• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is wrong with me?

allecw

Bluelighter
I wasn't sure where to post this. It is drug related so I figured I would post it here. Everyone here seems pretty intelligent so maybe some of you guys can shed some light on what could be wrong with me.

I have been an opiate addict for about three years. Always oxy. In just last year I went to a sub doc and was put on 32mg Subutex a day. I only took like 0.5-1mg at a time though. So I saved up a lot of pills.

For some reason the only way I can take Subutex and it not totally knock me on my ass I have to snort it. I know it's supposed to be stronger when snorted but for me it seems a little weaker. When I took 4mg subs sublingually I was on my ass for like two days! Even when I took like 0.5mg sublingually it would make me very drowsy and out of it. Yet when I snorted it I felt fine. Not high but just normal. It helped with my anxiety and depression too.

So in November I start to feel just overall ill. Not completely sick but I had no energy no motivation to do anything. Around this same time I also could not have bowel movements any longer without taking an enema.

In December I continued to feel crappy. Still could not use the bathroom. My depression and anxiety completely skyrocketed!

My depression feels weird too. I have never been depressed like this before. I feel all spaced out and disoriented. I have absolutely no emotions also. I feel nothing. I feel numb. I don't know how to explain it but my head feels detached from my body.

I have also been taking Klonopin for the last couple of years for anxiety. 1mg a day. I would only take it at night time and never during the day yet when all this happened I actually started to need my Klonopin. It didn't help my depression at all. It actually worsens it a little actually although it can sometimes take away the disoriented feeling. Yet in the past few weeks it has completely stopped working for my anxiety. No matter how much I take it doesn't calm me down. I know I have built up a tolerance but even when I take more it doesn't help now.

So in January I started taking Milk of Magnesia for my constipation. It actually worked pretty well. Yet after a month of taking it on and off I started to get left sided pain and terrible bloating pains. Now I get pains on both sides. I thought it was my kidneys when I first got the pains. I have been to the emergency room a couple of times and they say it's not my kidneys and I'm fine.

I'm never hungry and always feel disoriented and anxious. I can't even explain it. I feel like I need to be committed to a mental hospital. I feel like I'm barely keeping it together. I'm always sick feeling also. I feel like I have lost my cognitive abilities. I rarely can just sit down and watch tv or anything. I can't concentrate or anything.

There is no escape for how I feel! I feel like I'm trapped in a broken body!

Could I just be going through some pretty severe depression and anxiety? I can't even explain how bad the depression is. That's why I think there might be something worse wrong with me. The depression just doesn't feel right. I feel like I have ms or something. Like I have brain damage.

I have tried exercising and taking vitamins yet every day I feel worse then the day before. I can barely eat. Last week I went on a vacation and I felt terrible the whole time. Nothing comes close to making me happy or even normal feeling.

I used to take celexa for depression and I am thinking of starting that again but I am so scared of the initial side effects. The way I feel right now those side effects could push me over the edge. I always feel like I'm just one step away from completely losing it.

I can't afford to go to a doctor and talk about any of this so that's out of the question.

I recently stated taking more Subutex but that was in January after a lot of symptoms have already started.

Could it be that I am sniffing my Subs? Like I am having some terrible inner ear reaction to sniffing my subs? I have always had terrible motion sickness and suspected that I had an inner ear problem before any of this. This is all I can think of. Maybe I could try to take my subs sublingually. I feel a little stupid for not trying this yet but when I took them sublingually before they put me out for a couple of days. Now I probably have a much higher tolerance to them though and I hope they slushy knock me out. If it means anything I rarely feel the crop in the back of my throat when I sniff my subs. I have also been using afrin on and off the last couple of months.

So what's everyones opinion to what's going on with me. I know it's hard to say after just reading the little bit I typed here. I also am completely alone and have nobody to talk about any of this to. The only thing my family thinks is I'm sick.

As of right now I am either extremely needs to be committed to a hospital depressed or I have a medical condition that's causing all of this. Like I said I have only been looked at by emergency room docs. I also paid for a basic health, thyroid, and h pylori blood test. All normal except for slightly high cholesterol. The only physical symptoms I have is left side pain. Sometimes I feel it on bot sides. I think that's just bloating from the milk of magnesia.

So any ideas?

allecw i aint no dr but it sounds like youve had a underlying phychological problem in the first place and opiates have become your lifes blood if you like and maybe subconciously you know there something deeper going on we all know about the fucking opiate cycle we get caught in but if its aggrivatring a underlying issue see your dr. cause it could be a case of which came first the chicken or the egg and before you know it there will be only one thing to blame then your options are limited i had underlying OCD and AD H D as well as a opiate addiction but somethings cant be medicated with our pals the opiates hope that helped be good.

I agree I starting using the opiates to cover up my own mental problems.

Whatever that was originally wrong with me opiates completely cured though!

The only reason I decided t get off oxy and onto the subs was because I could no longer afford my habit. Also I was very up and down when I was taking my oxy. Living my life in two hours of bliss and then hours of waiting to take my next dose.

I figured subs would more or less stabilize me and give me a little of that opiate warmth. Which it did do at the beginning.

Sometimes when I think of what's wrong with me I figure it can't be that bad because when I take Oxy I feel completely normal. So I assume my mental problems can't be that bad right.

It's just every time I go off opiates I seem to lose all emotions and all cognitive albilities. Not the withdrawal either. I mean after that I feel completely crazy no matter how long I'm off opiates.

I have been researching mental disorders a lot lately and I have found a few that I could have. It seems most say treat with an ssri. Which I have been on before.

Actually all of my mental problems started to get really bad a couple of years ago when I just stopped taking my celexa. I couldn't handle the weight gain and sexual side effects. I went through a terrible discontinuation syndrome and haven't been right since unless I'm on a strong opiate.

I have tried to go back to the celexa and not had the same success as before.

Like you say though I am Sure that I have some underlying mental condition that is not being treated although what I'm feeling right now feels worse than any depression I have ever felt. I literally feel like I'm going insane. I am also a terrible hypochondriac so that doesn't help matters much.

In these last few months I have had
Ms
Kidney failure
Liver failure
Hypothyroidism
Lupus
Hypermagnesia
Bain cancer
Colon cancer
And many other things.....

My biggest mental problem that I know of is hypochondria but that can't be the only thing that is causing me to feel the way I do now. I also have a social avoidance disorder of some kind. It's just whenever I take oxycodone all of that goes away and I feel like what I think everybody else feels like if only for a couple of hours.