• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injecting into "healed" veins.

rs123

Greenlighter
I looked around a bit and did not find an answer to this question, but if I missed a similar post, I apologize... Also, feel free to rename this, if my title is not appropriate or descriptive enough. I am new to this and doing my best... I put the heroin prefix on this, but the question applies to coke, as well. Anyway, on to the question...

Hypothetically, how bad is it to use a vein that died around two years ago??? My friend stopped using completely for a while, so he is now out of practice with everything, as well as 30 - 40 pounds heavier (more fat on arms makes it harder to see some veins). The only one he could find that worked was one that he hasn't been able to use for a very long time. Is it really bad to start using it again, or has it just healed or something? He doesn't want to permanently hurt himself, even though the whole idea of this is hurtful in many ways...

Last edited by a moderator:
Over time, it is entirely possible for previously un-usable veins to repair themselves to be used again. If he used it, with success, then I don't really see any harm in continuing to use it. (Assuming the proper safe/sterile injection techniques are implemented).

Beware though, they will go away again faster then they did the first time. I had my veins do this to me

Beware though, they will go away again faster then they did the first time.

This.

Over time, dead veins will recover and you'll be able to use them again, but their lifespan will go down a lot more once you start using again. It's not like with bones where they will get harder and harder with every little fracture. There was once a man on TV who literally had unbreakable shin bones or something like that because of the repeated trauma. Eventually they adapted and stored enough calcium to become virtually indestructible. Very interesting stuff.

The only place I'm comfortable hitting is my left hand, and I "killed" all 3-4 spots 3 weeks ago. I now have my middle and right 1-2 back but the left is still iffy. Not going to use them for another week at least.