• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mind over Matter --> or a nice mix of both?

Dj ScAtTeRfAcE

Bluelighter
Hey this is only my second post cos i lost my password and was to lazy to find it... Anywayz i only really drop about once a month or two cos I personally believe that less is more. Whenever i do however i find that nothing makes the experience better than getting into the right mindset BEFORE the drugs have kicked it. I love to run around like a fool and have a big phat dance before popping cause it gets your adrenaline going and puts u in a good mindset, which u can then stay in the whole night while intensifying the experience. I hate seing people at parties popping extreme amounts of pills and then sitting there impatiantly and edgily waiting for the drug to put em in a good mood and give them the energy they need. It's often these types of people at 5:00 in the morning, when i'm still pushing myself off 1 and a half pills, who have had 5 pills and are saying they aren't fuct enough. Basically what i'm saying is that heaps of people don't take control of their drug but just rely on the drug to take control of them, and the best way to do that in their opinion is take more. I believe it's not only about starting in a good mindset but it's good to push yourself dancing (without reaching for another 2 pills early morning) cos all having lots of drugs later in the night do is fuck with your head the next day. I don't mean to sound cynical, I just think ecstasy is such a wonderful drug that it shouldn't be abused by people who aren't really getting what they should out of it. Yes of course people who take pills a lot develop a tollerance for them but maybe that's a sign that they should cut down and think are they really enjoying themselves like they used to.. or has it kind of become a pschological addiction?
I'm not trying to lay into anyone... just sharing my views, thankx for listening :)
PeAcE

I'm gunna scoot this one over to Drug Discussion... I think it's better suited there... :)

I have found that if spend the night thinking about things or trying to arrange things for others whilst I roll, after a while I get get a crook stomach. I'm not sure what it is. I know there are seratonin receptors in the stomach, so that must have something to do with it.
So whenever I go out now and roll, I make a diliberate attempt to be carefree (so to speak). I am amazed at the difference it makes whilst I am out and even more so for my comedown. I am so less scattered when the next day (I still pre and post load).
Sounds a bit weird and crazy, but that is my mind over matter technique.
Peace.

I fully agree.
A good example is when my friend attended her first rave and had her first pill. She hates the music, but we dragged her along anyway. She really didn't seem to be having that much fun.
So, when the time came, we all took the same pill, and we were all having a great time! Except for my friend. She went right up, and came right down. She has no history of anything that would affect it, so it was just her mind.
She then did something really stupid. She bought a white star at from someone, took it whole and got ROYALLY FUCKED UP. All because of her whole "this scene sucks" mindset.
Theres a lesson in that for everyone:
Respect your body, mind and spirit when you take a chemical.

Well from what I can gather from your thoughts, your bringing up a few issues here. Firstly the mind set before and during the roll, this could be grouped with set and setting. I sure there is a thread around somewhere about this, but right now I can't find it, so if someone would like to find it or explain set and setting it would be appreciated. :)
You’re also hinting at another issue, why people take drugs. There is an endless list of reasons why someone will use drugs and this will contribute to how they use drugs. A simple example to make sense of my ramblings would be if someone was using drugs to escape reality they would be less likely to be responsible about there use. However a more recreational user would be less likely to take 5 pills and a gram of meth every weekend and is more likely to test what they take.
Then there is also the issue of the less informed drug user who really doesn’t understand what there putting into there body, or even care in some cases. This type of person will more often than not drop a pill to get messed up and if one doesn’t work takes another, then another, and so on. With this wealth of information we have at our fingertips it’s sometimes easy to forget there are plenty of people out there that don't understand the chemicals they are subjecting their bodies to over the weekends and this can, and does, lead to unnecessary problems associated with dangerous combinations of drugs. After quizzing a number of people at an event just yesterday I came to realise that we are the minority. The uneducated user far outnumbers the responsible user who tests pills and researches chemicals before even considering there use.
Finally I'll share one of my problems which I know many people suffer from and is what Raving Looney seems to be describing. To me it sounds like an Anxiety issue. I personally will do my head in thinking about how organised I am or where people are, even the smallest thing can set my mind racing. Sitting around and consciously waiting for the roll to begin generally leads to an upset stomach and in bad cases will make an obvious impact on the effect of the pill. As Raving Looney said it helps me to keep a clear head and I find to keep myself occupied is the easiest way to do this. Something as simple as walking around and chatting to people or even a good stomp on the dance floor works for me. The worst thing for me is to sit around and wait for the come up as I tend to think myself into a hole. Antacids can help a lot :)
Well I have no idea if I'm answering your question or not now, possibly not, but thats what happens when I try and think on a weekend ;)

^^^^
Yeah, I am told it is an anxiety issue. It was a problem once, but now I can keep it under control. I am told you either have to learn to put up with what you have (ie deal with it) or go on anti-depressants.
My secret... don't get anxious in the first place and if I do feel it coming on, i simply try thinking happy thoughts. It may sound a little loopy, but it really helps.

Thats damn true.
The pill will enhance your mood no doubt, so if you're already in a great fucking mood dancing your ass off and gradually you start to feel the mdma kick in, you're on your way to a very nice place.
It is to do with set and setting and its evident in the example of someone i know dropped their first pill a few weeks back. They were anxiously awaiting it to kick in, checking their watch, wondering what it was going to do. Basically they were just sitting round waiting for an effect, not having a ball and then having this effect creep up and smack you with a thousand barrels of joy.
Adikkal