Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hydrocodone in Aus

scottEboy

Bluelighter
Here plenty of discussion in other drugs forum about this drug, but I'm starting to have my doubts about its availability in Aus land. Is it available and what is its brand name. Should have no prob getting script as do have good medical reasons for decent pain killers????

Hey,this is one of the first questions i asked on here :)
Anyway,no hydrocodone isn't available in oz.It used to be in a cough syrup called Hycomine but it was discontinued in 1998.
At the time i also asked about oxycontin,and everyone said i'd never see it due to its scheduling(s 8) ,well i did get it after ALOT of effort,only to get crappy 5mg tabs.
It was nice just not worth the effort when doctors are alot more inclined to hand out Morphine Sulphate.
I had to actually ask for Endone when the doctor i'd worked was intending to give me MS.It all worked out well though and i'd still be getting prescribed OC except i was banned from all the doctors surgery's in my local area :(
The temptation of paying $3.50 for my drugs is too strong ;) .....what a fucking tangent...sorry :)

Nope, you can't get it in any Over The Counter meds.
Oxycontin/Oxycodone are around in Australia. 80mg (and maybe 160mg?) time release tablets are given out on prescription.
Unless you have a really REALLY good reason, you won't get this one. It's usually only for people who are VERY sick, extreme pain, terminally ill and such. There is very little chance of finding it on the street unless you know a pharmacist, or a friend who is on the stuff.
If by some chance you do get a hold of it. I would advise against railing more than 80mg at once, and do not mix it with any other drugs. 20-40mg is fun. More than that, be prepared to lay eyes closed on the couch for 6+ hours. 80mg starts to get dodgey, body functions slow down to a dangerous level. 100mg (and probably less) has been known to put people into a coma. Be very careful.
And if you're not used to opiates, be prepared for some hardcore vomit action. It can also be pretty addictive. So if you get a whole pack, be careful about getting tempted into having more the next day.
I'm sure you have already seen it, but for anyone else, check out the OxyContin FAQ.
Happy couch laying,
gleep
[ 14 June 2002: Message edited by: gleep ]

OMG do not take anywhere near 80mg your first time! ever!!
40mg snorted is enough to kill an oxycontin virgin.
Start 20mg people.
And the 160mg pills aren't in production anymore, so you won't see them around.

I've only managed to see 5mg Oxycodone tabs on prescription here... MS Contin seems pretty common though.
Does anybody know if they have Hydrocodone cough syrup here on prescription or in hospital dispensaries?

Hydrocodone does not appear in the Australian version of the MIMS, which means there is no proprietary brand available. I have no idea whether hospitals can compound their own, but unless you were a hospital inpatient it's hardly relevant.

The closest thing to hydrocodone in cough syrup in Australia is another, milder opiate product called Rikodeine - which contains dihydrocodeine tartrate, which is similar in action to codeine but about twice as potent in terms of dosage. It is available over the counter in most states, however is S3, meaning you need the pharmacists advice before purchasing.
Check out this link for further info:
Codeine Information

There is a cough medicine I bought around Feb or so, without a prescription, at a local chemist which contained dihydrocodeine and i think some sort of benzoate, however it wasn't exactly OTC. They made me sign something, and show my license etc.. I do not have the name, I posted to Health Q & A a question about it, but that post has since been pruned.
To get it all I said was that I have been having violent coughs (and I was) for many days and cannot sleep because of it. Weird thing was that when I got the bottle, it said Prescription medicine, and my name on it. Although i did not go to any doctor at all, and chemists cannot write scripts can they ?

It would most likely be Rikodeine. As a cough suppressant it is generally used as a last resort due to its possibility of being abused. It containes approx. 200mg of dihydrocodeine, which is equal to about 400mg of normal codeine. The reason why you had to give them your name and address etc is due to its scheduling - it is generally used only in prescriptions, however you still can get it from the pharamacist if they think its necessary.

dihydrocodeine is also available over the counter in a pain killer called codex ...double the strength?? that kinda explains last nights omg I cant move or open my eyes feeling, nice to know NOW!!!!!!

Yeah i stumbled across that Codex aswell but didnt attempt using it in the extraction process because it used soluble aspirin. Is this the same one you used scottEboy? Did you extract?

I think the original question has now been answered, and the conversation is getting a little too detailed for my liking. scottEboy and twonk: feel free to continue this discussion via email... :)