Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Illicit drugs stolen from lab 28/05/2002

wazza

Bluelighter
A LARGE quantity of illegal drugs has been stolen from a federal government laboratory on Sydney's upper north shore.
NSW police said the drugs were stolen by thieves who broke into the Pymble lab about 8pm (AEST) on Sunday.
The drugs were reportedly 99 per cent pure heroin, cocaine and amphetamines.
It is understood they were used to measure the purity of seized drugs.
Police from Ku-Ring-Gai Local Area Command were investigating the theft, including how the building was accessed, a police spokeswoman said.
taken from http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,4402623%255E1702,00.html
Now, would be nice to see an actual amount that was stolen (or close estimate).

Just heard on sky news over $1million worth of drugs were taken by thieves who walked in, removed the safe and left within 10 minutes.
Apparently the building currently had no security, although it was mentioned it once did. That information no doubt would have been worth a bit in the wrong hands
A warning was given stating the amphetamines stolen was 10 times as strong as typical street product.

this is good news for all takers of uppers (fuck the smack)!!! Lets just hope they dont jump on it 2 much

PKardNuSanz posted:
this is good news for all takers of uppers (fuck the smack)!!! Lets just hope they dont jump on it 2 much
Sorry, but where's the point in this post? In all seriousness, this has nothing to do with HM at all...
But to retort, I don't believe it's specifically good news at all. Any time of crime that involves theft isn't good, and I don't particularly like supporting it.
Also, let's hope that if this stuff is sold, that it's cut somewhat, as 99% purity of those drugs is a extremely high amount if taken as 'street goods'.

Police from Ku-Ring-Gai Local Area Command were investigating the theft, including how the building was accessed, a police spokeswoman said.I'd bet that the building was accessed by a cop with a key, or at least one that turned a blind eye for a cut of the profits... I'd imagine robbing the police isn't too easy without a bit of help from the inside...

So no word on the quantity stolen?
I hope it wasnt alot, because that shit is going to kill someone :(

Dante, you are correct in three aspects a) stupid post b) 99% is too potent. c) any form of theft is bad
Just to clarify, I was a tad stoned when I posted that but when I said that I hope that they dont jump on it 2 much, thats what I meant. Coke in sydney is chopped way 2 much, doesnt matter where you go. I wasnt implying it hit the streets pure cos everyone would drop, just stronger than usual. And most 99.9% of theft is bad, but this paticular crime I think is passable, cant really say why, but it is. And pleonastic, it is common sense that it was an inside job, no-one would raid that lab unless they knew what was in there from a RELIABLE inside source.

There are a lot of things pointing towards this being another Australian Federal Police force, corruption division, special assignment. If not a dirty cop there was obviously someone on the inside who mentioned "oh by the way guys, the cops are storing a million dollars worth of drugs in our building.... and there’s no security."
As pure and as dangerous as these drugs potentially are, I'd suspect the group who pulled off this little raid aren’t stupid enough to sell pure heroin to their mates. The cop...*cough* criminals would want to cut it down and make as much money as they could.
There is always the possibility that there is more to it than what appears on the surface, or at least what the media tell us. I'd imagine a product that pure would be fairly easy to track and if corrupt police are trying to offload to criminals it could be a good way to link a crime circle together, do I remember an investigation into corrupt police? :)
[ 28 May 2002: Message edited by: Fry-d- ]

If anyone here is a heroin user, please me extra careful. It was high purity stuff hitting the streets that caused all the deaths 2 years ago.

dante: in a way the drugs were stolen in the first place
(i'm having a bit of a joke i find it amusing that the drugs were seized and now are back on the streets)
there is no way this wasn't an inside job. sounds like a hard place to break into

I'm sure the pure heroin etc.. will be cut to shit by the time it gets to most users.

Splatt, you'd be suprised. I would think so too, but, like I mentioned earlier, in Melbourne about 2 years ago there were like, 20 deaths in one night. The found some of the stuff and it was over 90% pure. Regardless, most street heroin is cut to buggery (especially with the drought these days) so even a small increase in purity could be disaserous for users. Imagine if you were used to 5% pure stuff, and some 10% pure stuff hits the streets, that's gonna spell trouble.

^^^ Actually, i think these drugs we're not 'stolen' in the first place. i think they might have had these 'custom made'
The drugs were reportedly 99 per cent pure heroin, cocaine and amphetamines.
It is understood they were used to measure the purity of seized drugs.
I feel that they would use a standard they were %100 sure of, rather than purifying something they found on the street.
But this is just speculation on my part :)

Well obviously; if they are to test seised samples they must be in all respects 100% pure; its for analytical purposes and likely to have come from either a pharmaceutical company or chemical company like Aldrich.
I would suggest 100% cocaine would be highly dangerous as well; especially as the quality of australia's cocaine is said to be fairly low.
I notice they didnt get any MDMA; i am not advocating what they have done but one can only imagine what MDMA made by Aldrich or someone would be like. Remember 100% doesnt just mean its extremely potent; but means there are no other chemicals, adulterants or leftovers from the reaction, dangerous or otherwise, in the sample. Wow.
And i heard the amount was something like 1.5kg; all up i think; i think i heard right but this seems like an enormous amount for analytical purposes. They also didnt touch any of the seised STREET drugs; so clearly they were after the quality and knew exactly what they were doing.

Biscuit,.. Aldrich..Yes, I thought that too
100% coke would definitely be more dangerous for injecting users, but with snorting I would imagine that unless you had a predisposing heart condition, it probably wouldn’t be that life threatening. 100% is probably no more dangerous than the quick succession of lines which often goes with poor quality coke, (less so on the sinuses in fact).
….halfway through line 2 paragraph 3….Wow…..
It’s hard to think why one place would need so much. I guessed maybe this place distributed the products to labs throughout Australia. Makes sense, federal standards and all. I suppose authorities would (claim to) never want to be caught pants down with the inability to test each and every confiscated batch. Of course there could always be a flood of shipments all containing different pills. These would 'definitely' be valid reasons for some body insisting on a tidy backup stock ;)
I’m amazed at how many labs like this aren’t under video surveillance in the same way less important work environments are. Seems weird that many of these institutions insist upon strict work conditions and compliance assurances such as urine testing, but let the potential for real crime slip on silently…bye
Great posts in the ‘nana….amphetamine’ thread biscuit.