• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

dexedrine to xanax ratio?

sarahsweets

Bluelighter
I am presribed both but always took them far apart. I'm thinking that the xanax would help the side effects from dex. Should I take them together or one after the other? Which one would you recommend first? I'm just looking for nice synergy but I am not obviously grasping the concept. Thanks. Sarah

The synergy its awesome. I always do Concertas and Klonopin at the same time. Dexedrine should me similar but better. The xanax its useful for the comedown too.

That combination is quite a nice one.

My usual ratio is 0.5mg lorazepam (about 0.25mg alprazolam/Xanax) per 10-15mg of Dexedrine.

As far as when to take them, alprazolam is a bit shorter-acting than dextroamphetamine so your best bet is to take the Xanax an hour or so after the Dexedrine kicks in. You may have to re-dose depending on how long the Dexedrine lasts (varies depending on the person, body chemistry, etc). I'm assuming you're also going to want to have the Xanax in your system for the Dex comedown, so keep that in mind.

Another option is use to use Xanax XR or a different benzo that's longer-acting than Xanax.