Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

what are these substances?

sinntress

Bluelighter
I was wonderin if anyone out there could give me some onfo on substances like MDA MDX and the others commonly found in E's. I know what MDMA is, but im a bit unfamiliar with the others, can u please help me?

Hi sinntress, welcome to Bluelight.
Please check our Frequently Asked Questions page, for answers to this question and many more like it.
MDMA, MDEA, MDA are all chemicals related to the rest of the Phenethylamine family. MDxx is a description used when it's not certain what MD-variant chemical is being discussed (ie. the 'xx' could be 'MA', 'EA' or 'A').
7. What is the difference between MDMA, MDEA, and MDA?
Chemically, they're all different kinds of a chemical group called 'phenethylamines'. Subjectively the differences are as follows:
MDMA – lovey, floaty, euphoric, empathic, visuals at high doses, duration 4-6 hours.
MDEA – stoney, heavy, shortness of breath, duration 4-6 hours.
MDA – some euphoria, noticeable visuals, energetic, duration 8-12 hours.
Please see www.erowid.org -> Plants & Drugs section for in-depth information.
Also a section further on may help:
13. What is "GHB" (or DXM/ 2C-B/ ketamine/ LSD/ crack/ yaba, et cetera)?
Your friend, and ours, in all questions of drug basics is Erowid. By simply pointing your browser to www.erowid.org and selecting "Plants & Drugs", you open up a vast library of information that will help you educate yourself on the basics about most psychoactive drugs of interest.
Also, searching using the search function at the top right hand corner of the page for eg. "MDMA MDEA" should bring out a bunch of old discussions about the differences between them.
ie. whats the difference between MDMA, MDA, MDEA, MDXX?
Feel free to start a new thread when you have more questions related to your reading :)
BigTrancer :)

sinress: seeing you started this thread im hoping you will return back to it. can you please stop posting suburbs in your pillreports, they are not needed. thank you.

ummm i'm just curious. what was wrong with my answer to the same question when you asked it here, a week ago? :)

My guess is that sintress didnt log on for a week or so and the thread wasnt bumped so, she/he didnt see it?
But thats what the search function is for, right?

Look sorry guys, im not in here to bug you moderators - for starters i didnt notice your mesage not to post suburbs until recently, so i will not in future. Second of all - i am kinda new to this site so when i came back to see the replys to the same message a week ago, and didnt see it anywhere, i didnt know i could search for it so i just posted it again - but thanks coz now im a little bit more familiar with how the site works. Just to finish - u guys are doing a great job - keep up the good work

And just one other question - im not sure whether to post it here or startr a new topic, but ill try here first. What are the different reactions of these substances when tested with the EZ tester - how can we tell them apart? Im very new to the EZ tester thing, i dont even have ine, my friend does though

There should be a colour chart included with each tester that tells you everything that the tester can test for... :)

sintress: you posted the questions originally in the Pilltesting Forum. That forum also has a lot of information about the different reactions that different substances give. Try the FAQ for a good introduction.