• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switching from Tramadol to DHC/Codeine

t2theony

Greenlighter
Hey guys... im currently taking tramadol 50mg 3 times a day. I also take klonopin everyday for panic disorder (.25mg 3x a day). lately it seems like the good feelings and pain relief from tramadol have been replaced with feelings of being extremely anxious and jittery and i dont like it. ive read that many people feel this way with tramadol so therefore my question...

Ive been thinking about switching from trams to Codeine or DHC permanently but i have some questions about both drugs...

1. Tramadol lasts me about 8 hours b4 i need to redose... so ABOUT (cuz i know its different with each person) how long will the Codeine last and how long will the DHC last? will i need to dose more often due to half life? does DHC last longer than codeine or is it just stronger?

2. If i go with DHC about much would be equipotent to 50mg of tramadol? i know that codeine is sposed to be equal to tramadol mg for mg so that part im not worried about unless someone chimes in and tells me that theres a difference with the effects due to one being a pro drug and the other being a TRUE opiate.

3. Will whichever i choose (codeine or DHC) be safe to take with my klonopin? i think they will seeing as how im gonna keep everything to therapeutic doses cuz im not so much looking to get high here as looking to get away from the anxiety i believe the tramadol is causing, but i wanna be sure.

Thanx for any responses guys! i truly appreciate all the help ive found on the site!