Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Does acid bring out your fears?

PKardNuSanz

Bluelighter
Hi everybody, opinions or real life accounts only please!!! Do you think that if you have 'losing it' in the back of your mind that it might happen?? Ignore the set and setting
I think that if its on your mind on lsd it is way more likely to happen. I value your opinions and 'smart-arse im the king' opinions are definitley not welcome in this thread.

I'm pretty confident in my ability not to 'lose it', mostly because I know my limits after pushing them for years. If things start going pearshaped, I can recognise them for what they are and deal with them, instead of being freaked out.
I'll be honest tho. I don't think it's about practise, or mental stability. I think it is more that some minds are more elastic than others, and can cope with rapidly changing reality parameters better than others.
As for particular drugs, I have found it's more likely to happen after a massive amphetamine binge than while tripping - the point at which the mind shits itself and a panic attack wants to kick in. An amphetamine panic attack is easier to deal with tho - last time it happened to me, I walked across the road to the bottle shop (barely made it tho), bought a bottle of whiskey, went home and KOed myself :)
[ 01 June 2002: Message edited by: Jakoz ]

This is a pretty vague question... And it's a highly subjective topic...
LSD doesn't bring out my fears. It may manifest them into hallucinations/disturbing thoughts, but the fear has to be present already, and I have to think about it myself (thus bring it out) before the LSD toys with it. It never really makes it worse though.
The thought of losing it has been with me through many trips... It's never happened though.
The only thing that's near a bad trip which I've had was a case of set & setting. It was really the wrong time in my life (and the wrong place) to be taking acid... So naturally, I had a fairly unenjoyable trip. I've never experienced anything to the tune of "bringing out my fears" or "losing it".

whenever i have had acid, it always helps me to face my fears, and to acknowledge my insecurities, and to show me my life, and what is wrong with it, and what i have to do to fix it...
i think that acid is a very useful tool to use, but you should be prepared for what it is going to show you. set and setting do have a major impact on any trip, but you need to be prepared and mentally able to handle what is going to be shown to you...
this is from my personal experience, but it can be different for many people... i have never completely lost it by the way, but i have had some upleasant experiences...
have fun, play safe...

I am a smart ares, I am the king, I am the king of smart arse, bow before my smart arse!
It's best not to request no bad responses, it tends to attract King Smart Arse and his many minions.
BUT, anyway....
I think if you are feeling like you may freak out, and you are fighting that feeling... You will lose. Even if you dont freak, you lose because you have spent all that time, sitting thinking, instead of running around being silly and having fun (this applies to life, as well as acid trips).
I have never freaked on acid before. The 1st time I had acid, I tried to make myself feel shit, but I just couldnt do it! Everything was too good.
The second time I had acid, I wasn't really in the right mood, and felt shitty before I dropped... So the whole time I was trying to force myself into feeling good, which is what made it not so good. The thinking part.
In conclusion, you should all have lots of acid and do your homework, and do not think about anything. I know people say its a great mind exploration thing, but to me, I'm exploring my mind all day every day. Acid is a nice break, its nice to just laugh at stuff.
Stay In School,
gleep

“Acid is not for every brain - only the healthy, happy, wholesome, handsome, hopeful, humorous, high-velocity should seek these experiences. This elitism is totally self-determined. Unless you are self-confident, self-directed, self-selected, please abstain.” – Timothy Leary.
Enough said i think.

I walked across the road to the bottle shop (barely made it tho), bought a bottle of whiskey, went home and KOed myself
HAHAHAHA fuckin werd jackoz, meth's the only thing that can make me feel like that too. That's some damn fine advice.

Originally posted by gleep:
Even if you dont freak, you lose because you have spent all that time, sitting thinking, instead of running around being silly and having fun (this applies to life, as well as acid trips).

Why can't you do both? I've had some great thoughtful trips, both alone and with a group. Thoughts, ideas and feelings from interesting ways of looking at the everyday to totally far out concepts that make no sense in any context. I've also found myself laughing, running around doing stupid things to see the weird effect they have. Sometimes both during the same trip. Sometimes during the same life. :)
As for the original question, for me it's the mindset at the stage of life I'm at that makes the most difference. I've been in good, and not so good, settings and had a great time with both. If I can handle certain thoughts, fears and emotions then it really doesn't matter that much what I'm feeling at the time. By handle I don't mean tough it out or try to ignore it, I mean go with the flow. Let it take me where it wants and try to appreciate it. One of the most intense experieces for me was a very good set & setting. Though I enjoyed it to some extent, where I was at psychologically at the time made it worse than it could've been.
[ 04 June 2002: Message edited by: SeveredPsyche ]

Nothing against Tim, but I don't think that's enough said Supaspeed, not by a long shot... I was all those things and still flipped out, repeatedly...
Jakoz got close to the mark, at least as far as my mind is concerned... My conscious mind can cope with rapidly changing reality parameters, but when the acid is in full effect, its my subsconscious mind which takes control, and then it's a totally different story... And its not a happy story...
When able to think rationally I hardly have any fears, but under the influence of acid rationality is a parsec away and fears are all too prevalent...

Originally posted by Stakka:

HAHAHAHA fuckin werd jackoz, meth's the only thing that can make me feel like that too. That's some damn fine advice.

off the topic but in the interests of harm-minimisation. drinking after a big nite/day on amphetamines is really bad news for your liver if done regularly (or even not but there are times...)
with regards to the question most trips i having the concern about a bad trip present
generally. sometimes it occurs, most times it doesnt. i have found tho that most of my bad trips are helpful, they show me problems in my life. its information i can definetely take back to my reality.
i think you could say acid/shrooms brings out your fears in the sense it magnifies them, and makes them more real. so yes ...

i think if ur unprepared for the duration of some acid, thats when u can loose it. the roll is fairly easy to maintain urself in, unless u found yourself in an unfamiliar place on ur own. u have to make sure u leave time to get over it. i remember takin it when i had to work the next day, and when u cant sleep and the suns comin bak up and u really want to sleep u start to get sooo frustrated, i recall thinking of knocking myself out to get some sleep, i didnt tho, luckily.
P.S, mild acid, like taking quarters or somthing is perfect for a work days night at home wid ur friends. luv it.

Yes but it can be good if in a safe atmosphere. As for the thoughts being a sign...We'll probably find out just before/as we die ;)
Always love your accurate & honest feedback Chaos :)
Good luck buddy!
It's Terry if your where wondering who this is...
[ 19 June 2002: Message edited by: Scatteredasfuck ]

I thought bad trips were just another bullshit acid myth alongside such crap as acid burns holes in your brain or acid stays in your body forever. Unfourtunately i found out the hard way that bad trips are a really unpleasant reality. Although i think meth was partially to blame for this as i've never had a difficult experience with only taking acid. I'd also have to disagree with gleep, if your by yourself when the shit hits the fan- fighting it is the only option left to grip hold of your sanity. Once the bad thought cycle, hypercritical self loathing and disturbing mental imagery kicks in, either you can be talked or distracted out of it by your friends and this works far easier IMHO or you can focus your will to block it out. This however is bloody hard work (took me around 4 hours of mind draining concentration) and for someone who is inexperienced with acid it is nigh on impossible because they are so unfamiliar with the places acid can take your mind. To fight my fears in the end i blocked out all the shit that was frightening me and making me feel shithouse and pictured myself in a hilly wheetfield, at the end of it was a stonewall and i mentally pictured each step no matter how many times my mind flew off on tangents, i returned to the field and made it ever closer until i reached the wall, climbed it and fell asleep. For me acid is all about mind empowerment, this is why i prefer acid to MDMA, which seems articial, whereas acid in my opinion means something and from each trip i take i learn something about myself and the world in which i live. This being said sometimes acid turns you into a retarded 3 year old. I'd also agree with Tarsy that not everybody is a tripper and trippers aren't born- they're made.