• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

sleeping is scary and i dont want to anymore !!

FKDUPONXTC

Bluelighter
hey guys,
this is my first post on bluelight so i would like to say that its a fucking fantastic site and that its helped me make certain decisions with my drug use.
now i have a problem and i would like some help with it.
after i taker drugs and anywhere up to 5 days after use i have out of body experiences and i astral travel. this is out of my control and i try to do all i can to not bring it on. they are quite violent experiences where i am being belted and have no control of the situation. sometimes i meet with death and it fucking freaky ;/ i am being told horrible things and the pain in these travellings are horrific. all i want to do is come back into my body, and when i do i wake up ii have a huge sigh of relief and go back to sleep. its been happening every night recently and now its expected. i usually fall asleep, go for a zoom around the house for an hour and wake and go back to sleep. the more drugs i take the worse it is, but as the days pass it gets less and less realistic and less violent.
i need to know if anyone else experiences this, can i control it and why the hell is it happening.
its gotten to the piont where i dont want to sleep at all

Hey there - I can't say for sure, but you may be suffering from a sleep disorder known as hypnagogic hallucinations, which can be frightening. It is a transitional state of consciousness between waking and sleeping, often associated with sleep paralysis, where you feel awake but can't move a muscle. They might also be called a "waking dream". A feeling of terror is typical, although the disorder itself is not common.
I used to suffer from these on going to sleep and while I was in them I would sometimes feel as though I was flying around. They were very vivid and realistic and I was usually terrified. Eventually the conscious part of my mind learnt to recognise what was happening and wake the rest of me up. There was always a huge sense of relief as I realised that it had just been a vivid dream.
The interesting thing is that whatever type of sleep disorder it is, you link it with your drug use, and it improves as the days pass after drug use. I guess you have to connect the dots and make some decisions there.
Sleep disorders are often associated with drug and alcohol use and/or with anxiety and stress.
There is a lot you can do to manage sleep disorders without using other drugs. Try searching the net for further info.
You might want to consult your doctor for referral to a sleep management clinic - often such clinics are located at major hospitals.
Hope this helps.
:) :)

Moving over to Health Q&A... You might want to consider posting this in The Dark side too.
The only advice I have to offer is
a. See a doctor
b. Reduce/cease your drug use
Good luck :)
[ 17 July 2002: Message edited by: apollo ]

Apollo locked this up before I could click Submit.
I just wanted to mention this sounds a lot like Sleep Paralysis (SP) which many people experience related to drug use, or periods of sleep deprivation, or both. I wanted to include these following search links because you may not have heard the term sleep paralysis before, and therefore not known where to look (in case what you are experiencing is similar... have a read, see what you think - if what you have experienced matches up with these threads, then there is a wealth of information out there on SP).
Try these threads in Health Q&A or these threads in Aus Drug Discussion to help you in your search for information.
This thread is quite descriptive and may help you: Sleep Paralysis??
I have experienced this in the past, and the most overwhelming experiences have been directly related to severe THC withdrawal in my case. I know how frightening this can seem, when you're on the twilight of sleep and your brain is receiving mixed signals about your body and where it is located at the time.
Regards, BigTrancer :)