• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Why does Codeine hit while on bup but Dihydrocodeine does not?

Selina_sanity

Greenlighter
On occasion I take these pain-killers to deal with back pain, headaches, tooth pain etc and what I notice is that I feel Cocodamol but not Dihydrocodeine, while am on Subutex. I know sub-bup meant to block opiates but isn't Dihydrocodeine stronger then Codeine-Cocodamol? so why I feel Cocoadmol then Dihydrocodeine? is it because the way they work differently? do some folks feel Cocodamol more then Dihdrocodeine?

Am just suprized I always feel Codeine then Dihydrocodeine considering DHC is stronger.. I shouldnt feel any of them because of being on Subutex but still, am just curious why Cocodamol hits the receptors but DHC does not?

any thoughts anyone?

cheers.

An interesting question. Although DHC is usually considered stronger on a pound for pound basis, some of the codeine will metabolize into morphine which could have a stronge enough affinity to compete with the bupe and let you feel something. That would be my guess of what is happening here at least.

Have you ever tried codeine or DHC while not on bupe? You could have stronger liver enzymes which promote codeine's change to morphine than the average population so that Codeine is actually stronger for you than DHC.

I don't know what you guy's are talking about I can't feel codeine on bupe and neitheir can my friend's. The only thing I can somewhat feel on bupe is tramadol.

I always feel Cocodamol-Codeine while on Bup. Hence of why I asked this question, gosh...I don't fee; DHC at all...Everytime I get a back pain or sweats or whatever I always feel Cocadmol-Codeine taking it away, maybe because it has Paracetomol? I don't know but I do know for a fact Codocamdol goes my receptors but DHC does not, all this while on Sub... I am however on 1mg-Subuext, but weird thing is I still felt Cocodamol while I was above 1mg i.w 2mg 3mg 4mg 5mg so on..

This also leads to me to believe Codeine can help through bup withdrawals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course codeine can help bupe wd's any opiate or opioid can help you when wd'ing from another opiate or opioid.

If you're taking Co-Codamol, which contains codeine and paracetamol, are sure you're not feeling the relief from the latter rather than the codeine?

Then again, if you're feeling euphoria then surely it's the codeine.

And yes, I have used co-co's for bupe withdrawal. They help quite a bit, and the withdrawal from them is not nearly as bad as bupe.

I reckon it's the paracetamol.

But Paracetomol don't give the me feelings that Cocodamol does. Paracetmol lasts for few hours but with Cocodamol I feel it lass whole day. I feel warmish and relaxed when I take the Cocodamole. I don't get this with Paracetomol!!!!!.... I only take cocod no and then for any pain-issues.

Last edited by a moderator: