Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

double dropping

funkdup

Bluelighter
i was asked by a friend to try drouble dropping this weekend... what should i expect??? i have taken pills before but never 2 at once or even 1 and a half at that!!!

Before you do this, ask yourself why you'd want to do this? If it's because your friend said you should then that's not a valid reason.
Reasons why people double drop include having a heavy tolerance, large body size/weight, or just to get well fucked. But it should be stressed that by doubling the dose you double the danger. And if you're not 100% sure on what's in the pills then this could potentially cause you harm.
If you still roll hard off one pill, then there's no need to double drop really. If you do choose to though, you should expect to peak harder than you probably ever have before, and it'll be very intense... It'll probably be a good night, but the bad side is that it'll fast track you to the "loss of magic" stage that most people experience eventually. Not only that, but you'll likely come down harder than usual and the following few days might be a bit rough... stock up on the 5-HTP...
Other things to consider is that the pills should be of the same type, as taking two different pills together increases the chances of something reacting badly and sending you straight to the ER... Make sure the pills are tested, make sure you drink fluids and try to keep your temperature down. Essentially, all the care you normally have to take should be doubled along with the dose...
It's up to you, and it's your body, but if you want my opinion based just on what you've said here I'd personally stick with just one pill... :)
[ 19 June 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

thanks for the answer!!! i have been pilling for a while now ( 6 - 7 months) doing it roughly twice a month if you adveraged it out)... i post and pre load with 5 htp alongside the other vitiams my mum gives me to protect my brain... i would'nt say i have a high tolerance... i mean i can go out and have 2-3 pills and have a unreal time, and then i can go out and have one and still have a unreal time but just not with the intensity...
just over the last month or so i have started to realise that the first pill won't hit me as hard as it normally would... i have been thinking about it for a while and just wanted to make sure i had a close friend ( the guy who suggested it) by my side... i have had the pills before and find them average in strength ( i mean ya know its their but just not the kind of felling to make you go wooooooo!)
anyway, i am not going to dwell on it too much, i will just wait till saturday night to see how i fell and what type of mood i am in....
if there is anyone out there want to share their experiences about their first time double dropping fell free...
Stay cool

Hey there dude,
OK, you remind me a little of me. I have been dropping for about 12 months now, and I can have a great night off 3 pills usually. I would say I only do it once every 6 - 10 weeks though.
I find too that my 1st one usually does not give me that true peak, and only after my 2nd half way through the night to I really peak hard. I usually get good pills too, so it is not a case of bad pills.
Here is my advice, and I agree wholeheartedly with the comments above:
Take your first pill, and after 1 hour exactly, have another half. That's it, then take the other haldf a few hours later, and keep progressing with halves only, but more freqiently you would with whole pills.
I find this brings the first pill up quite hard, and keeps you there mos of the night. But i would not recommend double dropping 2 at the same time, as mentioned, this simply doubles the risks you are taking!
Hope this helps
Cheers
Pendulum

If it's the mad come-up you want just rail it. It hurts like a bitch, but you get used to it. Word of warning don't do it stoned because it feels like someones got a red hot poker and rammed it up you nose, through your brain and back out the top of your skull... or so I've heard.

Originally posted by funkdup:
thanks for the answer!!! i have been pilling for a while now ( 6 - 7 months)
Ummm.. 6-7 months isnt a while mate!!
Be careful out there... Thats probably one of the worst times in the "ecstasy honeymoon"

double drop.... every time i want to get out there.
but trust me you dont want to catch up to JB or I.
many happy returns

my tollerance isnt as bad as jb's but is still pretty crappy. these days i have two pills at once (quality pills like jas, hondas, ? marks etc) and its good but only lasts around 2 - 3 hours then its over. when your honeymoon ends its like a divorce ;) naa its not that bad, i dont get bad comedowns or anything highly negative, i find the positives you get out of a roll isnt worth the recovery time.

Getting into the 'scene' for 6-7 months and the fact that you haven't double dropped is commendable, i never lasted that long ;) .
Double dropping really canes the fuck out of you (assuming you have decent pills), perhaps the best place to do this for your first time is at a house party, or somewhere else more *comfortable* than the modern day crackhouses (raves)? That way you can get as messy as you want and not have to worry about massive jaw wobbles and an inability to walk in public.
If you do DD, give it a few weeks break, your brain will need it.. even with 5htp and all the minerals in the world, attempting choppedness too soon will only result in a waste of money and a sore head.
Enjoy, and play safe :D .

ive been considering double dropping for a while now actually. been dropping for bout 20 months, never had more than 1 pill at once, and never more than 2 and a half in one night. i usually go off 1 and half in a night. i think im going to try 1 and a half at once before i do the full double drop, simply because im afraid my stomach wont handle it...
id wholeheartedly agree with what was said in the above posts, only double drop if you really think you need it, or you really want to experience it, dont do it just cos you were told its mad or cos a mate said to try it. if you roll nicely off 1 pill then there really isnt any need to double those effects, and also, once you experience the greater high, the effects of 1 pill wont be so rewarding.
think about your decisions and enjoy :)

Hmm - gotta be careful when double dropping. I find that if you drop the first one then wait a while and see how you go. If I find I'm not peaking as hard as I'd like then I'll rail another half. I know I'm a small guy so I don't usually need that much, and for me especially double dropping is fraught with much more than double the risk of one.
If you're doing it twice a month for 6 months straight, it might be a good idea to cut down to once a month for a while so that your brain has a chance to recover.

Originally posted by johnboy:
god... it will be my ten year anniversary next year...
Dont talk about it mate, its bad :)
Its my 10 yr anniversary too next year.

I spoke to a guy the other week end who double dropped white sharks. He could move for about 2 hours. He couldn't even open his mouth, it was just locked up. He didn't know what was going on and all his muscles were just tensed up.
But I'm sure he was enjoying it. My opinion is One is good, two is good, but is two twice as good as one. If I get too fucked up it becomes too intense and I don't appreciate it as much.

If you've been using for under a year and are on 2-3 pills a nite. I suggest u either get a new dealer or try changing your drug of choice. personally I cant understand how anyone who uses once or twice a month for less that a year can be tolarant (I have a mate who makes out he is and hes been only using for a year about once or twice a month).
Ive been using for 3 years and are still on one pill a nite. Im guilty of double dipping for starters and mixing them up too. I highly dont recomend it. and careful how u drop. One nite i had 2 n half pills decide to kick in at practically the same time. Id taken a whole one, after just over half an hour a half and nearly an hour after that another half. Yes that was very messy(Ill admit stupid too) and Id been at this rave and had been holding out for a certain act to come on. as soon as the act come on so did the 2 n half pills (I might wanna add it was that 19 hour gc party last year. it was 2am and we'd been there since 1pm) I was ok but I was pretty crook and very fucked up not surprisingly.
The only thing Id double dip is speed bombs. things can get very messy with mdma.

Originally posted by mayday:

Ummm.. 6-7 months isnt a while mate!!
Be careful out there... Thats probably one of the worst times in the "ecstasy honeymoon"

This was something that was I never told about, but it is so true!
That was about the time I tried shelving or putting pills in caps to try and increase the euphoria which was on the decline by then.
By all means enjoy yourself, but be careful. This is where you should to start having a look into why you want to take pills. If it because you feel as if you can't dance without it or are just doing it to feel really loved up, you may (like I did) get addicted to the feeling. Perhaps try taking a step back and try another scene for a little while. You'll enjoy it much more when you come back.
It took a year of just about week in, week out pilling (that included doing the magnesium, 5-htp, multi-vitamin, etc... harm minamisation thing) before I decided to give it an indefinate break. I found myself forever chasing that feeling. And on that final night I was chasing and chasing it, but it never came. The magic was lost.
Treat pills (thanks bdv) with respect . It's a really special experience, so it makes sense to treat it as a special experience. Going overboard will only rob you of that experience later in life.
[ 23 June 2002: Message edited by: Raving Loony ]

Originally posted by mayday:

Dont talk about it mate, its bad :)
Its my 10 yr anniversary too next year.

It's fine!!! Been there, done that and got the T-shirt (actually it says "Mitzubishi Powered" on the front but I guess it probably spells Mitzubishi correctly, unlike me!)
And in all those years I have never double dropped! Well there have been a couple of times when I wasn't paying enough attention to the person telling me how much MDMA powder was in a wrap and ended up snorting 250mg but now I always listen carefully!
Harry

I agree with you harry!
It's technically my tenth year this year, but I have never double dropped. In the last couple of years I sometimes have 1.5 at first, but only if I have tried them before (out of the same batch), and found them to be weakish but extremely clean mdma.
It's only been the last 2-3 years that I even consider taking any more than 1.5 - 2 in a whole night. Even though I would have liked the feeling of more mdma on many occassions, I stopped myself from having more, and I really think that doing so back then is one of the reasons I still get so much out of it today.
There's nothing that special about double dropping, but lots of possible negatives. And don't even think about it unless you have tested all your pills with more than just marquis.

There was a brief period where I was double dropping blue barrels every weekend. The peak was slightly more intense but still did not last very long. I can only peak these days for a max of 1.5 hours, it is very sad. A mate triple dropped Blue barrels one night... never to be done again!