Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dealers Posting on Pillreports

Wiretrippa

Bluelighter
Here's the issue. We've all thought about the inherent possibility of dealers big upping their wares on pillreports, but now I have names. I mailed the founder about it ages ago, but recieved no reply.
What should I do? What are your ideas / opinions? Anyone else come up against this sort of info?
It really worries me that people could be using pillreports like that. And it REALLY pisses me off.

This happens occasionally. Thats why pillreports is peer reviewed. The comments section exists for this very reason, we are our own quality control.
This said, how do you know what they saying is untrue? There is no way we can reach into people's minds and say that they are not telling the truth. It doesn't take long at all before shoddy reports get shot down.
In fact, the pace at which this happens leads me to believe that people are constantly refreshing pillreports just itching at the trigger to criticise in every small and petty way possible.
There is an example of this up on the Aus/NZ section right now. The post was done a few days ago and can be found here.

you could post a claim that you think the reports fake , so people reading the posts have an idea that the report could be fake??

You put in the comments section that you have had a different experience with the pill. Please however only do this if you have direct experience with this particular pill. There has to be some trust with these reports that what people are saying is true otherwise its useless. I'm not asking for blind obedience, but without giving a little it doesn't work.

Just a couple of suggestions while there is a semi-pillreport based thread.
a) Is it possible to show number of posts/reports next to someone's name on pill reports and/or signup date. That way it is easy to distinguish posts from "seasoned reporters" and "dealers who make a new account for 'selling' their dodgy pills".
b) One other thing i noticed,. if people dont consume a pill it displays as unrated on the list. What it should do is not rate a pill over 4. Reason for this is..if there is a dangerous pill rated 0/1 it will be hidden as 'unrated' rather than notifying people of its danger.

Originally posted by Wiretrippa:
I mailed the founder about it ages ago, but recieved no reply.

Yes, but did you make any concrete suggestions?
Any system based on subjective user reporting is inherently flawed, but until we can get laboratory testing in AUstralia it's all we've got. So use the system, and give feedback and comments to reports you disagree with, it's the only way to drive out "bad" information.

Is it possible to show number of posts/reports next to someone's name on pill reports and/or signup date. That way it is easy to distinguish posts from "seasoned reporters" and "dealers who make a new account for 'selling' their dodgy pills".
This has come up before, and my recollection is that not everyone would be pleased to be associated with making so many reports/being in possession etc
One other thing i noticed,. if people dont consume a pill it displays as unrated on the list. What it should do is not rate a pill over 4. Reason for this is..if there is a dangerous pill rated 0/1 it will be hidden as 'unrated' rather than notifying people of its danger.
Ahhh too true! The unconsumed/unrated thing happened about a week ago. This was to 'fix' a problem where people were creating reports and just listing a test result (which believe me is encouraged!). If the pill was unconsumed, then how would you rate it if it tested up as MDMA? So this system was indroduced. I agree however that bunk/dangerous/speed/ket reactions should have that 0/1 rating. I will bring it up with our coder extrodinaire and see what we can do.

Yeah it seems there are alot of people 'advertising' in the reports i.e. this was a mad pill 10/10 highly recommended. So people will go out and go ohh there maad lets get em. You could either wait till there is several reports on them then choose from the average or just wait for some first hand opinions from a close friend etc.. but as we know nothing is cerain :(

At the end of the day, as long as you carry your tester, and test your pill prior to purchase, then you'll not even be out of pocket if the pills are bunk. I realise that false reporting of pill quality undermines the efficacy of pillreports, but the peer review system seems to work fairly well IMHO.
BigTrancer :)

What about user rankings for a person's reports?
After you have written a pillreport, readers on the site can rank it on a scale between 1 and 5, and your average score for all your combined reports appears next to your username.
This system would not indicate how many pills the person has reported on; rather, it would only indicate the quality of all their previous reports.
Any dealers who tried to falsely advertise their crap pills would be pretty easy to spot, either because they would have totally new usernames with no score, or because any usernames that theyd previously used to hype bunk pills would have low scores.
It would also encourage people to write more thorough and comprehensive reports, rather than some of the one-liners that currently appear, as those somewhat brief and uninformative reports would attract lowish scores.
I think that it'd be quite helpful because the score totally sums up the peer attitudes to all of that persons previous reports simply and accurately in one number.
Of course it could be a giant pain in the ass to implement, and the system as it is now works pretty well.
Still, beyond the hassle of actually setting it up, I can't see too much wrong with it. Perhaps something to think about? :)

^^-- that's pretty much a system we've been workign on. Jase said a while back that he was close to implementing something like this, but there's always so much work to do. I'll remind him of this.

I worry about the collecting of this type of in formation and its possible misuse in the Future. i have watched this Drug seep in to the mainstream culture and dominate, We should remember how secretive this game use to be. i have been judjed a DEALER by a parranoid user on this site and did not really feel to good about it, in fact made me quite mad, it was amazzing how quick the post comment's came in from what seemed an inner circle of site user's who seemed to know it all and what i had to say was disparaged and i was branded a DEALER. i am not and dont need to prove that with a point score next to my USERID. Free speech is a great thing. We should be mindfulof dealers using the site but they will always be found out in time .They like there dougy pills will always be around as long as there is $$ involved.

^^^
Soma(too lazy to log out of VooDoo's account): Here here. I also don't fully support the idea of user ratings because of this. I'm being a bit of a neddy no no, but I understand and just accept that Pillreports is not perfect. There is some checks and balances in place which generally work well. Some grains of salt should be used when viewing reports and always remember: The focus of Pillreports is Harm Reduction. Pillreports should be used to clue you up on what you constitute a 'bad' or dangerous pill. It should not replace your own testing of pills before you buy, it should compliment such testing.

Exactly Soma! It's my opinion that pillreports is supposed to be used to scan for warnings on potentially dangerous or inactive pills, rather than as a catalogue to peruse prior to heading out looking for 'good' pills to purchase. Obviously the latter is quite common, however it's becoming clear that people must treat information posted there with caution.
When used in scanning for dangerous pills, pillreports shows information that indicates certain pills are "possibly dangerous or bunk". This means you can minimise harm by avoiding those pills. Used in this manner, pillreports keeps you on the look out for false positives, and you may safeguard yourself by rejecting the pill if there is any doubt at all. The information could be considered more reliable because people would be unlikely to falsely report a bad experience from a high quality pill.
When used in scanning for 'good' pills, pillreports can only show information that indicates certain pills are "possibly MDxx"... this is no indication of quality! Moreover, the rating system is subjectively based on users experiences which are dramatically influenced by the individual's 'set and setting'. Therefore, using pillreports in this fashion gives you unreliable information as people may be inclined to over-rate pills due to many reasons.
It's up to you to choose how to get the most out of pillreports. :) You can also contribute to a more valuable pillreports.com by actively testing lots of pills and posting the reports.
BigTrancer :)