Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"Tang": Can you? Have you? Would you?

Fetish Jester

Bluelighter
So, I was passing the time away at some club in sydney which I won't mention because I don't wanna draw any attention to it, but lets just say it was definately a club somewhere sydney, or possibly Australia this last friday, indulging in a friend of mine called MDMA, and as I was coming down, my body decided that it was time to pass water. As the stream of urine hit the back of the toilet bowl, and the scent of safrole wafted up, I was reminded of a section of the an MDMA FAQ that I read sometime in my life.
It used the term "tang" which meant drinking the urine that you piss out after a roll. The reasoning was that 80% of MDMA passes through the body unchanged, and thus if you drink your piss, you'd get another pills worth of high.
Now, I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing, drinking my piss just to get high, but I was wondering if this is actually correct. Is active MDMA excreted into urine during a roll, and theoretically would you be able to either extract it, or take it and get the effect?
This is just for trivia's sake, but any info would be appreciated.
[Edit: Venue details removed. BigTrancer]
[ 25 June 2002: Message edited by: Fetish Jester ]

oh god, this again. and now it's got a slang term. i'm too tired to search, i'm sure BT or pleo will find that thread in the morning...

Thanks, I actually did do a search, but it was late at night so maybe I mispelled "urine" or something...
So, for everyone at home, the basic message from the above mentioned thread is It don't work.
From what I could understand, you don't get racemic MDMA, which is the "magical" mixture of MDMA that you get in your pills, but a different ratio of sterioisomers, which isn't so good.
So don't drink your piss.
Ever.
[ 23 June 2002: Message edited by: Fetish Jester ]

I draw the line after plugging and before this.
Its a big, fat line and I'm on this side of it and I have NO intention of going over it.
And given what FJ just posted, if you do it, it seems you merely have a urine fetish and so to you I say "reduce, re-use, re-cycle".
;)
-plaz out-

i think there was a topic similar to this that was about taking baking soda or something to reduce the acidity of your urine and help amphetamines be reabsorbed from your "tang". Maybe search for baking soda might help?

gfresh27: Yeah, that would help because the bodies absorbion of MDMA is based on pH, but the thing still stands that even though you'll be getting MDMA, it's basically not the right "kind" and it wouldn't hit you as hard, or even at all.
So, I'll say again just because it sounds funny on a HM site:
Don't drink your piss.
Ever. 8)
Oh, and I did the search, and nothing came up...
[ 24 June 2002: Message edited by: Fetish Jester ]

Please people think about what your saying, drinking you own body fluids, no, so very wrong.
[Edit: Some content removed. BigTrancer]
[ 24 June 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]
Sorry BT it was meant to be a joke, as if I really would.
[ 25 June 2002: Message edited by: Sllip ]

Here's one account:
I had read somewhere that after one eats MDMA, most of it comes out six hours later in the urine. The same goes for similar chemicals, and that's why in some cultures people drink the urine of a shaman during or after religious rituals. [NB: This is could be for other reasons related to the relative strengths of some natural psychedelics. BT] So anyway, I had to try it. Sometime between 6 and 12 hours after dosing, I had to pee. Surprisingly, I didn't have to pee before this, probably because MDMA dehydrates the body. I filled a jar with the warm, richly yellow fluid. There was a lot. I began to shiver. Hoping to reduce the pain, I dumped a shitload of Tang into the solution, along with a fair amount of vodka. Raising the jar to my mouth, I held my breath and pinched my nose. I knew that once I started, I couldn't stop, and then I began.
Going as quickly as possible, I made it halfway down before I had to catch my breath, and that's where I stopped. Going further was not an option; this was it. And it was enough to be proud of. A short while later, I started feeling funny, but the sensations washed over me vaguely and warmly. I felt like this for a couple hours and then felt normal. My experiment had been poorly conceived, I reflected, as the buzz could have come from psychosomatic psychology. The fair amount of vodka in the mixture had to have played a role too.
BigTrancer :)

^^^^
SO WRONG.
SO VERY, VERY WRONG.
Well, at least we know why it's called "tang" now.
Those vauge sensations may also be due to the difference in the isomer ratio (more R than S? I.E no longer racemic?) Any people with some knowledge in biochem wanna help?

Dont quote me but I was under the impression that drinking your own urine to get a few extra dose's out of your drugs was only applicable to the Fly Argaric(Amantia Muscaria) mushroom (Soma).
I think I remember reading it somewhere in Peter Staffords Psychedelics Encyclopedia.
I also remember reading that the Vikings did this exact same thing while preparing to 'rape and pillage'. They would all eat muchrooms, then drink each others piss and get RIGHT off.
Pretty sure (99%) this cant be done with Psilocin or Psilocybin mushrooms.
Cant remember what was the main active components of the Fly Argaric are, have to look that up when I get home.

Johnboy posted:
ok this is some pretty wierd stuff but there ie some science behind it. this is exactly what the lapps do when the use fly agaric, a potent magic mushroom.
these are such potent psychedelic fungi that often its better to have it the second time around, know what i mean...
some brave bastard will eat them, then take a slash, which all his mates will drink from. another method is drinking the urine of reindeer that have been eating the mushies...
As far as the original topic goes, I think we're fairly much in agreement that this is a pipe dream at best, and a misunderstood trivial point at worst. So apparently some MDMA comes out of your body after you urinate, unchanged, but apparently this is a less-active optical isomer of MDMA. I think unless we see some serious extraction and proof, this will remain a myth.

Man, I thought this thread was goign to be about railing the powdered sports drink:"Tang"
I remember one of my friends saying that at a party he saw a guy rail vitamin C and his eyes and nose went kinda orange...
----------------
She used taaaaaaaaaaangerines...

One thing noone has said as yet..
Am I the only one here that finds it impossible to pee when theyre off tap?
I reckon all this tang business is just an evil ploy to try and make people piss when theyre smudgy, when really they cant! :)

Am I the only one here that finds it impossible to pee when theyre off tap?
Fortunately for those interested in trying this (I think a lot of people might have just ignored all the previous posts and wanted to get their reply into the 'drinking piss' thread...), the recommended time delay between ingesting a pill, and producing urine containing any MDMA metabolites or unchanged MDMA is about 6-8 hours. So therefore you don't have to attempt to urinate while peaking, or experiencing the effects of the anti-diuretic hormone that MDMA makes your brain release.

If anyone tries this make sure to let us know, so that I can call you a desperate filthy drug pig...

We're ALL desperate filthy drug pigs in the eyes of a large majority of the population... desperation, morality and self-respect are relative concepts.
BigTrancer ;)

Well we might be desperate filthy drug pigs in the eyes of the majority, but I still reserve my right to call people that are more filthy than me a desperate filthy drug pig too... it's my democratic right... ;)
[ 26 June 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]