Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Congratulations

Leprechaun

Bluelighter
It seems that the Drug Discussion forum has really cleaned up from what I remember it was about five months ago. Well done on all the great informative and well written posts! :)
Well done to one and all.
PS: This can be closed, just really needed to tell all of you this! :)

Nah, don't close it - lets big note ourselves! ;)
Congrats to the mods for keeping the place tidy, and to everyone that posts all the serious harm reduction advice that makes this forum one of the best on bluelight...
Keep it up! :D

thanks to all the mods, and people posting tntelligent harm reduction advice..
thanks people, yep up the good work! :)

yep nice one fellas
and a big "FUCK YOU" goes out to the papers....from me

hey i was just wondering, you know how on 60 minutes once in a while they have those big discussion involving ppl from both sides of story, maybe there should be one of those involving ppl that use this site and the ppl that are producing these articles in the paper critisising sites like this....it may sound dumb , but im sure 60 minutes would be interested in doing a story or show like this, i rekon it would show alot ppl why sites like this are good and why the papers, media have got it wrong.

Intersting idea junga, I wonder if they would take such a thing seriously. I mean a lot of shows (60 mins, today/tonight) seem to want to give even arguments. Guess it depends, its a pretty media sensitive topic.
Would anyone volunteer to go on? Johnboy? BT?
tex

junga, texman: its been done. Today Tonight ran a story, and the ABC had a doco where Johnboy was interviewed, and we were testing.
Not sure if its available on the net.
horse :)

Oh reeli , was it like what they do on 60 minutes or different, when was this on tv
how did it go??,

Congrats to everyone both Mods and posters in this forum. I don't post often, because i don't feel i need to with all the information we have on hand here and links to other sites. But i do READ and READ this forum everyday at least once if not more. Keep up the great work guys~
DJC*

Horsey: nah, I think they meant one of those 60 minute things where you get a bunch of people that believe one thinh on the left of the room, a bunch that believe the other on the right, put em in seating like a school photo in a darkened room, and let them yell at each other for a few hours... one of those "great debate" style things...
Then they edit the hell out of it to make it down to 40 minutes and also make it convey the stations message... ;)
Seriously, these things are a trap, and we would just end up looking stupid...

unless you got BigTrancer, babydoc_vic, zorn and poople of 'similar' standing in Bluelight to argue the for side of drugs...
Seriously, would be hard to beat these people in a debate...

*blushes* I'm not a very good public speaker though :( JB or fairnymph (we could fly her over!) would both do a fine job.
I can see it now, I say something like: "I believe that many people can and do use drugs with a minimum of negative health effects. There are many low key drug users who hold down full time jobs, and use drugs occasionally for recreational purposes. The idea that all drug users are evil layabouts sponging off Centrelink is a fallacy. We need to accept that people use drugs, regardless of the legal status, and provide information so that people can do so as safely as possible. It is vital that our government listens to health professionals in Australia and around the world who believe that harm minimisation is the best approach."
Edited version would be: "Drugs are evil" ;)
I just don't think we would get a fair go on a show like a 60 minutes debate. ABC Tv maybe...but then everyone would write in to the Herald-Sun complaining how left-wing, pro-drug the ABC is (like they did after the recent Four Corners on the Heroin Trial fiasco).

^^^^^
Ecaxtly... :)
I wasn't saying we didn't have the people that could win a debate - I was saying that regardless of who comes out on top it'll be edited against us and we'll look stupid anyway... :)

^^^ So true, and LMAO at the bit where they would edit that hole passage to just: Drugs are Evil. No matter if we go on for a debate and win or not the media has many tools to portray their information they way they want. No matter if we won or lost in reality, we would lose in the end... just by they way we are portrayed by the media.
Anyways anyone who believe everything the media feed us are suckers and i just think it is their problem that they are living in such a sheltered existence, believing everything that is handed out to them. Sure it would be nice for the public to see the truth about drugs, but the majority of them never will and will always be prejudiced against people who use drugs. I dont really think that them not knowing the truth is a real problem, we will still use drugs, and they will still be illegal... so i dont know the point of trying to show everyone that drugs rnt bad. We mayaswell just keep the truth and the real information for those interested in knowing...