Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Are they really stupid questions?

Leprechaun

Bluelighter
I would just like to mention that I have seen many so called "stupid questions" handled without care or concern for the person who asked the question.
These questions that may seem ignorant to the non-lay drug enthusiast are usually the opinions/mentalities that perpetrate main stream perception of illicit drugs.
Isn't it the goal of this forum to educate people about the truths they are so often never able to see. Shouldn't any question you believe to be ignorant be handled with a compassionate heart and wise head. Otherwise you are falling the same trap all others that hold esoteric knowledge fall into. You forget that you were just as ignorant once, your opinion of the world was based on what you had heard and seen. So please people, if we really want to educate the mainstream and see our point of view then the way that the thread below was handled should definetly be avoided.
http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=35&t=002230
Even it is a topic that is ridiculous you would be surprised by some peoples attitudes.
It looks like everyone who responded did the usual
"guilty until proven innocent."
Sorry about the flame but I just wanted to make sure people realise that this is a "harm reduction forum" in case you haven't realised.
;)
Cheers,

I agree to a degree; I had a discussion with a friend once on the topic of acid and whether it burned; or at least whether it came made from dangerous acids etc.
Now this friend is not stupid and definitely not ignorant when it comes to illicits. But because he had limited knowledge of both acid (as in LSD) and chemistry he assumed "acid" was well some TYPE of acid.
Not slang for Lysergic Acid Diethylamide or one of the many variations on that name. So thats proof that such notions do exist in the community; not everyone has even a basic understanding of drugs and chemicals - which is a bad thing.
But there are many things i dont understand, as is the case with everyone.
Slang terms used in both naming drugs and describing their effects have a lot to answer for i think u will find.
Will we EVER lose the dreaded S word? probably not.
Its just a shame the internet finds it very hard to convey the sincerity of the poster. Ambiguous emoticons and bizarre choices of words do not help; have a look at the locked thread below...if it was serious it could have been worded far less dimwittedly.

Yes ofcourse biscuit. However many times I believe people forget that the ignorant one is, the more they should be helped and guided, and less ridiculed.
I can see your point about the internets inability to convey a certain depth in the message, but the responses could have been far more constructive.
There were some constructive responses, but the thread was shut-down before topic could be resolved.
;)

^^^^^
In this case that's saying something...
No point going into details though... ;)

Might not be a stupid question, but it was put forth stupidly.
If you want a constructive answer, you really have to write a constructive question.

^perhaps some people don't know how.
As a lecturer of mine says "there are no stupid questions. Only relevant ones, and irrelevant ones."

Are you serious??
If people can't fathom how to ask a question.. is a responsible, helpful answer going to do them any good? Education is a large part of harm minimisation, and people are criticised for recommending it to some people?
The amount of effort some people put into this board (eg Mods, etc) and their ability to cope with large amounts of crap (most probably mine included) is beyond me.
My kudos to these guys n gals... but please don't defend people on the basis of not knowing how to ask questions or some other toss... this is a drug discussion board not a kindergarden finger-painting session.
Tabernacle - that's pretty much exactly what i was thinking.