⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Sucker Punch

Rate this movie

• Total voters

lostNfound

Bluelight Crew
From the director of Watchmen & 300, Zack Snyder:

A young girl is institutionalized by her wicked stepfather. Retreating to an alternative reality as a coping strategy, she envisions a plan which will help her escape from the facility.

sucker-punch-movie-poster.jpg

Trailer

This is either going to be cheesy as hell a bit of fun with some quality eye candy.

I found this comment on Youtube amusing, "Someone died... a girl almost gets raped and shoots at her stepfather... to be sent to an asylum...

and hot girls and dragons and robots and Samurai and Nazis giant robot shogun with a gattling gun and and... *mind explodes*

yeah, how could anyone dislike this?"

Is anyone else seeing elements of the game Bioshock in this trailer?

Last edited:
i dont see bioshock in the trailer, cept that the mechs kinda resemble big daddys. maybe some retro-futuristic stuff.
movie looks great though!

saw it. eye candy. lots and lots of eye candy. including:

vanessa hudgens
jena malone
jamie chung

the film itself as far as the plot goes is pretty linear. i was expecting something much more jumbled timeline-wise, but this film is pretty much like a video game. first you need to retrieve this. ok, now retrieve this. ok, now retrieve this. almost plays out like video game cutscenes. visually its amazing. so many styles clashing. schoolgirl world war 1 steampunk zombies modern machine gun mechs zeppelins swordfighting. thats one scene. i walked out having enjoyed it. it wasn't AMAZINGGGGGG but i definitely enjoyed it. would watch again. for the eye candy. i mean... the entire film is just .. 2 hrs of eye candy. the girls and the monsters.

ps: i could SWEAR that in one scene they reuse lord of the rings uruk-hai costumes. someone let me know if they see it too.

ps: i could SWEAR that in one scene they reuse lord of the rings uruk-hai costumes. someone let me know if they see it too.

LOL! yeah, I'll give you that, I thought the same exact thing

I was gonna catch the thursday night early screening midnight show, buuuut one of my bowls broke.. and a lady friend stepped on a piece we missed picking up.. annnd needed three stitches lol

But the NEXT DAY!....

I ate an 1/8 of shrooms before going to the movies for the first time ever! I've only really done K and 2ci at theaters before, mushrooms were a bit of a crazy choice! lol thank GOD for k-pins, I had to put half a mg under my tongue to calm down about 45 minutes in- the smuggled in beer just wasn't cutting it. After that though, smoooth sailing.

This was definitely videogame inspired. Honestly, I was kicking myself for not having taken some DXM for this one, that would have been perfect. It's not great story wise, but it's certainly 'out there', and true science fiction, with a lot of drug culture and video game feel worked into the mix. It was not as good as I thought, but I know now that I did myself a HUGE favor by not watching anything but the first teaser trailers months back.

DO NOT WATCH THE FUCKING COMMERCIALS! ESPECIALLY THE 'SNEAK PEAK' EXTENDED VERSIONS! THEY SHOW YOU THE WHOLE GOD DAMN MOVIE!

Don't expect some super deep award winning story line. Just go in expecting to see some really awesome eye candy like I did, and you'll have a good time =)

It looks purddy.. real purddy.....

:! BUT DRAGYNS ARE PEOPLE TOO DAMN IT! THAT WASN'T COOL YO!

wow this movie sucked.

so glad we didn't pay to watch it.

the story line sucked, there were no titties, no fucking, the soundtrack was god awful (who sang all those fucking terrible covers???) the ending was boring and predictable, once you got 10 minutes in you knew the whole story.

1/5

Ok it looked AWESOME, and I wasn't expecting Godfather quality acting, but it was kind of blah for me. This is coming from someone who loves 300 and hated Watchmen.

yeah i also found it shit.

all the "characters" were virtually identical. the story had some interesting ideas but they were executed very poorly. the guts of the film was the action set pieces, and whilst cleverly designed and very pretty, action is not exciting when it poses absolutely no threat.

2/5

My friend any I both enjoyed this film. Sexy girls kicking ass, what's not to like?

take this movie for what it is and not anything else. it's visually fun, but one of those "substance over style" type flicks

Linear, formulaic crap.

After the second cut scene I turned to my partner and said, "fuck there are going to be another three of these aren't there"

I don't know how you can take ninja/steampunk/machine-guns/hot-chicks/nazis/DARGONS!! etc and make it bad, but they managed.

Yeah there was some eye-candy, but really... really? they couldn't do any better than that?

I often like films where I go in, turn my brain off and watch the splosions, but this was really just trying too hard.

1/5. I'd give it less if I could.