Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mdma content these days

whip

Bluelighter
From looking around on many of the testing sites I have found that a strong Mdma pill would have a content of 80mg Mdma but on average i would say it's more about 50mg mdma per pill. I was looking throught this site http://checkyourdrugs.com when I came across a Smiley with 168mg of Mdma!!.
my question is would any of our pills ever match this ??? and has anyone had a pill that has been tested for mdma content? from Australia

Unfortunately testing organisation do not have access to the equipment required to do this level of analysis so we don't know. Anecdotally I've heard people say that the pills they get might be around 80-120mgs and is based on comparing their experiences with measured doses of powder (Although they probably don't know the exact concentration of this either).

I dont think pills would be getting any weaker over here.. and i still think the conent of a good pill is well above 100mg..
(when compared with powder)
But there are many faults in this assumption.. I doubt any decent ones are as low as 50mg.
Chem
[ 17 April 2002: Message edited by: ChEmIcaL_NiGhT ]

read an interesting article on md in the Advertiser (SA) this week...theres been big 2 page write ups throughout the week on amphetamines. Anyway the article states that from seizures of md authorities say only 10% of pills are good quality mdma, the rest have substitutes mixed in. IMHO it's a bit higher than this through my experiences, but I also think a lot of the pills (maybe even most of em) have pma and other substitues mixed in em, which would explain why pills vary in physical FX so much (i.e sum make me twitch, sit me on my ass, dance,etc). Guess we'll neva know exactly wats in a pill unless the gov decides 2 set up mobile labs @ raves (yeah right). and seeming as EZ testas only tell u if MD is present, not how much is there, the quality or other substances mixed in, u can't really put all of your faith in the results from these either. i.e if a pill contains 30%pma and 70% mdma, will a test show that pma is there???....maybe, maybe not, especially wen most ppl usually use as smaller scraping as possible for the test
[ 18 April 2002: Message edited by: Lord Kaos ]

There are testers available from EZ-Test that will reveal evidence of a PMA/MDMA mix from a scraping sample.
BigTrancer :)

Lord kaos - Um hate to break it to you, but this....
"but I also think a lot of the pills (maybe even most of em) have pma "
Is way wrong.. An mdma /pma combo pill would KILL you!.. So many factors come into play when you take a statement for been true from the cops.
A) there gonna lie, scares people from taking it.
B) Often, the pills police seize are only the bad ones, for many reasons.. I imagine the "big" people out there often let "batches" go to the police so they think there getting somewhere.
C)They may seize lots of speed bombs cos the people who make them are more stupid/easier to catch etc etc.. And i reckon often the ones the caught are made locally (cos its easier for them-the police, to find out about).. and most of the local pills made would be dodgy shit.
But from my expereince... (in testing and from use) MOst the pills i see are MDMA, or an analogue of mdma.
CHem

My cousin works for the police forensic lab. Yes, she does the quantitative testing. I've had a chat with her, and she says that only about 10% of the pills they get test for MDMA.
But, the samples they usually get are from the pills seized, and of people i've heard of getting busted, very rarely are they holding top-notch MDMA pills. I picture dodgy fucks getting busted dealing dodgy shit, hence explaining the 10%.
She said that most pills that are MDMA are between 80-100mgs. Hopefully that sorts some things for you. Based on taking 100mg of powder, that's equivalent to double dumping, so maybe that's just the way powder hits you, possibly related to dose, or a purely subjective account. I don't know , there's no real quantitative aspect to taking drugs and measuring how chopped you get.
But stick wit my cuz. :D

Supaspeed... Just in reply to your point about powder versus pill... any psychoactive substance swallowed as a powder rather than as a pill is likely to come on more quickly and intensely. A powder will be absorbed into the bloodstream more quickly because the pill will take longer to be broken down by the stomach acids. However, you will start to come down more quickly on the powder too. And if you snort the powder (or crush the pill and snort the resulting powder) the rush will be even quicker, and the come down too, because your method of using is enabling quicker metabolism. This would apply even if there were exactly the same amount of active ingredient in the powder and the pill.

The amount of mdma doesn't matter as much anymore if you bump. I haven't double-dumped ever since learning about this method. $$$ saved ! ! !

Unfortunately, notwithstanding the bang-for-buck savings of insufflating MDMA, it's highly caustic and quite damaging to the nasal mucous membranes.
I remember reading a survey from CheckIt (a quantitative testing website) that averaged test results of MDxx pills from 1999 and found an average of around about 40mg MDxx, and 2000 pills were closer to 90mg average. Unfortunately I can't locate the page now, as they've redesigned the site and made it all confusing.
Here's an older thread on MDMA content in pills:
http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=35&t=000099

Well... I found the information I was looking for: apparently the page has been taken offline but I had saved it in a BL thread :D
I was wrong with my dates above, it turns out the analyses were carried out in 2000 and early 2001.
[ FEBRUARY 2001 ]
Note: MDMA content in pills is increasing (source: DROBS Hanover) The average dose of MDMA per pill rose from around 40mg in August last year to about 90mg. Here are the exact details:
Week 32, 2000 (Start of Aug) - average = 51.7mg MDMA per pill
Week 39, 2000 (End of Sept) - average = 69.4mg MDMA per pill
Week 47, 2000 (End of Nov) - average = 91.4mg MDMA per pill
Week 1, 2001 (Start of Jan) - average = 90.9mg MDMA per pill
Therefore this can lead to people more easily taking too high a dose, especially if they are used to small quantities and usually take multiple pills.
Originally sourced from CHECKS It! Vienna (www.checkyourdrugs.at)
Copied from July 2001 BL thread: Recent European Pill Warnings

The thing about it is that most of the time it's really all guess work here. None of us have any sort of access to anyone who could tell us how many mg's of MD is in a pill, so really none of us can be accurate.
Something we should take into account also is that powder is *usually* a hell of a lot cleaner than a pill, like for example a 100mg cap may make you feel loved up, but you won't be sitting on your ass as such (if you know what I mean), but a 100mg pill may have you sitting on your ass being "off guts" so to speak. ;)
Other things to take into account is if it actually is MDMA or MDA or MDEA. Concentration should also be taken into account too!
From what *I've* been told about the amount of MD that's in pills I'd guess that most that are around would have between 80mg - 120mg in them, like Airwalk said earlier, however unless we can actually find the maker ;) , or find proper testing equipment so that we can find out for sure none of us will really know, it's all just guess work.
Still this makes for some good discussion.

I don't care. I'm sick of eccies. I want some lsd. I want to be able to see & feel the musac again.

*inane in(ter)jection from drug fucked mod mona*
mmm lsd is where its at :) found beauty in urban grime last night.
(also found beauty in ketamine and mdma, but that's another story)
:)

An mdma /pma combo pill would KILL you!..
....ummmm why am I still alive then???? I've had many pills that contain pma and md. also mixed pma caps with md pills so......
oh and BT i know EZ2 will test 4 pma/mdma mix, but I've also seen tests that came up good 1st time, then u take another scraping from another part of the pill and the test shows up pma/mdma mix. What I was trying 2 say is the scaping used 2 test may not contail ALL of the substances that's in the pill