• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

smoking dmt during w/d

ch1nawhite

Bluelighter
hello, ive been doing 60mgs of oxycodone daily for about 1-1.5 years. now when i wake up to no oxycodone, i get very sick. im use to dosing within the first 5-10 minutes i wake up (5-9am ; 30mgs), and after work (i get home AT 6, take a shower, and dose around 6:05 ; 30mgs) So what im wondering is, when i get home today (be very sick), would i be able to smoke dmt, a successfully breakthrough and have a good dmt trip, without any negative effects from withdrawl? i know i will obviously feel like SHIT when im loading the pipe with it, but will i feel the withdrawl during my dmt breakthrough, and after? i know dmt makes you feel pretty euphoric when your coming down, but will it seize my withdrawl pain and aches for a while, at least for me to enjoy the trip and afterglow? ive only smoked dmt twice in my life, and that was yesterday at 2:30, and 4:00. i do NOT think i broke through either time, because i still knew where i was, who i was around, i just couldnt understand most of what people were saying around me, and everybodys face dissapeared, and everything looked really square. the room got small, everyone became squared (their legs were rectangle, along with their squared heads, torso and arms.) their faces were gone, but i still knew what was going on. same with the 2nd time. evreything obviously looked different, but i knew i was in my room. nobody on tv had faces, and i heard the charlie brown voice "wahh wahh wahh wahh". i didnt get 'catapulted' into another dimension or anything, my vision and audibles just got fucked for 10 minutes.

MY NEXT use of dmt (tonight), will be a breakthrough. i really hope its different and enjoyable tonight, or i will loose all respect and expectations for dmt. but all i really want to know, am i going to enjoy my trip? am i going to still feel dope sick during and shortly after my trip? id like to feel fine for this experience. Thanks for reading my waaay to long post

if your goingh through oxy withdrawl then using a strong psychedelic like DMT will likely lead to a very unpleasant overly intense trip.

Withdrawal will no doubt negatively effect your trip.. Why not just take your dose of oxycodone before you smoke the DMT? Withdrawal + DMT sounds like hell to me.

I'm with these guys, don't take a psychedelic during withdrawals, set and setting, well, your set and setting is not good, your trip won't be good.

If you're absolutely set on tripping on DMT, I would take the amount of oxycodone (or another opiate) that you need to not be in withdrawal.

Another vote against it, and this is coming from a guy who has eaten a good dose of mushrooms the day of a nasty break up... Luckily, I worked through my issues while tripping, but withdrawal isn't something you work out in your head; It is a physical problem stemming from you altering your brain's chemistry too quickly.

People often trip on ayahuasca or ibogaine while WDing. I think these trips are generally pretty unpleasant, but can help people work through their addiction issues.

I definitely wouldn't trip during WDs unless I felt that I couldn't quit using without ibogaine or ayahuasca. I don't know if smoked DMT would help in a similar way or not, but it would almost definitely be a very unpleasant trip.

Since you aren't trying to quit using opioids, i would definitely save the DMT for later. It'll be much better later, and since you aren't experienced with it you shouldn't do it in such bad circumstances.