Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

what is your harm minimisation procedure? MDMA

Smil-E

Bluelighter
I try and eat bannanas about 3 or 4 a faor about a week b4 and after. As I think l-tryptophan is as good as 5htp if you give it enough time to be transformed.
Avoid alcohol or V while on it as to not interfere with a good roll. And have lots of fruit juice the day after as well as lots of rest, and as musch sleep as possible.

Smil-E I guess the best Harm Minimisation (Talking long term here) is simply a healthy diet, regular expercise and plenty of rest during the week.
But looking more closely at diet I think its important to get the right balance from all five food groups. Beyond this some vitamin suppliments can also be benefitial and 5-HTP is part of this for me personally as its meant to be quicker in conversion as one step has theoretically already occured.

Here's my post-load and a bit on why I take each.
Milk thistle - Good for your liver. See Erowids Milk Thistle Vault
Vitamin A: Good for growth & repair of tissues, reduces susceptibility to infections, counteracts night-blindness.
B complex: Has most B vitamins and some other stuff in it (haven't got the bottle with me). B1) essential for the normal functioning of the nervous system, muscles & heart. B2) aids in the formation of antibodies and red blood cells; maintains cell respiration; necessary for the maintenance of good vision. B3) Improves circulation and maintains the nervous system. B5) crucial for energy metabolism; makes brain neurotransmitters and natural body steroid hormones. B6) Necessary for the synthesis & breakdown of amino acids; aids in the formation of antibodies; maintains the central nervous system. B12) Helps in the formation & regeneration of red blood cells; maintains a healthy nervous system; increases energy
Vitamin C: (500mg-1000mg) Good anti-oxidant and is useful for almost everything, bad breath included! :) I use Blackmores "bio C" because it includes most elements of Vitamin P which are needed for full absorption of Vit.C (Rutin, Flavanoid, etc)
Vitamin D: Maintains your nervous system and normal function of your heart.
Vitamin E: good for peripheral circulation (can help with your pasty skin colour) and good for oxygenating the blood (as long as you're not in a room full of smoke i.e. still at the club) Is also an anti-oxidant
When I don't have all of those vitamins I usually take a Centrum as it has small amounts of most Vitamins and minerals, so it’s cheap and decent alternative.
Alpha-Lipoic Acid: Potent anti-oxidant that crosses the Blood-Brain Barrier and is useful as transport for my 5HTP (Vit b6 crosses the BBB also)
5HTP: (100mg-400mg depending)
Something else I've found that's excellent is "Green Magma" ask lil leecie or apollo about how I was after Two tribes before and after I had this stuff. It's Barley leaves and something else (man I wish I had the bottles with me) but it has everything you need and more vitamin and mineral wise, it also has shitloads of carbohydrates so you get some energy out of it and, more importantly, it gives your body the energy to put to use all the vitamins and minerals that you just stuffed down your gob.
Food wise: Sanitarium Up & Go’s are hard to beat, they’re breakfast in a popper! They’ve got a few B vitamins and (I think) some minerals like iron and calcium, and they’re cheap! Fruit juice is always a winner too because I find I can’t eat/drink anything too sweet so I usually grab a spring valley (they’re the best for taste imo) apple & black current juice. It’s got heaps of vitamin C, sodium & Potassium (electrolytes, which are extremely necessary) these minerals regulate fluids in the body.
If I can stomach it I might get some fruit or whatever I feel won’t worsen my fragile state at that very sketchy point in time.
Sorry if that sounded a bit promotional at times but I was just trying to express how handy some of these things have been to me. :)
[Disclaimer] Just because I take these amounts and these certain supplements doesn’t mean that everyone should take this much as these amounts might not be suitable for everybody. I am not a professional, all I’ve done is read some books and web sites to attain this information, so the credibility and accuracy of it can’t be guaranteed. Further more I am not trying to mislead anyone into thinking that I have found a cure for any health problems associated with taking drugs (but who here takes drugs right? :) ), everything I have mentioned will only assist your body in recovering and your body may never fully recover from the effects of taking drugs. That said, I have done a bit of research and to the best to of my knowledge this information is correct, I apologise for any mistakes/inaccuracies they are not intentional. :)
Links: Not all that relevant, just though some might find it interesting.
Vitamin Toxcicity
Vitamin Overdose
[ 18 April 2002: Message edited by: Mirage ]
[ 18 April 2002: Message edited by: Mirage ]

hey smil-E, how you doin'?
they way i minimise harm to myself doesn't involve any special vitamins or anything but i do follow a routine
drink lots of water the day before the big night,
i eat a good healthy meal about 5 hours before dumping,
drink only flavoured water while out (mmmm raspberrycordial),
when going home i buy a lifesaver iceblock, it helps get rid off the cotton mouth, and helps restore taste in my mouth. also it helps relieve the swelling of my toungue... i wonder why that happens because i don't chew my tongue, bit the next day i'm always biting it,
i've also found 'frappes' to be a winner, thats mixed fresh fruit, some juice(pineapple or OJ) blended with ice. any fruit does it. they are so tasty and soothing.
i go to sleep as soon as i get home.
the most important thing that i always stick to is that i NEVER mix drugs. if i have pills, that's all(but i do mix different sorts of pills), if i have uncle charlie, that's it. i don't do any other drugs, i've never smoked pot and i hate speed, trips don't interest me and i'm very non alcoholic. i always test my pills before i have them, my d/d has been super reliable the whole time i've known him, and i wont have one till i've heard a good report off someone i trust.
i would also like to add that not once have i had a problem getting to sleep after a night out and i cannot actually recall ever having a come down. even after some pretty insane nights(9pills in a 12hr period).
i've never had 5HTP, but i'm willing to give it a go out of curiosity.
peace out.

Following the posts above is a good idea. I always stock up on the vitamins and 5HTP the next day.
But, another tip:
Dont eat too many pills too often!
Realise that it is a drug that has detrimental effects and take it easy. Take breaks when you can, and remember that every pill does you damage (i sound like the anti-alcohol ad!)

lets see:
I take vitamin B b4 heading out. when Im peaking I sip my water, I probably drink less than wot i should, but I do sit down alot to cool down and also cos Im a socialable person and like meeting new people. I dont smoke, I dont dont drink alcohol and pop, I eat properly all week. when i get home after my big nite out i take vitamin B again b4 relaxing in a nice hot bubble bath. then I go to bed and try and sleep it off. I dont have a cone or anything like a lot of my mates do or have a drink either (alcohol).
I never have any probems. only when i start mixing my pills (ie differant ones) then i start having probs.