• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ease my mind...driving while under the influenece...

neverwas

Bluelighter
i know we've all been told heaps bout drugs and driving. ive rad the links and attachments to old threads...but ive got this 'thing' on my mind where every time i get in a car with a driver who has been 'out' the night b4 and was 'off thier face' i sit there and question their ability to be behind the wheel of the car im in.
im not havin a go at people ive been in cars with. thats not my intent in ANY way.
but what i would like to know when it comes to driving what are the effects pills and base can do to the driver behind the wheel while still under the influence... not peaking but still munted.
how many of us have gotten in a car with some one who you didnt think was 'ok' to drive? do you question theri ability? whats ur abilty like if you drive afta a night out? how'd you approach the person about it if you didnt think they were ok to drive?

Your reaction time is way up because you can't concentrate, you're tired, the brain is wandering. I'd say on an empty road with no other cars you're unlikely to have too much trouble, but I think dealing with other cars on the road becomes much more difficult.
I've had other people drive my car basically because I knew I wasn't okay to drive - I'd say you've been coming down for 2 - 3 hours, and not feeling tired (or have had lots of coffee), and it's 7am on the saturday, I usually think it's okay. Otherwise catch a cab. Anyway, I live close enough to walk!

I don't know how we can easy your mind... it's not safe, but you're not guaranteed to die either... I guess my only advice that could put your mind at rest is that if you don't feel comfortable, just don't get in the car. Making a stance and getting a taxi might be what it takes to get through to the drivers you know that you think what they are doing isn't safe... :)

Driving is always dangerous. Simple as that. It's more dangerous with lack of sleep or impairment of senses and reactions etc. That's why they're meant to give you an eye test each time you renew your license to drive. That's why there are such high fines and other deterents to stop people from driving under the influence of any drug.
I have to say that apart from the info that's in the thread that johnboy linked in his reply, don't ignore your gut feeling. If you don't feel safe, don't get in the car.

I always know when Im not OK to drive, in that instance, someone else drives for me.
I will NEVER drive when Im not in the right state for it, especially for the reason I may be putting others at risk besides myself.

Simple, go in a group. Every party/night out have someone go sober. Taking turns. Surely someone can miss out on 1 week and still have heaps of fun.

Ive driven heaps of times peaking off my head and also coming down...it just depends on what ur coming down off and how hard u are going down.
Once ive almost fallen asleep at the wheel while coming down but that was from tirdness..otherwise if u reckon u cant drive cab it.

I once drove when I was peaking and all I can say is don't do it. Don't drive at all when you are scattered either.
I'm not keen about the tip on designated sober drivers either. Unless of course that person gets some sleep at the party.