• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

specific blood testing question...please help!

pill_popping_babe

Bluelighter
Hi guys...i know there's heaps of these types of threads around at the moment, but nothing which answers my question specifically...I've been pretty sick lately, and had to go and get blood tests done early monday morning (about 8:30)...On friday night, i had a pretty big one, and had a full MD cap and green honda, and the last thing i dropped was a green honda at about 6 in the morning on saturday. They werent testing for drugs in particular, but for any foreign matter floating round my blood...I get the results back tomorrow (or, my parents do, i should say) and i was wondering if anyone knows the likelyhood of having the MDMA showing up? any quick answers would be great...thanks heaps in advance...

the answer i have always been given by health professionals is that it is very expenisive to do blood tests, so consequently they only look for specific things. if you are having blood tests because you are sick it is very doubtful that they will look for narcotics.

johnboy has it right - if you present with swollen glands or whatever, the doctor is going to narrow down tests performed to those tests relevent to your symptoms.
Unless you have incredibly nosey parents who might be interested in "broader" tests being performed, I wouldn't worry about it.
hop you better soon (can't be too bad if your're going out taking pills)

I'm going to sound like a preacher for saying this, and I know it's too late now - so consider this advice for next time should this have to happen again...
I can't imagine that the blood tests have been sprung on you, and although it's been indicatated that you should be OK don't you think it would have been smart to have a weekend off just to be on the safe side? There's always next weekend, or the weekend after that...
Personally if I was having any tests at all done I'd want to be as clean as possible, just in case... but yeah, as I said it's too late now... hope it works out OK for ya and that you've learnt something from this... :)

Thanks guys :)
I wasn't sick when i went out, i suddenly came down with something, either blood poisoning or glandular fever are two possibilities on saturday afternoon, and only got told about the blood tests at the hospital on monday morning, right before it happened...if i had known about them, there's no way I would have gone out on friday night! thanks again...

Fair enough... guess I shouldn't have assumed...
My apologies... :)
Although what I said still stands - just not in this case! ;)

hey hope everything worked out ok
but still the question remains unanswered....
generally speaking- how long will any substance remain in your body & show up in a blood test?
i know that there are probably a lot of other factors to take into considerating with answering this but, my parents suspect that i'm taking drugs & have asked me to have a blood test. i told that i wouldn't have one & they aren't fazed about it, but having one would stop them from nagging me. any info would be appreciated, thanx
[ 07 May 2002: Message edited by: IgNiTe_bOOM ]

pill_popping_babe wrote:
I get the results back tomorrow (or, my parents do, i should say)
Correct me if im wrong .. but if you get a blood test, i thought the only person that was actually permitted to receive results back was that person that had the test performed upon them. Unless of course that person gave permission for the results to be collected by a parent or guardian.
Its to do with the whole Doctor/Patient confidentiality issue... where a doctor isnt allowed to discuss a patients medical history unless permission is granted.
I know on other occasions where ive tryed to ring up and receive the results from a blood test, ive been told ive had to go in and make an appointment to receive the results in person. They wouldnt give me any details over the phone.
-Warren

IgNiTe_bOOM: I think your parents would find it very difficult to get a Dr who would do a blood drug test on demand. We don't have the booming private lab market that they have in the USA. Besides, a urine drug screen is the more common screening method. With the exception of cannabis, other drugs are all cleared in under a week, so it's not hard to give your parents a clean result if you want to.

Of course i get to see the result, but since i'm underage, my parents must also see them apparently...on a lighter note, thanks for everyones help, they were fine...just got back from the doctors, and nothing showed up... :) big smiles on my face!