Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Portlandia

ocean

Bluelight Crew
tumblr_lhjr0nGtXV1qcagm7o1_500.png

I have fallen in love with Portlandia!

I did a search and couldn't believe no one had started a thread on it yet!!

Does anyone else watch?

tumblr_lh7vquCiTz1qzon5xo1_500.gif

yeah yeah pretty awesome show and a pretty spot on satire of the whole "Portland" vibe. IFC has great comedy skit shows; also "the whitest kids u know" and "Mr Show" of course are my other faves. I did enjoy the adult hide and seek league skit, i wish that was real, seems like my kind of sport

love it, waiting for That Guy to show up or my old house nextdoor to those assholes who think urban farming is the shit

Now, why on earth didn't I think to start this thread?.

So far I've only seen clips of it, and it seems fairly amusing. But then, I was always a huge Sleater-Kinney fan (and now Wild Flag of course) so I'm somewhat biased when it comes to these things. Carrie's certainly been a busy girl since Sleater-Kinney went on a hiatus, so kudos to her. I just hope this airs in the UK cuz I've never been one for downloading shiz (I know :|).

Dang it. I've been searching for a clip I saw the other day for ages, but I'm now giving up. If anyone can find that clip of them composing a song over the phone I will love you forever. =D

No, but LOL. =D <3

In the one I'm referring to, they're writing a song for Corin Tucker and Lance Bangs. They leave it as a message on their answer phone at the end.

of the 6(?) episodes from the first season, I could probably edit it down to about 1.5 episodes of actually funny skits.

Bummer, because I have very high hopes for it. Word to the wise for marketers-- never put the funniest bits in the promotional commercials that you air ad nauseum.

^ Yeah, I've been disappointed too. :\ I like the concept but it doesn't deliver very well for me.

i was looking through my tumblr and someone posted this video. i was looking for the song tribal girl was talking about but became entranced. then i clicked the 'watch this on youtube' thing. turns out that it's in Portland Oregon. Might be the most disturbing/sad/adorable thing I've ever seen. Still haven't found tribal girl's video :(

side note : i find the entire thing hilarious. every skit, episode. it perfectly encapsulates that city. i mean, the places they pick to go to, the characters, everything. of all the cities i've lived that have had tv shows based there/about them, they've all fucking sucked. but this one is PERFECT. if you never go to Portland, you can just watch the show and basically get all of it down. enough to lie about it well anyway.

Anyone else watch this show? It basically pokes fun at the organic-alternative-hipster lifestyle of Portland, Oregon and stars Fred Armisen (SNL) and, weirdly enough, Carrie Brownstein of Sleater-Kinney and Wild Flag. It's basically a hipster sketch comedy show and it's fucking hilarious. This video pretty much sums up the entire series:

The Dream of the 90's in Alive in Portland

There's a new season starting this January and I'm stoked.

EDIT: I guess I shoulda UTFSE :/

Last edited:
^no problemo.

as long as i am posting in here... don't have much of an opinion on the show, but i like that one girl. with the dry humor and big eyes.

Not a fan of this, but on a related note, I find The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret to be hilarious.... Or maybe I was just smoking a lot of weed at the time.... or both.

Its a good show for people with ADD. . I enjoy it, and growing up near there find some things very true about Portland.

I loving this show recently. It took some getting used to, I wasn't impressed initially but it's growing on me.

Very much impressed by the new season, and as said, much better than the first. The show seems to have hit a stride and is making me laugh consistently through each episode.

Season 2 is now on Netflix.

Eddie Vedder and Jeff Goldbum in the 2nd episode?! Fucking righteous.