• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you function when on meth?

Phuket

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

How many of you who have tried meth could manage it? It messes me up everytime I do it. But I know few guys who have been using for 10-15 years and they look / act normal, have jobs, houses, wifes, etc.

Is it like some people just can't stomach meth or is it a question of experience?

regards

I haven't heard of many 10-15 year meth addicts who act normal (especially this), have jobs, homes, families, etc. Stats here in the US say that a hardcore meth addicts life expectancy is 5 years.

Yes you can function on it for a while before it's behavioral effects begin to become noticeable (paranoia, anger, temper outbursts, etc). Even before that happens, the physical effects will become obvious. You will lose a lot of weight very fast, which will have people thinking "how the hell did he/she lose so much weight so quickly"? Also, the clenching of you jaws will be noticeable and your dilated pupils and your eyes will always be wide open.

You can get away with meth abuse only for so long before people begin to notice (a few months at the most).

^agreed.though it might be possible,its very,very difficult.you cant get high every day,more like dosing bits to make it through the day.but who the fuck has that amount of control anyway?personally,i dont know of any totally normal methheads,and i sure cant handle daily use without going on long binges.

never had a problem with it but rarely use it to get high or binge. it tends to chill me out quite a bit so i can focus.. Very productive/functional when i use, tho i have ADD so it's quite therapeutic (more effective than D-amp)

you probably haven't heard of functional users cause all the media ever talk about is addicts. i personally don't know anyone addicted to meth that way.. not that they don't exist, but they certainly aren't the majority

never had a problem with it but rarely use it to get high or binge. it tends to chill me out quite a bit so i can focus.. Very productive/functional when i use, tho i have ADD so it's quite therapeutic (more effective than D-amp)

you probably haven't heard of functional users cause all the media ever talk about is addicts. i personally don't know anyone addicted to meth that way.. not that they don't exist, but they certainly aren't the majority

The ones that function normally on it are the ones prescribed it for narcolepsy or ADD/ADHD and take it the way it's prescribed.

The ones that abuse it and take massive quantities and continue to increase dosage as tolerance goes up go right down the path that all meth heads go through. It's a perverted, disgusting, and disturbing subculture.

^Apparently. I don't associate with that crowd and don't know much about it. I do know people who use, but it isn't a habitual/regular activity for them and they all hold down jobs, bills etc..

Just saying a lot of people use meth occasionally but few use it regularly.. just like any other stimulant. The fact that meth is stigmatized doesn't help its image but it certainly doesn't point to anything sinister about the drug, as the media would have everyone believe

No one thinks twice about doing coke or becoming a cokehead tho

^Apparently. I don't associate with that crowd and don't know much about it. I do know people who use, but it isn't a habitual/regular activity for them and they all hold down jobs, bills etc..

Just saying a lot of people use meth occasionally but few use it regularly.. just like any other stimulant. The fact that meth is stigmatized doesn't help its image but it certainly doesn't point to anything sinister about the drug, as the media would have everyone believe

No one thinks twice about doing coke or becoming a cokehead tho

Yes, I bet there are a lot of people that use meth on weekends only or only on occasion. But meth is different from coke, meth does have a very insidious quality to it.
It changes a persons personality, it takes away all feelings - hardcore meth heads are devoid of feelings and emotions. Feelings, intelligence and emotions are what make humans so unique and special among all animals. Methamphetamine takes that away - it leaves you emotionless, shameless, and completely unpredictable.

It destroys you, mind and body.

Personally i find cocaine somewhat addictive, but not meth

YMMV :)

Personally i find cocaine somewhat addictive, but not meth

YMMV :)

I highly disagree. My drug of choice is heroin/morphine, but I found the euphoric effects of methamphetamine to be even greater (not by much, but still greater). The feeling of power, superiority, confidence, invincibility, and disinhibition was amazing. That accompanied by great energy, a hard beating heart, and increase in libido was amazing.

Cocaine can't even compare.

It changes a persons personality, it takes away all feelings - hardcore meth heads are devoid of feelings and emotions. Feelings, intelligence and emotions are what make humans so unique and special among all animals. Methamphetamine takes that away - it leaves you emotionless, shameless, and completely unpredictable.

It does, but not to all people. It changes me completely from a quiet nerdy guy into an annoying, perverted idiot who never shuts up. But some guys manage to stay normal somehow. Maybe long-term users learn to think straight while being high or something, idk

And I have never touched meth until I moved to Thailand. The place is FILLED with it :-/

Yes, I heard its big in Southeast Asia, especially in Thailand. You guys call it Ya-ba down there, right?

I hear men in Thailand take it to work long hours so they can make more money. Then take illicit nimetazepam or temazepam for sleep.

It's a horrible drug, the worst ever in my honest opinion.

Yes, I heard its big in Southeast Asia, especially in Thailand. You guys call it Ya-ba down there, right?

I hear men in Thailand take it to work long hours so they can make more money. Then take illicit nimetazepam or temazepam for sleep.

It's a horrible drug, the worst ever in my honest opinion.

Yabba is in tablet form (meth mixed with caffeine and what not) - cheap
Ice is crystal meth - expensive

It's crazy down here: you ask for weed, they offer you crystal meth instead. They even crash meth into powder and sell it as cocaine sometimes - that's how I got introduced to it :(

And for sleep you can buy valium, xanax, etc. in any pharmacy here without any subscription.

I could never function in normal society on meth. I am obviously on edge and my eyes look really intense when im high. Plus I cant eat and do not shut up for anything. I'm definetly a downer person. Cocaine is okay on occasion but i prefer opiates and marijuana.

i functioned in a high level corporate job for 3yrs before meth brough me down. and then it wasn't so much much being spun up at work as it was missing as much work as i was missing during the day.

to a certaing degree, my ability to work 24x7 was considered a valuable asset.

i also had the benefit of being a relatively high level manager, and could set my own schedule mostly as i pleased.

even though i lost scary amounts of weight no one cared. there's tons of drugs being done in high level corporate america anyway.

ultimately, though, i lost the ability to think, to remember, to exercise common sense, to manage my people in a way that inspired trust.

the way to manage on meth in society is to take what i call the "pissed off rich white guy approach". you drive a suitably nice car, wear suitably nice clothes, and act like any cop who pulls you over is this close to getting sued just because i'm a privileged asshole seems to really work. so many times i had paraphernalia and quantities on me and no one dared do anything other than let me on my way.

eventually, after enough meth experience, your eyes no longer dilate, and you learn to regulate your body to appear normal.

its not a fun life, don't get me wrong. its running on borrowed time, unless you got a hustle going.

for me, it ended by being RIF'ed. Which was long overdue for me, but i was senior enough that it was the polite thing to do. they paid me a big ass check to walked and never look back, and i did.

now, had i been straight the whole time.... holy cow, my career would be en fuego. wish i never met meth. haven't touched it in years now. never intend to again.

I highly disagree. My drug of choice is heroin/morphine, but I found the euphoric effects of methamphetamine to be even greater (not by much, but still greater). The feeling of power, superiority, confidence, invincibility, and disinhibition was amazing. That accompanied by great energy, a hard beating heart, and increase in libido was amazing.

Cocaine can't even compare.

Well opiates give me energy and stims calm me down so i'm probably not a good example to go by ;)

I function fine on meth, i just get kindof anxious, as all uppers make me.

Besides possibly talking to much a drive around interact in public and private twisted off on tweak whenever I'm binging for days on end. Isn't difficult for me...

I use to smoke meth and work at dollar general and people never said anything to me.

I have never done meth (except maybe once, I was sold some stimulant other than coke while caping in the hood), but I can manage my d-amphetamine very well. The thought of doing it every day makes me want to puke.

I'm assuming this is because I am ADHD and stimulants are more medicinal to me than they are euphoric. I have no interest in trying meth since I already have what I need to be productive, but my guess would be that those who can handle meth are ADHD and not prone to stimulant addiction, due to a poor euphoria to side effect ratio. They use it purely for the purpose of production, and do not take it in their down time.

I could imagine my d-amphetamine wreaking havoc on somebody who is not ADHD. Shit is way more powerful and euphoric than any cocaine I have ever had, and I have had some of the best cocaine in the world.