• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are some of the side effects of Bath Salts?

vintersjel

Greenlighter
Hello, I did 3 packets of .25gram Silverback Bath Salts (not all at once). When i came down my neck and back hurt severely. My breathing is short and shallow (I also have Asthma). And now i have a severe dry cough that has persisted for 1 1/2 days now, everytime i cough it feels like my head is gonna explode, barely next to no phlegm is coming up with the dry cough. It also sets off a gag reflex with some coughs. Any advice or opinions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I really don't know anything about bath salts- but if you have asthma and are having trouble breathing, and all of these other negative issues for this amount of time, you should probably contact a medical professional.

You know, I think I'm going to move this to BDD-
I understand you are needing help - I think ppl there may know more about this than you will find in TDS so we will give that a try..........
BDD staff, feel free to move this back if need be.

It's difficult to say what the side effects of bath salts are because the active ingredients are generally unknown or at the very least not always consistent.

I would guess the breathing problems are the snorted powder exacerbating your preexisting condition, and vasoconstriction can result in very sore muscles (especially neck) and headaches.

The coughing head-exploding problem sounds like either dehydration or persisting vasoconstriction. I'd say drink lots of water.

Well alrighty guys and gals.....this is a short follow-up to this thread. I went to the Hospital today to have this checked out and lo and behold my symptoms had absolutely nothing to do with the comedown off of Bath Salts. I have been diagnosed with Bronchitis....lol. And here I was all worried and stressed out that it was something much much worse.

Bath salts a type of legal high containing research chemicals (Like mephedrone and MDPV).

Indeed.

Good to know you're okay OP. If you are going to continue snorting bath salts I would recommend dissolving them in a small amount of water first to help protect your lungs.

Can't help but picture a cop asking "What are we high on tonight" and you go like "Bath salts" =D

a cop really wouldnt be surprised at all id imagine. bath salts are going around alot these days

I said something similar to a paramedic once, after a mild MDPV psychosis and I thought the problem was physical. They're like "what drug did you do?" "MDPV". "What's that?" "Have you heard about the bath salt thing on the news?" "Noooooooo..."

Pfft. They were reluctant even to take my blood pressure. I wouldn't tell 'em where the drug was in the house, they said I looked fine but appeared to be hallucinating and were like "do you want us to leave you alone now?"

Yep, get the fuck out of here.

Say the word "drugs" around most medical types and suddenly the dog in the living room is the one sick. To hell with 'em.

Last edited:
Well alrighty guys and gals.....this is a short follow-up to this thread. I went to the Hospital today to have this checked out and lo and behold my symptoms had absolutely nothing to do with the comedown off of Bath Salts. I have been diagnosed with Bronchitis....lol. And here I was all worried and stressed out that it was something much much worse.

I know a guy who got into bath salts and he developed Bronchitis ...It also fucked up his sleeping pattern for weeks and messed up his face ...pimples and shit

Bath salts = No good:X

I myself have tried the bath salts ...and was up for 2days ...Not fun

It is not like coke ...More like Meth

Vascular Constriction (which is very uncomfortable),
Rapid Heart Beat,
High Blood Pressure,
Coldness in the Extremities,
Dry Mouth,
Dysphoria,
Dehydration,
Insomnia,
Anxiety/Panic Attacks,

To name a few...

Honestly don't bother with stimulants sold as "bath salts". They're overpriced for one, and second of all the euphoria only usually lasts about 30 minutes before its over, and then you just feel like shit.