• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pharmacy gave me ritalin rather than Adderrall

DigsdaREELhelphere

Greenlighter
last night my pharmacy gave me ritalin 20mg rather than my typical adderrall 20mg

it was the pharmacy's mistake. I got home, took my "adderrall" but figured the taste and shape was due to it being a different brand that I had never seen before. It wasnt until today that i looked at the bottle, and of course...it says ritalin.

can i take this back? I have already taken 2 out of it. Will they give me my adderraLL BACK? this has never happened to me!

take it back,it's their mistake to issue you the wrong prescription.stuff like this can get them in trouble.how did you not figure it out until youve consumed two already?

Yes, the pharmacy will check their records and likely apologize profusely and give you the correct stuff. The only possible reason to not take it back is that someone might well get fired over this goof.

I'm going to send this to Basic Drug Discussion to see what anyone else knows about this.

Homeless --------------------------------> BDD

^ I don't think it will get to the point caterva mentions...some of the folks on here seem to always suggest extremes. Go back to the pharmacy with the bottle, tell them you checked the bottle today and saw that it was the wrong medication even though you already took some. They may say something like "you should have checked the bottle before leaving the pharmacy" (I ALWAYS do this whenever I pick ANYTHING up, and look in at the pills if I know what they should look like) and then you say you will in the future...they will definitely fix it for you, since you were given the WRONG prescription, and it's their job to give you the right one.

Wow dude, they would be crazy to give you any sort of hard time about this. They could be facing a HUGE lawsuit. What if the wrong meds they gave you made you sick or even killed you? Whoever filled that script is out a job, I can assure you that!

As far as the bottle goes you can say that you just took a couple but scoop out half the bottle if you want before you bring it back to the pharmacy. They will not count. Just put the bottle somewhere before you leave and they will be real apologetic.

Absolutely. Scoop out some of the pills and then take it back and get your addrall too. They will gladly give you the right med.

I wouldn't scoop out the pills and keep them, if the pharmacy staff are jerks they will notice and notify your doctor about it.

But yes, take them back. They are legally obligated to give you the correct medication, it was their fuck up and not yours.

Shouldn't be an issue at all. Return to the pharmacy and they should remedy this issue ASAP. This is their mistake, not yours. However, please be more aware of your meeds in the future. Even meds of different brand names should still be very similar to the brand you bare used to. Inquire to your pharmacist whether it is safe to return to your normal dose of your medication at your next administration time. There can be some very dangerous reactions with certain meds so make sure you are on top of your meds. But to clarify, there should be absolutely no issue with bringing the Ritalin back to get your real prescription.

Have a good one:)

know that they might check their electronic records and do a pill count. not doubting you, but it would be quite awkward and felonious if they realize that ritalin did not come from them.

what a huge fuck up. that's crazy.

I went to get my adderall filled the other day and was informed that there was a nation wide shortage. My doctor usually gives me 2 months at a time so I dont have to keep coming into the office. I am not sure if that is why the gave you the ritlin or not, but you have patient rights and they need to fix it. You can file a complaint with the pharmacy licensing agency or licensing board. I am not sure you have legal remedies that are wroth pursuing
On a side note, I think the pharmacy would be willing to work with you and give you a discount of some sort or something. A legal claim is probably not worth pursuing since you caught the mistake in time.

I was reading what was being said woh It was a simple mistake I don't see a huge problem anyone could do it is ritalin bad for you if you've been taking adderall?

Wow dude, they would be crazy to give you any sort of hard time about this. They could be facing a HUGE lawsuit. What if the wrong meds they gave you made you sick or even killed you? Whoever filled that script is out a job, I can assure you that!

I once saw on this episode of medical misteries about this young kid that was all of a sudden getting very geting sick and they didnt know why. It turned out the pharmacy gave him fucking methadone of all drugs instead of his rittalin. He was continuing to take it because his mom was too stupid to check the the pills and he was too young to know. By the time they found out it was too late; very sad story

Too late? You mean the kid died from an overdose?

Whoever said they get 2 months of Adderall your lucky. I have to go visit him every month for my Adderall. My doctor wouldn't want to miss my monthly paycheck and give me refills.