Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Taking a Full Pill or Half whats the difference

Uk Junglist

Bluelighter
Im just wondering what is the difference between taking a whole pill ore having them in halves. I have been taking pills in halves now i wanna try it whole. What is the difference?

I assume you mean that by the end of a night you've consumed the whole pill, and the only diffence here is in the method of taking it not the dose...
The general rule of thumb is, if you take your pills in halves it won't hit you as hard, but will last longer. If you take it as a whole, it'll hit you quite hard, but the duration will be shorter...
Either way you're getting the full pill... so I guess it really depends if you like the hard peaking/rushing element, or prefer a more chilled (as chilled as MDMA can get at least) experience... :)
That said though, everyone's different, and the only way to find out is to try it I spose... :)

Also depends how much you space your halves out
I never fully peaked till I had a full one, but having the half can still be good in certain situations.
After weekend though fully realized quality will always beat quantity. Had 2 pretty average ones and 1 good one, but had the good one last so was a waste by then.

I normally take half then half 1 hour later. Is the come that more intense when having it whole.

Is the come that more intense when having it whole.Ewwww... that sounds dirty... ;)
Seriously though, yeah... the comeup is more intense as a direct comparison - as for how much more, it depends on the person and a million other factors... but generally, it should be more intense to what you're used to... :)

mmmmm - depends what you want out of the experience?
To hit a true peak you need at least 2mg of MDMA per kilo body weight, thus that is why a lot of people are feel good after about an 60-90 minutes on a whole pill. This is assuming that you are about 60-80kg and the pill you take has about 120-160mg of MDMA.
This only works if you are familiar (roughly from past experience from same pill) with dosage of the pill you take. Lots of inter and intra batch variations can occur - ummm this is an illicit substance with no QC during manufacturing to provide consistant quality. My biggest turn off!!!
To maintain this level for much longer talking half - one third of the original dose will keep you there. This will keep seretonin rushing around your body at a very high level for longer.
If half a pill ( say containing only 40mg of MDMA in that half) is taken and you weigh 80kg and you take another half an hour later you will not get as high as the initial dose as the primary release of seratonin is the largest. So you might feel a smaller high compared to the first dose.
But if you took a whole pill and it roughly equated to a dose of 2mg of MDMA per kilo body weight and then redosed with 1/2 -1/3 of original dose about 1 1/2 hours after the initial dose - you stay peaking for MUCH longer. Better than taking a whole 2nd pill say 3hours after the first as you maintain the maximum amount of seratonin floating around your body.
Ummm - that's what i've sort of done and converted all my friends and know one has looked back.
And yes we are old farts in our 30's.
But it does come back to what you want out of the night????

Your average pill DOESNT contain 120-160mg of MDMA or anything like it.

Yeah, I've always likened the "peak" of a pill as one of those reaction kinetics graphs where a substance reaches a peak amount, and then receeds, or sometimes like one of those 2D wave graphs that I had to do in *shudder* 1st year physics. I assume that the pill has a set half-life in the body, and thus the calculated wavelength will be the same, and all than can be controlled is the amplitude. If you take a whole pill, the amplitude of the peak is higher, and thus the peak of the person is higher, when there are 2 doses of MDMA, the effect is longer due to the constructive interference of the 2 doses interacting.
And on the other hand, I guess I should just get myself a girlfriend. :\
[ 18 July 2002: Message edited by: Fetish Jester ]

A whole pill = the entire contents of the pill will go through your digestive system at once...
Half a pill = half the contents of the pill will go through your digestive system. And the other half wont, untill you take it...
Keep in mind the contents of a pill may be unevenly distributed...
uneven.jpg

^^^ Blue = MDMA... There's a lot of ways to break a pill, thus a lot of varying strengths a "half" may have. An example of this - the recent versaces...
:)

To hit a true peak you need at least 2mg of MDMA per kilo body weight[/quote
I'm not sure that I agree with this completely. I weigh approximately 100kg, and I can peak quite nicely from 100mg of pure MDMA. I think it's probably a personal thing, but 2mg per kg would be a VERY strong dose as far as I'm concerned. I guess that a majority of people would vomit with that kind of acute dose.
BigTrancer :)

Just keep having halves until you know yourself that you need to have more to get that same effect. Don't eat a full pill if your already having fun and getting rushes off half, because all that will happen is that you'll definetly need to have a full pill all the time. SAVE YOUR BRIAN FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN.

^^^
I see your point about raising the tolerance or whatever so that you need to take a whole pill each time you roll, but I disagree based on my personal experience. I normally drop in halves. On the odd occasion where I have droped with a whole pill, I have been able to go back to dropping in halves without feeling like I was loosing out on strength of effects (this was also using the same pill on a few different occasions). However if you're expecting to feel the same on half a pill as you did when you took a whole pill, you're kidding yourself. My way of looking at this is more that taking a whole pill increases your expectations of an ecstacy experience, which can lead you to believe you're not getting the usual effects from half a pill. Basically what I'm saying is I have had binges where I've consumed 2-3 pills in one night, and then been able to have only 1 in halves and still enjoy the roll at the same level 1 in halves got me to before the binges. IMO it takes more than one or two experiments with larger doses to raise your tolerance to mdxx. (I also personally feel that there's a lot to be said for less is more - you miss a lot of the more subtle effects from mdxx when you take larger doses, because you're so busy being overwhelmed)

from erowid:
Threshhold 30 mg
Avg for small or sensitive people 50 - 75 mg
Avg for most people 75 - 125 mg
Avg for large or un-sensitive people 125 - 175 mg
Required by few (side effects increase) 200 + mg
LD50 (Lethal Dose*) 106 mg/kg or ~6,000 mg
I think 2mg/kg is a FAIR wack of MDMA, and as BT said, enough to make a lot of people panic.

Halves SCHMALVES!
42kg, 5'nothing, 4 years in the game.. and !quarters or crumbley bits are just fine by me.
I like to think of it as a cheap night out! :D

apollo: i'd almost thought it impossible to learn something new about pills until your above post !! that distribution factor could explain so many unexplainable effects. nice one.
ok i assumed you pulled that graphic from some official mdxx scan machine?? possibly you didn't..
i always would've given a well pressed, well crafted pill the benefit of the doubt. that the cooks would bother to mix the 'goo' with just as much care as they put into the presentation of the product. interesting...
[ 24 July 2002: Message edited by: fat tony ]

Eh? I weigh just under 100kg and although I don't get the high off pills that I used to (I've been pilling for a while and did most of my clubbing in the UK), I can't imagine that I would need to take 1.5 - 2 pills to start with. Serious?

^ Tolerance is one of the key factors in this kind of observation. After you've been taking pills on a semi-regular or regular basis for awhile, you'll notice (as you mentioned) that pills won't affect you as much as they used to. In general, many educated drug users (read: people interested in their health enough to ask the questions) realise that tolerance is an issue, and they limit their intake to keep the tolerance to a manageable level.
However, if you never knew what tolerance was about, and were unconcerned about the level of drugtaking in your life, you might find that you were taking pills on a weekly or fortnightly basis. After a while of this dosing regime, you'd notice that your 1 pill to start the night didn't really 'do it' for you, and you'd be looking for another half or whole pill within two hours of the first drop, maybe even within one hour. Further along the track, the first pill may not even do anything, or you'll take two within half an hour (essentially double-dropping) to get the same effect as you used to get from a single pill. You might write this off as 'decline in pill quality... they're not what they used to be' but in reality, this is more likely a downregulation of your serotonin receptors in your brain.
The difficult part is when double dropping is no longer enough and you start triple dropping for a peak... or taking upwards of 5-10 pills in a night. It's been done, and by many people in places where pills are cheap, on a regular basis. I can relate stories of friends in London who will not bat an eyelid at taking 8 pills in an evening. It's not that they get WAY fucked up ... but they just take that much to feel the same way that I feel from 2 pills or so.
Ask anyone who's taken pills for years, tolerance is a BITCH. Limit your intake and limit your tolerance, enforce a break every now and then to stop you from having to put your body under that much strain.
BigTrancer :)