• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

another message from a fool in the masses!

melancholic

Bluelighter
this is just another warning to let people know that when they decide to take acid they should think about it properly, and take extra caution to be sure youre with people you know and trust, and youre in a familiar environment where you are safe.
i fell into that oh so typical belief that it'll never happen to me.
while nothing really bad happened, mid trip, my mindset changed and i began to think of peronally disturbing things, and was coming to depressive self-realisations etc. i think i was too gungho and careless with my choices, and i nearly had a dreadful night because of it.
just remember that lsd is an extremely powerful hallucinogen, and no matter how many times youve tripped before or how firmly you believe that you know how to handle yourself in an intoxicated state of mind, it can always happen to you!
basically, im just reinforcing what every bluelighter (in fact any drug-user) should know, to take care and think things through thoroughly!
:)

Ahh the voice of reason....................haven't heard it too often recently. :)

Word to melancholic.
I think its very important to have a quiet place where you can go if things get a little hairy. (eg: your campite, or a quiet room in the house)
Even if i never set foot in this place for the duration of the trip, knowing in the back of my mind that there is always somewhere that i can go can be quite reassuring. :)

Amen.
I had my first freak out a few weeks ago, and I was glad that my friends were able to help bring me back.
The one way I've decided to overcome having a bad trip is to ask myself "Why should I do this here and now?" If I don't have a good answer, I go sober.

Totally agree - every time people I've know have tripped recently and I've been asked to join them I've said no, because my mindset wasn't right and I wasn't 100% on the setting. So this means I haven't tripped in about a year - and I'll be happy to wait another year if need be... I'm only going to do it when I feel it's the correct decision... :)
Hopefully this will help me avoid a potential bad trip...

Last time I had acid I thought it'd be ok, a while after my last (and third) bad trip...
It wasn't ok...
No more acid for me, ever...

I used to be a good tripper but after taking too much in one night at a house party with a bad vibe full of screaming people, I had a bad trip where I thought I was going to die. It was the first time in my life that I realised that I didn't want to die. I have tried acid a few times since then but the magic had gone and there was always a NQR (not-quite-right)/anxiety feeling in the back of my mind and I couldn't enjoy myself. I would only take say 1/4 trip but all the time I was waiting for the feeling to wear off. It took me 4 or so trips to realise that I will never ever take acid again even if my friends are having a wicked time on it.

Melancholic,
Whether it is a strong or weak blotter(what i believe) is that if you have the thought of having a bad trip in the back of your mind, it will more than likely happen. From my experiences, set and setting apart, if you've got a fear in the back of your mind, it may come true. In '98 I ate 2 blotters after never having thought of losing it (my friend lost it a week before) with bad thoughts in the back my mind, and got found locked in a cupboard 2 days later. Was this co-incidence or my thoughts being brought to reality? And the trips you are taking aren't all that damaging, no offence directed in your way, just at the recent acid hitting sydney.

melancholic....very good point :)
I lost it on acid 6 years ago at my yr 12 formal afterparty which was 2 weeks before my hsc. It was just the wrong enviroment to be taking acid and i didn't think of that before i popped. There was nowhere there that i felt comfortable. After that i was never able to take acid again because of what poptart calls "NQR (not-quite-right)/anxiety feeling". Yea had acid by itself a few times since then about 1 year after this my friends introduced me to candyflipping :) which is the only way i can take acid these days.
Haven't had acid in over 2 years now......might have it again one day though. But only in a comfortable setting with close friends!

ta for the replies :)
but see i didnt have that feeling that i might have a bad trip that night... i was in a bad frame of mind earlier in the week, but it was non-drug related (i think), so naturally i didnt think anything of it when i put the bit of paper into my mouth. and also, the fact that a recent trip id had was a lot of fun, i was just trying to reach that high again, and had no worries about what might happen.
what im trying to say is that even if you arent at all worried about having a bad trip, a few things could set your mind off and could lead you down the wrong train of thought.
anyways, all good, be safe!
:)

Make sure your out with friends you can really trust and no wot to do if something goes wrong.
A few years ago an ex and i went out clubbing. i didnt want to take anything but he practically made me. Basically that nite i experienced a really bad trip. And u no wot he did? left me to majorly freak out on it by myself. his excuse? he thought id deal with it better alone.
ya should of heard me yelling at him the next day

I agree no matter what you feel like before you trip, anything can happen because that's the nature of LSD- it blocks receptors and forces your brain to process information differently. I'd agree with sydkiwi the best way of pulling people out of a freakout, is to talk to them- more often than not it works, although ultimately it is up to the individual user to correct themselves out of the bad thought pattern, if they're not prepared to do this then no amount of coaxing will work.

Originally posted by melancholic:
but see i didnt have that feeling that i might have a bad trip that night...
Very true melancholic......the night i had a bad trip i wasn't in a bad mood. I was at my yr 12 formal having a great night and wanted to keep partying so a few of us got hold of some acid and thought why not. It was just a crazy enviroment to be taking acid and thats what stuffed it up for all of us.

Another piece of usful advice, start of with takeing half a tab first. (This is in a setting u may not be comfortable in . ie a rave, club).
Anywayz, see how your feeling of half, then yer take it from there :)

drugs can definately take u to strange places.....
once I went and picked some mushies, we found 13 (low yield but high potency) and boiled em up, drank juice between 3 or 4 ppl, started 2 feel fx, went and got some acid to have sum REAL fun. - Mistake 1
known friend rocks up with an Acquaintance, give em both acid, let slip that we had mushies. -mistake 2.
Acquaintance asks 4 mushies we say "no mushies left, but u can have this mushie sludge" - jokingly of course, I mean the dude is trippn of the cid and the left ova sludge is enuf 2 make ne1 trip way 2 hard on it's own, not 2 mention puke from the look and texture.
Anyways trippn aquaitance grabs handfuls of sludge (to all our amazement) and hoes in2 it. - Mistake 3
We at first laugh our head off at this trippn loony with mushie sludge covering his face......we didn't laugh much 4 the rest of the nite.
This guy goes into what i can only describe as a drug-induced psychotic episode.....I mean the dude started screaming about conspiracy theories at the top of his lungs, accusing us and neighbors (shouting into backyards) of being against him, talking of murder, foaming at the mouth, rambling.......a true picture of a 'Raving Loony'.
We tried everything...I talked to him for about 2 hours, sometimes he'd begin to come back to normality and start making sense, then in the blink of the eye he'd be right back to the 'Raving Loony' again.
This went on for a good 6 hours, until we had all had enuf. We decided to call the cops, who took him home.
At the point of deciding to call the cops I honestly thought this guy was 100% crazy and would probably stay like that forever, but when the cops came, he seemed to sober up....he went dead quiet and didn't say a word, just got into the cop car and left.
I think that was the last time I ever took cid until this year (3 years break).
I could tell u about the last time I took mushies on my own and freaked out, but I've gone on 4 way 2 long already....my point is hallucinagens of all types should only b taken under the right circumstances, my other point is don't give drugs to someone u don't know well, I didn't know this guy would freak out, everyone else handled the combo fine.
I love using mushies as a spiritual trip....to take a look at your life and put things into perspective, this can be truly amazing

My ex didnt even try to talk me out of it. he was like shes freaking out better leave her to deal with it by herself. I kept finding him and he kept disappearing. He didnt even try.

sydkiwi
-sure your ex was a dick 4 leaving u on your own, but u can't exactly blame him 4 his actions whilst he was trippn off his head....there's been plenty of times when I've totally ignored someone or been rude without realising it.
Think the point is, don't have hallucinagens if the vibe aint good, or u aint with ppl u can trust.
When the american indian used shrooms, they did so to go on a spiritual journey, which they would prepare for months in advance. At the time of taking they would only have a small quantity and be surrounded by a few close friends or relatives who would help guide them through the experience
[ 06 June 2002: Message edited by: Lord Kaos ]

Just thought I would add my two bob......
A week ago today my girlfriend and I decided to try some recently found shrooms (Ps. Subs.). That I actualy posted pictures of on this websit to help with Identification....
It was not my first halucinogenic experience but my girlfriend had never done anything but pot befor..... Anyway she took 2 Gs and I had about 2.4 Gs of dryed mushroom. Twenty minuits latter we knew it was coming.
My girlfriend began to worry and asked if we could retire to my room and its "saftey" that was fine by me and we did this quickly.
Next we were both tripping hardish and she needed to vomit this was all OK and I managed to keep all mine down. At this point we started tripping VERY hard. I can only compare my experience to a intense Salvia trip. She began to become disturbed about the changes she could percieve in her body and in mine. I apparently began to grow sharp teeth and morph into other beings / people. At this point she was terified and on the point of running away. I tried to grip to sanity as much as posible and think of how to make things better.
I got here to lie down with me and avoid looking at her body or my face and talked to her about all the things we had done together and shared. She began to calm down but was still on the point of hysteria. I was still barely clinging to my own sanity as I freeked that I was dealing with a bad trip and trying to fend one off myself. Anyway once things setled down (2 hours of talking and avoiding looking at faces and bodies) things began to become quite fun and awsome.
In summary I think that connecting with people in bad trip/panic situations is the best thing you can do.
Oh it was my first mushroom experience to. I feel like a dick for doseing so highly without being more carefull and have learnt a BIG leson from it all.
Just my two bob

There's a reason I stay away from halluciogens. My mental state is delicate enough having previously suffered a bout of major depression (medical condition)...
I probably shouldn't be taking pills, either. But I do, kinda reminds me of the constant glow I experienced during my 4 years on prozac ;)