• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid? never tried

yo0123yo

Bluelighter
So I have tried hydrocodone, methadone, and oxy...my buddy has a couple of 4mg tablets..my question is how is the high and what's the best way to take it? I don't do IV.. thanks

^Agreed.

Snorting and plugging are the way to go if you don't want to do the IV route.

Eating them is a waste of your valuable hydromorphone. Snorting is the easiest way to do it.

Start off small then work your way up...redosing when it comes to snorting really isn't a problem

It depends on your opiate tolerance. For a non-tolerant person, it is always best to start low and work your way up, gauging your reaction to the hydromorphone. Since you have 4mg tablets, break them in half and then break that half into another half so you have about a quarter of a pill, which gives you ~1mg. Snort that and see how you feel. Hydromorphone is a potent opiate, even when snorted, so around 1mg may be all you need.

However, if you have an opiate tolerance you probably wouldn't feel to much, or maybe nothing at all, with that 1mg starter dose.

Yes, tolerance is the key here. If you have a high tolerance to opioids, then a couple of 4 mg dilaudids will be nothing since you don't IV. But if your tolerance is low, then snorting them would probably have you feeling nice.

Hydromorphone is one of those opioids that sucks unless its IV'd. It's the same with heroin/morphine, oxymorphone, and meperidine/pethidine (Demerol). If you don't IV, stick to the codeine family - hydrocodone or oxycodone.

Leave the morphine family for the big boys.

I've never IVed anything and hydromorphone is still one of my favorite opiates (right up there with buprenorphine, morphine and methadone) when snorted. I know its much more powerful when IVed, but I'm quite happy with doing it intranasal and the OP should be too from what I can tell. :)

It depends on your opiate tolerance. For a non-tolerant person, it is always best to start low and work your way up, gauging your reaction to the hydromorphone. Since you have 4mg tablets, break them in half and then break that half into another half so you have about a quarter of a pill, which gives you ~1mg. Snort that and see how you feel. Hydromorphone is a potent opiate, even when snorted, so around 1mg may be all you need.

However, if you have an opiate tolerance you probably wouldn't feel to much, or maybe nothing at all, with that 1mg starter dose.

So I just snorted 4mg of the hydromorphone within about 20 min and feel a bit different but idk...about how long after snorting am I supposed to feel it? And I have a pretty high opiate tolerance I've had methadone, oxy(60mg at a time)...and also if I snorted 4mg within the next half hour would that be bad or is that a pretty high dose to do 8mg?

So I just snorted 4mg of the hydromorphone within about 20 min and feel a bit different but idk...about how long after snorting am I supposed to feel it? And I have a pretty high opiate tolerance I've had methadone, oxy(60mg at a time)...and also if I snorted 4mg within the next half hour would that be bad or is that a pretty high dose to do 8mg?

no 8mg isnt that bad of a dose..they make them in 8mg pills too

My first time trying hydromorphone was snorting an 8mg pill, I don't really have a tolerance and I felt amazing.

Snorting it is the best way to go. You don't get the rush that you get with IV dilaudid thast is so amazing but so so short and so so addictive but you still get plenty high and it lasts longer then IVing it. And this is coming from a person who's fav drug is possibly IV dilaudid :\

Crappy opiate high IMO, unless you bang it...awesome rush.

Yeah right. Try snorting two red 30mg HydromorphContins or 2 24's. Felt stronger than most Heroin I have every tried. I don't bang shit either. But I have a huge tolerance to opiates & benzodiazepines. And sometimes I even get nodding after snorting just 12mg of Hydromorphone. It's not a weak drug by any means. It blows Morphine out of water, Bar NONE.

Yeah right. Try snorting two red 30mg HydromorphContins or 2 24's. Felt stronger than most Heroin I have every tried. I don't bang shit either. But I have a huge tolerance to opiates & benzodiazepines. And sometimes I even get nodding after snorting just 12mg of Hydromorphone. It's not a weak drug by any means. It blows Morphine out of water, Bar NONE.

Ya the high is alot better then morphine and so is the kick from IVing it but unlike morphine dilaudid is all rush no legs. It dies off very quicky and ive been to the point where id go into withdrawal less then 6 hours after my last shot of dilaudid. With morphine i can go a pretty long time without a dose before i'll start to get sick.

Hence why some people refer to dilaudid as the crack of opiates.

To each their own man...if i had the chance to be *effed up* on any opiate of my choosing...hydromorphone would be near the bottom of the chart. Again that is strictly snorting...banging...hydromorphone would be near the top...if not in first place

Love me some oxycodone or oxymorphone

Ya the high is alot better then morphine and so is the kick from IVing it but unlike morphine dilaudid is all rush no legs. It dies off very quicky and ive been to the point where id go into withdrawal less then 6 hours after my last shot of dilaudid. With morphine i can go a pretty long time without a dose before i'll start to get sick.

Hence why some people refer to dilaudid as the crack of opiates.

The high is not better than morphine. The rush is better, but not the high.
Morphine is heroin, chemically. Heroin is just a faster acting form of morphine. The hydromorphone rush is better than any IV opiate I've tried, but nothing is better than the morphine/heroin high.

Hydromorphone has a quick rush that is incredible and then nothing. You're high for an half hour to an hour max. IV Morphine/heroin is the ultimate opiate, hands down.

bang it. its the only way w dilaudid. sad to say.......

ok....dont really do it like that if you never have. but it is amazing lol.