyone know more about this i'm interested?
I don't know if you're serious, but no, that's a complete and utter myth.
Any back pains you get are probably due to weirdass dancing for 5 hours straight. ;)

Does MDMA reduce spinal fluid levels?
No, nothing can drain your spinal fluid except a needle inserted into your back. It is possible this rumour eventuated from MDMA research during the 1980’s where researchers were withdrawing samples of spinal fluid looking for abnormalities. It is the MDMA spinal tap research, not the MDMA that drains spinal fluid.

the way bikky move inside your body and what they touch or connect to .ie nerves,receptors etc....couldnt that be a part off it ?

I just thought I'd mention that dopamine is present throughout the entire CNS in 5 different subtypes. All are taken care of by various pathways around the CNS, and all carry out different functions, including respective aspects of motor control around the body... It's not just in your brain.
If you fuck with dopamine, expect consequences, like muscle tension.
:)

Well I think you could be onto something with the way the bikky move inside the body. First you swallow it and the muscles of the oesophagus assist in the swallowing action down to the stomach. Once in the stomach the pill will seemingly float around aimlessly until it finds the special 'pill receptor' in the stomach which is a cup-shaped receptor about the size of the original mitsibishi (green or white, not the turbo or the triangle shaped ones though) which it evolved to suit (this also explains why some pills are stronger and weaker, the ability for the pill to bind with the receptor determines its strenght, unless of course the pill is 'double stacked' which is a completely different story). Once the pill comes in contact with the receptor it binds with it tightly so that the two can be in contact for 3-6 hours while enduring much bouncing around and shit-talking.
After the 3-6 hours the pill will have released all the 'stuff' and will be a hard, colourless lump. The muscles in the pill receptor will be in a state of rigor from a deficiency of ATP (adenosine-triphosphate, the source of which is NRG music) and the excess calcium ions that were once in that muscle will now be floating around in the other parts of the body causing havoc on the muscles. This excess calcium is taken up by the sarcoplasmic reticulum of the other mucsles during relaxation, but being there in excess will cause it to be released and resequestered beyond neural control and hence the muscles will twitch and spasm.
It is also a great excuse to use if you get the urge to kick any of your mates while scattered. "It was just my leg twitching... honest."