• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tachyphylaxis from GABAergics or bunk benzo pills?

reggiee

Greenlighter
I have a history of alcohol abuse, though never diagnosed dependent. Stopped drinking cold turkey many years ago.

My experience with benzos for anxiety and insomnia:

Took #100 10 mg diazepam over the course of about 3 weeks, no major effects or blackouts. Overall, disappointed that I experienced little to no euphoria, just helped sleep mostly. After running out, took a 2 week break.

After the break, currently taking Kpins and Xanax bars over 3 weeks, moderate to high doses mostly for sleep, with 4 full days stopping intermittently during this time. Dosage ranging from 2 mg to 4 mg per day, usually at night for sleep.

Finally said fuck it and took ~8 mg Alprazolam to see if these are bunk pills (not sure of source). Experienced anxiolytic effects, mild sedation. Diphenhydramine and cimetidine were even used to potentiate, providing slight hypnotic effects.

Is this likely a case of tachyphalyxis due to previous alcohol binges from years ago? It seems like my tolerance is shooting up way too fast and I intend to take a long break. Another possibility is bunk pills from a questionable source. Based on my short history, and a ludicrous 8 mg Xanax dose doing far less than expected,

Is it likely tachyphalaxys from previous GABAergic (alcohol from many years ago) exposure or perhaps a crappy source? Or my metabolism simply adapts too quickly? Maybe sucks to be me which can be a good thing because it doesn't really seem worth it and may may never develop a dependence. Just curious what opinions on BL are for my case. Btw, I'm a slim guy, roughly 155 lbs, don't smoke or do any other drugs. Thanks for taking time to read and I appreciate any replies.

I favor the theory that the pills are not that potent. Tachyphylaxis to benzos from alcohol abuse years ago does not seem likely to me.

I'm going to try Basic Drug Discussion for ideas on this. Please be careful with these high doses especially if you stat using a different batch.

Homeles------------------------------>BDD

Agree with Enki, tachyphylaxis to benzos from alcohol abuse years ago is extremely unlikely. I think the doses you are taking are way too high and tolerance is building up quickly. Remember tolerance to benzodiazepines develops very, very rapidly. So I would take a break and then start over by taking smaller doses of the benzos.

The doses you are taking are very high and not good for you.

Thanks for the feedback and I do realize long term use or high doses can/will lead to cognitive impairment. I think stopping for at least a month and testing 0.5 mg dosage is sensible. Then perhaps using only as needed, ideally no more than twice a week at therapeutic dose of 0.5 to 1 mg since I believe what I have are likely lower potency.